MattPayton 
Posted: 10-Jun-2012, 07:52 AM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacReed

Realm: Knoxville, TN

male

I love Celtic music! I have all the cd's of the High Kings, Celtic Woman, Celtic Thunder, Enya, and the Wolfe Tones now. But I also really love Country music, particularly George Jones, Conway Twitty, Alan Jackson, and Brad Paisley. I also love pretty much all the Classical music as well as Big Band music. And I love Hill Song and Casting Crowns. The only rap/hip hop I listen to is Christian: Lecrae, Trip Lee, Tedashii, FLAME, PRo, Andy Mineo, KB, etc. I guess what I'm trying to say is I love Celtic music so much, but I also love many other kinds of music.
PMEmail Poster               
heartsong 
Posted: 11-Jun-2012, 10:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Chattanooga, TN

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #68
50,832 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

I also love Celtic music and I like Country. Classical Crossover is near the top of my favorite list of genres, but that is probably because it covers a wide variety, sort of like Celtic music.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
MattPayton 
Posted: 12-Jun-2012, 08:52 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacReed

male

Who are some of your favorite musicians/bands?
PMEmail Poster               
heartsong 
Posted: 13-Jun-2012, 10:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #68
50,832 Gold!

For Celtic music my favorites are Celtic Thunder, Gaelic Storm, Runrig and Charlie Zahm.

In Classical Crossover my favorites are Samantha Link (Welsh), Michael Castaldo (Italian), Tiffany Desrosiers (Canadian), Toni Gibson (New Zealand), Il Divo and Josh Groban. I think that about covers the entire world. laugh.gif
MattPayton 
Posted: 13-Jun-2012, 11:08 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacReed

male

I haven't heard of any of the Classical Crossover people, but I'll definitely have to check them out! I'll also have to check out Gaelic Storm and Runrig! I have 3 of Celtic Thunder's cd's, but I only have Americana by Charlie Zahm. Haha.
PMEmail Poster               
Vixie 
Posted: 14-Jun-2012, 06:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacRowan

Realm: SW Mountain Desert

female

Hey, Matt, you and I have a lot of the same tastes smile.gif LeCrae is one of my fav's. You're just a couple years older than my middle daughter and she loves the fact that the old lady is so cool with her music. In fact, she yells at me to turn Disciple down, cuz, really, you have to listen to them cranked, right?!

If you look at my Facebook music tastes, you'll see it runs the gamut--from Christian rap/hard rock to country. I love EVERYTHING (except most opera...just can't get into it, although I do have an appreciation for the talent involved). But my two overwhelming loves are Celtic and country smile.gif

--------------------
Slàinte mhòr agus a h-uile beannachd duibh!
(Good health and every good blessing to you! -- Scots blessing)

Victoria Dunn, author writing under the pseudonym Ria MacAlister
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 14-Jun-2012, 06:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

My music tastes vary widely: celtic to classical, rock to some country.
Celtic favorites include Old Blind Dogs, Andy M. Stewart, Cheiftains and of course, Loreena Mckennitt. For country, I restrict myself to Johnny Cash and bluegrass.
An artist I am really starting to like is British singer/songwriter Kate Rusby.
PMEmail Poster               
heartsong 
Posted: 15-Jun-2012, 12:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #68
50,832 Gold!

QUOTE (MattPayton @ 14-Jun-2012, 01:08 AM)
I haven't heard of any of the Classical Crossover people, but I'll definitely have to check them out!  I'll also have to check out Gaelic Storm and Runrig!  I have 3 of Celtic Thunder's cd's, but I only have Americana by Charlie Zahm.  Haha.

Classical Crossover is a growing genre in the US, most people are labelled as Classical or Opera, though they tend to have a style that leans toward pop. A great place to find out about these artists is at http://www.classical-crossover.co.uk/

I only have 1 Charlie Zahm album "Highlands, Islands and Home," which I wrote up a review for CR. I feel in love immediately.
MattPayton 
Posted: 16-Jun-2012, 12:33 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacReed

male

That's cool! Haha, yeah I know what you mean! Yeah I can't really get into opera either.

I'll definitely have to check those people out! And Kate Rusby too!

I'll definitely have to check that website out!
PMEmail Poster               
tjbren 
Posted: 10-Aug-2012, 10:07 AM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Minnesota, USA

male

I love Celtic music; however, (ironically) country music is just not something I can tolerate. My ears pick up a difference.

My taste varies widely as well. I have a great many non-English songs. I seem to have collected mostly Spanish and Italian, but I also have a lot of Greek, French, and even Gaelic.

The musicality of a language is what draws me. Not understanding what is being said is also a draw - I can focus on the sound, rather than the message of the words.

My iPod is crammed with instrumental music too. New Age, Classical, soundtracks, easy listening, all that sort of stuff.
PMEmail Poster               
Addy 
Posted: 07-Oct-2012, 04:55 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacElder

female

I like Celtic music. Celtic Thunder is my absolute favourite! I also enjoy classical crossover, mostly because I love a well trained voice.
I'm not a huge lover of country but I've gotten used to it because my co-workers love country music.

--------------------
Music is a powerful languageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster               
heartsong 
Posted: 08-Oct-2012, 10:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #68
50,832 Gold!

QUOTE (tjbren @ 10-Aug-2012, 12:07 PM)
I love Celtic music; however, (ironically) country music is just not something I can tolerate. My ears pick up a difference.

My taste varies widely as well. I have a great many non-English songs. I seem to have collected mostly Spanish and Italian, but I also have a lot of Greek, French, and even Gaelic.

The musicality of a language is what draws me. Not understanding what is being said is also a draw - I can focus on the sound, rather than the message of the words.

My iPod is crammed with instrumental music too. New Age, Classical, soundtracks, easy listening, all that sort of stuff.

Have you heard of the Greek Tenor, Mario Frangoulis? I'll be seeing him in concert next week in St. Louis. He's doing a special performance with the St. Louis Philharmonic.
Morrigna 
Posted: 26-Nov-2012, 10:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: United States

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #106
48,250 Gold!

Not the only one at all, I listen to Country, Celtic, Rock, New Age, and Folk music.

--------------------
"In fear I hurried this way and that. I had the taste of blood and chocolate in my mouth, the one as hateful as the other."Hermann Hesse, Steppenwolf

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View my Google plus Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]