Posted: 29-Jun-2005, 04:05 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Saskatchewan, Canada

female

Ok now it's mine turn to cry!! crybaby.gif

Last night my mom and I went over to my grandparents place to see them because my grandfather is going into a home today and grandma wanted support from the family!! My cousin Annette (the one I talk about so much) and her mom showed up as well but one of my other aunts (that lives here in Calgary) didn't show up which made us mad since it showed that she wasn't showing her support to grandma. We all support her decision to do this since it's gotten to a point where she can't handle taking care of him full-time anymore!! Plus it was really hard last night being all alone and not having anyone to hold me to tell me it's going to ok...I miss that!! cry.gif I nearly called my ex last night just to talk to someone other than family but I didn't!!! It'll get better I know but it's still hard but now as I've told mom we'll just have to make sure to go see him as much as we can!!

Thanks for listening!!
PMEmail Poster                
Maddie 
Posted: 30-Jun-2005, 12:44 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacBirch

female

let me give you a big hug!

*hugs*

Sad moments.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 30-Jun-2005, 08:53 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi everyone! Hugs to all! Sounds like a few of you are going through some difficult times.

Moonchild, so sad when we have to put our relatives in a home. I am glad you were there to be with your grandparents and other family members to show your support, even though I am sure it was very hard on you and others. As far as you aunt goes. I don't know her of course, but everyone handles difficult situations differently. I hope you are feeling better.

My SIL is still in the hospital and even though she is now improving, it has been a real strain on her and family members as well.

I have been doing my physical therapy and told the PT guy all about my new exercise program that I bought by Gunnar Peterson. He knew exactly what it was to a T and told me NOT to use that program for my back. Now I gotta return it! sad.gif The PT helps but when they make me do all these exercises it is so painful, but after they massage my back and make me do stretches, it helps ease it a bit.

well those are my complaints..LOL

Hello to all!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Moon Child 
Posted: 01-Jul-2005, 02:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Thanks Maddie and CR!!! It's been sort of a rough week for me but hey it's almost over!!! Besides I have the Stampede to look forward to next weekend!!!

Cr, I'm sorry that you have to return your exercise program but at least your PT warned you not to use it and do any further damage to your back!!! Take it easy with the PT, if he hurt's you just smack him!! Your back might not feel but but you might!!! laugh.gif

I hope your SIL is doing well!! I know it can be a real strain on the family but this is when family comes together the most!!!

Take care everyone!!!
PMEmail Poster                
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 03-Jul-2005, 01:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 26-Jun-2005, 03:42 AM)
SB, bet you hated it when I left Asheville, didn't ya? It was the most beautiful place I had ever lived. I still dream of there.

YES!! - now I don't have a good excuse for going up there a couple of times a year!!! crybaby.gif crybaby.gif crybaby.gif

SB
(oh, dig this - I had a George moment at Lowe's yesterday, when we went to buy paint. On one of the paint color displays, there was a brochure with the Biltmore House on the front and inside advertised paint in the colors used in the library and the tapestry room! As if paint could make either of our houses look at ALL like George's!! I got a kick out of that!)

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 03-Jul-2005, 01:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Moon Child @ 29-Jun-2005, 06:05 PM)
Last night my mom and I went over to my grandparents place to see them because my grandfather is going into a home today and grandma wanted support from the family!! ...We all support her decision to do this since it's gotten to a point where she can't handle taking care of him full-time anymore!!

Oh man, that is a tough decision to make - nobody wants to see their loved one go to a nursing home, but sometimes its the only answer. Both of my grandmas had to live in a nursing home for a few years, towards the end of their lives when their health had gotten really bad plus they had Alzheimer's/dementia respectively.

For your grandma's sake, MC, I am so glad she made that decision though - she is wise to realize her limitations.

SB
PM               
Moon Child 
Posted: 04-Jul-2005, 02:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

I agree with you SB, she did do the right thing. It's hard yes to see him go into a home but we all know that it's the best for him! Grandma was just getting to a point where she couldn't take care of him anymore and even had to have in care givers that came into the house. They didn't really work out either since it seemed as soon as they go there they were rushing to leave!! So at least now he'll have ongoing care 24hrs a day!! I'm hopefully going to go up and see him on either Tuesday or Friday after I'm done this long rotation at work!!
PMEmail Poster                
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 04-Jul-2005, 06:41 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Moon Child - I have to agree that it is sometimes better to have people in homes to have the care they need. Sometimes it is hard on one person espcially when they are older so they can't take care of their partner anymore and if the care givers which come to help aren't doing the work it's just a waste of money. No I think as hard as it must have been for you all to make that decision it's probably for the best.

Well, my husband is right now in a big heap of trouble with his company down there in Iraq. Since we still didn't get his bonus we wrote to our congressman. Now they are jumping on him. 'How could he do this' and 'What was he thinking' and 'This is something a low Private would do but not an NCO of the United States Army' etc. Just to point out that my husband signed a 6 year contract with them and was promised money over 20 weeks ago and hasn't seen a dime as of yet and after giving the run-around he decided it was time for some higher force to intervene. I mean we pay taxes so we can pay our congressmen. So we should have the right to call on them. And so far still no money. unsure.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 05-Jul-2005, 12:44 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh my, Monarch! That sounds terrible. I hope this situation gets worked out for your hubby. Military can be so unpredictable at times. Keep us posted.

Sorry SB! I wish you would come here to vist me though. I could show you different sites! smile.gif

Hey Moonchild! How is it going? My vehicle is in the shop now...........for three days! Hubby wanted a trailer hitch put on and they can't seem to figure out how to do it! rolleyes.gif

Hope all is well. HOtter than Hades here but we are doing well. Just have been very busy.
Moon Child 
Posted: 05-Jul-2005, 01:10 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Monarch, I can't believe your husband is in trouble with his company. If it was any of them that was happening to I know they'd be doing the same thing to help out their family!!!

Cr, things are going as best as they can be. I'm working on getting the car fixed and should hopefully have it all done with the two weeks or so. My mechanic has been really busy working out of town so he's trying to find time to work on my car. Been a bit depressed and confused since I saw my ex on Saturday. He told me that his boss is moving into the corporate office at work from the shop and Terry will be going for his boss' position of shop manager. He told me that it's way more money and it'd be nice to share it with someone. All I could say to him is yes it would. Then he asked me to come over and watch a movie with him but I didn't since I had to work that night and he also told me that he nearly had tickets for us to go Def Leppard that are coming out here in later August. So I'm all around confused and don't know what to think!!! huh.gif But I'm not trying to think anything into it since I WON'T put my heart through pain again!!!

So other than things are going alright. I'm on my last night of 8 nights straight at work then I have one day off then on for two but then have the weekend off!! I'm going to the Stampede this Sunday and I can't wait!!!! I'm going to see Jason McCoy's new band called The Road Hammers in concert.

Well gal pals I hope your all doing well otherwise!!!
PMEmail Poster                
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 05-Jul-2005, 02:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

Yes well, I guess it starts working out with the military. We will see. At least we finally have a settled amount. So now we are just waiting to have this money send to our account. Let's hope this time it comes here. I want to pay off the debt.

I got me the new Gerard Butler movie today.

It's a wonderful story and I had to keep the handkerchiefs ready. cry.gif

The actors were great. All of them. If you get the chance to watch it - I can only recommand this movie and not only because it is with Gerard Butler. tongue.gif

CelticRoz 
Posted: 05-Jul-2005, 04:47 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Moonchild! I LOVE your new avatar! Where the heck did you get that? It is so perfect for you! Ooh, heard from the ex, eh? That always makes it difficult. Just follow your heart is all I can say.

Monarch! Which Gerald Butler movie did you get again? I forgot the name of it.

I saw Troy the other night and probably one of the few people in this world who didn't like it. I am not a Brad Pitt fan, didn't like Sean Bean's hair style. I hated it when Eric Bana got killed as I like him. The best part is when Orlando became Legolas and shot Pitt in the ankle! laugh.gif

Well my van is in the shop again too. Hubby is having a trailer hitch put on and the mechanics can't seem to figure out how to do it. They have had my vehicle for four days now! ohmy.gif

Take care, gals!
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 05-Jul-2005, 09:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

female

Celtic Rose, the movie with Gerard Butler was called "Dear Frankie".

Hope everyone is fine.

Moon Child 
Posted: 05-Jul-2005, 10:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

female

Hello gal pals,

Monarch, I will have to go searching for that movie and hope they have it up here!!!

CR, thanks about my avatar!! I love it too!! I just stumble across it on a web site that I found when I was looking for pics for the moon. It's exactly what I was looking for!! When I joined up for the founder's account and got to change my title I went searching for a pic of a lady looking up at the moon but didn't find anything. Then I was reading the avatars forum and decided to look for a new one myself and voila I found it. I knew I'd find one eventually and will definitely be keeping this one for awhile! biggrin.gif

With the ex I'm not trying to read anything into but I just don't know what to do. I love him so much but I know what I want out of life and he just doesn't seem to want the same things as me but he did before I guess that's why it hurts so much. I'm strong though and doing my own thing right now and not even looking for any one new yet but he will come in time when I'm ready!!

I can't believe they've had your van for 4 days now!! huh.gif You'd think they'd be done with it soon!!

Hope everyone's doing well!!
PMEmail Poster                
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 06-Jul-2005, 12:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Good mid-week, everyone!

We're getting some much needed rain today, my little geraniums are practically dancing they enjoy the shower so much. I don't think there is anything more cheerful than a pot of red geraniums! My favorite flower, I suppose.

This belongs in the Book Corner I guess, but has anyone read Anne Morrow Lindbergh's "Gift from The Sea"? I just finished it, and it is really wonderful... I was surprised how relevent it was to me at this stage in life. One kid just got married (Chris, he's 22) and the other is 17 & due to finish high school soon. Then she'll be off to college and as Mrs. Lindbergh points out I will be facing a change in my home that I hadn't really considered. As the mother of 5 and wife to Charles, she says:
"I mean to lead a simple life, to choose a simple shell I can carry easily - like a hermit crab. But I do not. I find that my frame of life does not foster simplicity...The life I have chosen as wife and mother estrains a whole caravan of complications."
She goes on to discuss our we as women need to be centered, to be strong at our core, and that as changes come along (when children leave) we can approach a new chapter in our lives.

Anyone else read this little gem?
PM               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]