N0LIKA 
Posted: 05-Aug-2005, 08:56 AM
Quote Post

Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

female

MD,
Sorry to hear about your experience at the donut shop. That person was rude. I get people where I work all he time just thinking of their selves. I have bit my tongue so many times it's ready to fall off. Have a great time at the symphony. Wish I could be there. I haven't been to the symphony since my father was alive and they played some of his music.

Good morning Rose, Rindy, dreamer jP, MD of course and evryone else.

Have to go to work this morning wacko.gif Oh well I'm off tomarrow and meeting a friend for lunch.

Have a great day.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster               
ghost 
Posted: 05-Aug-2005, 03:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Just popping in to say hello!

Any avid gardeners? I bought some potted marigolds for the patio, they cheer me up!

PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 05-Aug-2005, 10:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I got some bad news. Megan, my six year old niece, broke her arm yesterday. She was on the slide in their back yard. She slid down sideways and landed on her arm and broke it just above the elbow. The doctor put her arm in a splint. My mom used to be a teacher. She said that when she taught elementary school, she saw more accidents on the slides than any other playground equipment.

I thank God neither my sister or I had many medical emergencies like that. I broke my leg once when I was a toddler, but that was because my foot got caught in the spokes of the stroller when the babysitter was taking me for a walk. Also, my sister is severely allergic to insect stings, so we had to take her to the ER for that once or twice. One time I was at a block party when Cath and her family used to live in their old house. She was going to eat her dinner outside. I told her not to and she asked why. I said that there were a lot of bees out. Needless to say, she stayed indoors.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 05-Aug-2005, 10:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (Eventide @ 05-Aug-2005, 04:48 PM)

Any avid gardeners? I bought some potted marigolds for the patio, they cheer me up!

Look down the forum list to "Special Interests" and the "The Garden Gate." It's a real garden in there. Care to post a pic of the marigolds? biggrin.gif

MDF3530, that's terrible about your niece. Slides are a menace. I remember coming off the end of a big tall one and flying into gravel and getting all scraped up. Someody had waxed it -- we used to take the wax paper from our sandwiches and sit on it going down the slide. I never went on it again.

Poor little kid -- I hope she is going to be OK. That must have been very painful. You'll have to get her some really good stickers for the cast. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 05-Aug-2005, 10:41 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everyone! Just stopping in to say goodnight-

Mike I agree with Nolika rude rude rude--it makes it easy times like that I live in a low- populated place...no excuses for that..make yourself better than them and don't waste your energy with people like that.
Are you going out to dinner anywhere cool? Sorry to hear about your niece.. I broke my arm in a car wreck when I was 15 still bothers me when it gets cold out.

Hi Nolika- its good to see you. Any special plans for the weekend?

Eventide I love to garden--unfortunately our season is about done now..

Hi DR- where ever you are....Ha I know where you are wink.gif

Well everyone have a safe weekend and enjoy summer while you still can.

Slainte smile.gif

PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 06-Aug-2005, 12:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 05-Aug-2005, 11:39 PM)
MDF3530, that's terrible about your niece. Slides are a menace. I remember coming off the end of a big tall one and flying into gravel and getting all scraped up. Someody had waxed it -- we used to take the wax paper from our sandwiches and sit on it going down the slide. I never went on it again.

Poor little kid -- I hope she is going to be OK. That must have been very painful. You'll have to get her some really good stickers for the cast. smile.gif

They put a splint on Megan's arm, not a cast.

My sister and I used to get scraped up playing at the public school playground, but nothing more serious than that. Of course, that was back when the playground was paved with asphalt. They've since torn up the old playground and most of the old equipment (only the swings and one of the rocking horses remain) and put in grass and wood chips. When they are here, I take my sister's kids to the very same playground. They get a kick out of me telling them that Grandma & Grandpa used to take Mommy and Uncle Mike there when we were their age.

I take them there for the same reason my parents took my sister and I there: it's closer (only a block from the house) than any of the parks in the area.
valpal59 
Posted: 06-Aug-2005, 07:32 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Hi everyone. Hope everyone is having a good morning. We got the laptops set up on wireless so I am setting on the patio catching up on the forums. This is just too cool. It is 66, no wind, and partly cloudy. A most wonderful morning. Hope everyone has a good say.

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 06-Aug-2005, 01:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Happy Saturday everyone!

There was nothing worthwhile on TV last night, so my youngest suggested watching the Return of the King again. Man, that movie really affects me! While everyone was at the Grey Havens saying goodbye to Frodo, Bilbo and Gandalf, I had to think of our ancestors immigrating to North Amerikay. How they most likely would never see one another again. Listen to the words of Danny Boy, and you'll know what I mean.
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 06-Aug-2005, 01:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (Eventide @ 05-Aug-2005, 04:48 PM)

You know Eventide, I just love your avatar!!!
Keira Knightly!!!
wub.gif
PMEmail Poster               
ghost 
Posted: 06-Aug-2005, 02:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 05-Aug-2005, 08:39 PM)
Look down the forum list to "Special Interests" and the "The Garden Gate."  It's a real garden in there. Care to post a pic of the marigolds? biggrin.gif

MDF3530, that's terrible about your niece.  Slides are a menace. 

Thanks for the tip Stormeil! I might be able to provide a pic --or two. I'm still trying to find my pace here...but you know there are so many interesting topics I'm getting lost in the threads :lol

My sentiments exactly, they can be a menace! I may be a sod for saying so but I find a part of the miracle of children is how quickly they bounce back in full spirit in such a short time.
Battlescars of the playground add character-- later in life. Happy thoughts sent to you and yours.

Yes, Keira played well in King Arthur-- I am interested in learning more about archery unfortunately I neither have time nor the means to follow this dream for the moment, but I won't give up!

Three cheers for saturday well wishers! thumbs_up.gif
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 06-Aug-2005, 02:42 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Hello everyone! I haven't been in here much so I thought I'd drop by and say hi! I hope everyone is having a nice day. Can you believe its almost time for the kids to go back to school! Fall is just around the corner and I am so glad! I hate summer and can't wait to see those first snow flakes flying! smile.gif

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
Haldur 
Posted: 06-Aug-2005, 06:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Grayson, KY

male

Been working the night shift and writing a lot of music.

Most of it's sounding sorta like a mix between Lennon/McCartney and Pearl Jam. Kinda cool really. smile.gif

--------------------
Haldr, Traveller of the Great Forest

"After all is said and done, a lot more will be said than done."

- Unknown

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 06-Aug-2005, 07:13 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey there everybody! Sounds like all are doing well, except for Mike's niece...poor wee thing! Kids are pretty resilient and will heal up soon, but I am sure she was hurting bad when that happened. I have never broken anything but a toe and that hurt BAD. I can't imagine an arm or leg! OUCH!

Hey Nolika and eventide! Nice to see you in here! Eventide, I do also love your avatar!

Nolika! How are you doing?

Hey JP! Oh that is too bad if you cannot go to the concert. sounds really good. I am so sorry about the loss of all the marines in your state. I always hate to hear the loss of our soldiers. I sure wish they would send them home.

Hey Allen! so good to see you. I guess fall would be in the air for all you. We are still in our summer heat so it is hard to imagine. I hope you and yours are doing well.

Rindy! How are you? Cool there too, eh? Hubby was gone all day and now is home and wants the computer, of course. In fact, he standing over me...........the pest!

Hey to Dreamer. so glad to hear you are doing better. Been wondering you are doing.

Hey Haldur and anybody else I missed. Forgive me but I have to go as hubby is nagging me the death to get off! GRRRRRRRRR

See y'all later!
gwenlee 
Posted: 06-Aug-2005, 08:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Everyone: It is raining here in NW Georgia and because it is so hard my satellite system is out, so I am on the very slow dial up. I'm so glad every one is doing well. MD I'm sorry to hear about you nieces arm. But we all know kid heal up so easy and they take everything in stride she is probably enjoying having everyone sign the cast.

Did anyone see the PBS special Celtic Woman tonight? It was really good. That was the only worth while thing to watch tonight.

This is the final week before the kids go back to school. They said they are going to be glad to go back.

CR I'll take plenty of pictures when I meet SB and the others. I hope those who want to meet up at the Stone Mountain Game will be able to meet there.

Well I have to go
TTFN
Gwen
Dreamer1 
Posted: 06-Aug-2005, 08:45 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Hi everyone,

Mike, I'm sorry to hear about your niece. Poor thing! Give her lots of extra pampering while her arm heals.

Rindy, I'd send you some of our hot weather if I could. Trade you for some rain. Hope you've still been able to get out there and enjoy your garden. I love to just grab a cup of coffee and sit and rock out there in the afternoons, whenever possible.

(It's been a funny season this year - more days in the 90's (it seems) than in recent years with higher humidity, but with less rain. Our gardens are just holding their own, and thankful for any water I can give. We've seen lots of thunderboomers slide by, but the rain always seem to hit north of us.)

CR, I know exactly how you feel when your hubby wants the computer! Mine used to come in, sit on the couch behind me, and stare at my back. If I managed to ignore that treatment, he'd start a conversation knowing full well I can't read email, surf the web, and hold a conversation at the same time. It drives me batty! He'd just keep it up until I gave in. Finally, he got his own 'putner, so now we don't have those little games. laugh.gif

JP, I hope you will still be able to go to most of the concert! It sounds too terrific to miss. I know you've all had some scorching weather lately too, 'cause our girls have been visiting grandparents there. They've spent a lot of time in the pool, we've heard! You can stop sending that heat this way now, though. We've had enough. I think Rindy could use a bit of it, though. Take care of yourself, and go to that concert!

Gettin-Away, thinking of you!

Nolika, Wizard, Haldur, Eventide, it's really nice to see you all here too! Wizard, our Summer really didn't start until the beginning of July, and even with the warmer-than-usual days we've had, I'm not ready for Fall yet. Not quite yet.

Hello to everyone, and I hope you're all having a great weekend!

I'll be away for a couple of days now - we're off to pick up our girls! See you all soon.

Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]