Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Christian Music, Gospel, Contemporary or Celtic?
CelticRoz 
Posted: 14-Mar-2004, 05:20 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

hey! Anybody listen to Christian music? I personally love the Contemporary Christian genre. My favorite artists are DC Talk, The Newsboys, Michael W. Smith and many others. I even have some Celtic Christian music! My faves there are a Scottish band called Iona, Eden's Bridge, Ceili Rain and Robin Mark's CD "Revival in Belfast." Looking forward to seeing your faves! smile.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Elspeth 
Posted: 15-Mar-2004, 05:33 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

I am learning of the Christian music genre quickly as I started singing in our church's Praise Band. biggrin.gif

I don't know one group from another yet, just the printed sheet before me. Maybe I can name the songs and you can tell me the artist. rolleyes.gif

My friend did share with me a Jars of Clay song that was quite nice.

Celtic Christian music? Way cool. That is something I want to check out.

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 15-Mar-2004, 06:00 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh I LOVE Jars of Clay! They have one CD (can't remember the name) that I really love. I think it was their very first. Mercy Me is really good to. Bet you would love them.

Celtic Christian music is awesome. Bet you would love that too! I really love Eden's Bridge. They are all from the UK and play some really beautiful worship music.
Sylvanus 
Posted: 15-Mar-2004, 03:48 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacIvy

Realm: east central Pennsylvania

male

Cheers for Eden's Bridge! and Iona... I bought a Ceili Rain CD but haven't listened to it much.

Michael Card is probably my favourite Christian musician: amazing musician, solid lyrics, and he plays Celtic stuff!

I also like John Michael Talbot, 2nd Chapter of Acts, Keith Green, Phil Keaggy...

--------------------
There is a King. Believing is Seeing. Seek the King!
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 15-Mar-2004, 04:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

I love rock and roll ("so put another dime in the jukebox, baby!")
so I am always looking for rock and roll with a Christian twist to it. Latest find, Switchfoot... they've got a song on MTV's TRL right now, and I'm enjoying their latest album a lot. Very very talented kids indeed, I love the way that guy handles the Les Paul... walkman.gif

dcTalk is probably my all-time favorite Christian band, but then again so is Skillet which is a techno/industrial band that has the best testimony you've ever heard ~ they stop right in the middle of a concert and talk about their faith, about what God's done in their lives, its exactly what the kids at the concert need to hear...

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 15-Mar-2004, 05:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

I've never been much for Christian music myself, but Iona is quite nice. And I'm wondering if Twinflame belongs in this catagory. I know that they seem to have a very Christian edge on a lot of what is said in their songs...

The songs aren't directly in praise of Jesus, but there seems to be quite an abundance of Christian refrences in it =) I'm looking forward to getting the CDs in to learn more about it.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

Irish Stepper 
Posted: 15-Mar-2004, 07:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

I love Michael W. Smith...especially when he's touring with Darlene Zschech on the Songs 4 Worship Tour. If you ever get a chance to see that, then I definately recommend it. thumbs_up.gif

There's also another singer I love...Mark Schultz. He's not as popular as some, but a lot of his music really touches me. One of his songs is "He's My Son". It's written from the point of view of a father who's son has leukemia. It makes me cry every time, because I have a friend who's son had leukemia, and I really know that's how she felt. Thankfully, my friend's son is in remission and is doing great. I played that song to her 2 years after her son went into remission, and she just said, "Yep, that says it all". cry.gif

--------------------

user posted image
kelaorqu 
Posted: 17-Mar-2004, 10:47 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacHawthorn

female

There's also another singer I love...Mark Schultz. He's not as popular as some, but a lot of his music really touches me. One of his songs is "He's My Son". It's written from the point of view of a father who's son has leukemia

That song's one of my favourites too... I also love Jars of Clay! Moya Brennan, who is Enya's sister, is a great Christian Celtic singer, but I also love Iona. Christians and Celtic - What a great mix!

I also really like Rock. I own the X 2003 and like some of the cuts. Ska is also great. The OC supertones have really real and powerful lyrics that have some depth to them rather than just wishy-washy.

If you want to check out a good rock band that is just starting up go to www.northofok.com. This is a group i know from when I went to Kansas in the summer. Not only can they sing, but they are also amazing people!

Another good singer is Joel G. (www.joelg.ca) who is also starting up.

--------------------
Christ with me,
Christ before me,
Christ hehind me,
Christ in me,
Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ on my right,
Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down,
Christ when I sit down,
Christ when I arise,
Christ in quiet,
Christ in danger,
Christ in the heart of every man who think of me,
Christ in the mouth os everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.
~ St. Patrick
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 18-Mar-2004, 10:25 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (sylvanus @ Mar 15 2004, 04:48 PM)
Cheers for Eden's Bridge! and Iona... I bought a Ceili Rain CD but haven't listened to it much.

Michael Card is probably my favourite Christian musician: amazing musician, solid lyrics, and he plays Celtic stuff!

I also like John Michael Talbot, 2nd Chapter of Acts, Keith Green, Phil Keaggy...

Ooh! Sylvanus! I love all those you mentioned too! thumbs_up.gif
ChuckDenton 
Posted: 21-Mar-2004, 09:36 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Lee's Summit, Missouri USA

male

I don't know what made me do it, but i was day dreaming today after Mass and wondered what happened to all of the beautiful OLD OLD Marian Hymns that we used to sing when we were in May Crowning processions in the late 50's and 60's? You know what I mean, the ones that made your grandma and mom cry? I always relate those songs with the smells of spring, lilacs and hyacinth. I also remember my class mates girls with fancy white dresses and communion veils, and my buddies and me with our white long-sleeved shirts and red ties, smelling of Vitalis.

Anyway now that I've layed out the picture...(I'm OLD!)

I searched the Internet and found some MIDIs with some old songs that I'd forgotten: "On this Day O Beautiful Mother" "Tis the Month of Our Mother" and "Bring Flowers of the Rarest.." What a walk down memory lane it was!

Anybody else remember those?
Chuck

--------------------
[FONT=Geneva][SIZE=7][COLOR=gray]
Slainte'
[color=green]Slainte'/color]
PMEmail Poster                
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 22-Mar-2004, 10:14 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacElder

Realm: South Louisiana

female

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ Mar 15 2004, 04:14 PM)
I love rock and roll ("so put another dime in the jukebox, baby!")
so I am always looking for rock and roll with a Christian twist to it.  Latest find, Switchfoot... they've got a song on MTV's TRL right now, and I'm enjoying their latest album a lot.  Very very talented kids indeed, I love the way that guy handles the Les Paul...  walkman.gif  

dcTalk is probably my all-time favorite Christian band, but then again so is Skillet which is a techno/industrial band that has the best testimony you've ever heard ~ they stop right in the middle of a concert and talk about their faith, about what God's done in their lives, its exactly what the kids at the concert need to hear...

WOW...S.Blues you and I have the same taste in music. I love Switchfoot and Skillet. I love Christian rock, and I also love all the musician mentioned earlier: Keith Green, Iona (but I thought they were an Irish band?), Moye Brennan (I didn't know she was Enya's sister. Their father is a famous musician/singer in Ireland, and it seems he had an impact).

I could go on and on, but let mention one of my favorite groups..."Delirious?" from the UK. Their new album is wonderful entitled "World Service". Their single "Inside Outside" is climbing the mainstream charts in Germany, and you can view the video on their Web Site. But the song I want you to hear is "Majesty (Here I Am)". It is so beautiful!! Go to their Web Site--www.delirious.co.uk/ You can down load two songs: "Rain Down" which is really wonderful, and "Majesty (Here I Am)". Tell me what you think.

"Delirious?" is an awesome band, but wait until you see them live! On 10 April I will be seeing them again live at a Music Festival in New Orleans. I can't wait. thumbs_up.gif walkman.gif

--------------------
Roisin-Teagan

"There, in that hand, on that shoulder under that chin---all of its lightness delicately balanced and its strings skillfully bowed---it becomes a voice."---Rich Mullins

"At 18, if you have oversized aspirations, the whole world sees you as a dreamer. At 40, you get the reputation for being a visionary." ---Rich Mullins

"God gives the gifts where He finds the vessel empty enough to receive them."---C.S. Lewis

Éire go Brách!
PMEmail Poster               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 22-Mar-2004, 11:04 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

Here is another reccomendation:

A new artist...Jason Morant. He plays alot at "Aquire the Fire", "Teen Mania", and "Youth Stock". His music is Awesome and Anointed! It takes you to another level of worship. It falls into Praise Alternative Rock. He just finished recording his album in Nashville and will be coming out this May. To check him out go to www.jasonmorant.com I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised.

Roisin angel_not.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 31-Mar-2004, 08:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Roisin-Teagan @ Mar 22 2004, 11:14 AM)
but let mention one of my favorite groups..."Delirious?" from the UK. Their new album is wonderful entitled "World Service". Their single "Inside Outside" is climbing the mainstream charts in Germany, and you can view the video on their Web Site. But the song I want you to hear is "Majesty (Here I Am)". It is so beautiful!! Go to their Web Site--www.delirious.co.uk/ You can down load two songs: "Rain Down" which is really wonderful, and "Majesty (Here I Am)". Tell me what you think.

Darlin', you have GREAT taste in music! laugh.gif
Delirious is one of my very favorite bands - I remember seeing them for the first time several years ago when our cable tv channel ran a program called Praise or something, and they showed music videos of Christian bands. They showed 'Deeper' and I was grinning like a Cheshire cat by the time it was over! Went right out and got the cd the next day.

I hate to admit it but I haven't been keeping up with them (look of shame) and did not know they have a new album. I'm going straight 'way to listen to those tracks - thank you for telling me about them!

S.
PM               
Roisin-Teagan 
Posted: 31-Mar-2004, 09:54 AM
Quote Post

a ragamuffin of Eireann
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

female

Well, Thank you very kindly! S.Blues, let me know what you think of Delirious?'s new tracks. Catch you later, dear. wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 01-Apr-2004, 01:07 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Roisin! I am very familiar with Delirious too! I really like them a lot. I also love Jars of Clay.

Love your new avatar, Roisin. thumbs_up.gif I went back to my pre-raphaelite painting as I missed her since she is one of my very favorite PR paintings.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]