Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> No Celtic Boundaries, A New Program on Highlander Radio!
CelticRadio 
  Posted: 10-Jan-2007, 08:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,601 Gold!

We are very excited to announce that Charles Dewhurst's "No Celtic Boundaries" show is coming to Highlander Radio!

The No Celtic Boundaries show is broadcasted from the Outer Hebrides of Scotland and is heard on Lochbroom FM, 102..2 FM & 96.8 FM in Scotland. We think you will love Charles' knowledgable perspective on Scottish, Irish and Celtic music. He mixes mostly music, with interviews, commentary and his experiences in Celtic music.

Charles would love to hear some feedback on his show, so please visit his website after you have heard the show on Highlander Radio. There is also a wealth of Celtic music information on featured albums and artists on his site. Definitely make it a bookmark when you want to discover some new and excellent Celtic musicians:

http://nocelticboundaries.com/

The show will be broadcast 3 times during the week. 1:00 PM on Wednesdays, 10:00 PM on Fridays and 2:00 AM on Mondays. All times are Eastern Standard. Checkout our broadcast schedule to determine your local time:

http://www.celticradio.net/php/schedule.php

Here is a little background on the show from the "No Celtic Boundaries" website.

"No Celtic Boundaries, broadcasting from the Shores of Lochbroom in the Highland Fishing village of Ullapool. The name of the show was dreamt up by the Multi talented Maartin Allcock of Jethro Tull and Fairport Convention fame.

Dedicated to Celtic Music, Charles and Gemma, with the help of the Show's producer, Mr Tony Henk have devoted a lot of time and energy to bringing the listening public a vast selection of Celtic music from around the world.

Most people think that Celtic Music is predominately Irish and Scottish, but if you actually start looking deeper into its roots you can go as far a field as The Ukraine, Canada, USA, Wales, France, South Africa, Romania and so on. In fact there are No Boundaries."

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
parkers1 

I'm away until 12/31/2014
  Posted: 14-Jan-2007, 10:17 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacReed

Realm: Down Texas way - Round Rock, Tx

male

As always you come up with great ways to keep us all entertained. Just caught some thing on TV and seems like the Celts originated in France but clashed and lost to the Roman Empire then came the British Isles but the Roman Empire never got as far as the Celts in Ireland. It is my belief it spread the world over cause when you listen to the music it just warms your heart and gives you a special feeling. My sister never did finish the geneology but word is my roots are embedded in Ireland just haven't seen proof of it.

--------------------
Al down Texas way
PMEmail Poster               
zeryx 
Posted: 15-Jan-2007, 01:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Dunfermline ~ Scotland

female

I've just tuned in whilst getting ready for work - what a great show ... thank you for scheduling it at times I can enjoy it biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Friends are like quiet angels who lift our feet when our wings forget how to fly
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
haynes9 
Posted: 15-Jan-2007, 06:31 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

I agree, Lynda. What a great show! I'm certainly going to try and be a regular listener.

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 26-Feb-2007, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,601 Gold!

We just received 16 new episodes from Charles. These are just excellent shows! Thanks for the feedback.

And an interesting article in today's internet radio newsletter:

"Veteran industry analyst Jerry Del Colliano recently issued a warning to terrestrial radio broadcasters and satellite radio operators: ready or not, universal Wi-Fi is coming, and it will propel Internet radio's popularity with it.

Read more about why Del Colliano argues that ubiquitious Wi-Fi could spell disaster for broadcasters who don't start preparing their products and services now, all in today's issue of RAIN: Radio And Internet Newsletter, at http://www.kurthanson.com."
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]