Posted: 30-Nov-2007, 09:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

Hi Lil,

Thanks for the info on NetFlix - I have a friend who has been working all sorts of crazy hours and doesn't get to go out to movies much - most of her free time is late at night. She is thinking of signing up to a movies-by-mail service, but doesn't know of anyone who has it, so I'll be passing your comments to her! Overall, it sounds like the service works well and you certainly sound happy with it!

My mom and dad lived in Spring Hill for many years until mom died - dad lives in Brooksville now, but he has also been thinking about getting something like NetFlix, since he's in his 80's and doesn't go out that much. The service sounds simple enough - go online and pick the movies you want, they're mailed to you, you watch them, then you mail them back. Pretty easy!

I agree with your point of view, too - movies are a time to live somewhere else - to escape realism and "enjoy the ride"!

Have a great day!

--------------------
Best cheers! Robbie
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 30-Nov-2007, 12:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Georgia

female

Well, it must be the Christmas season - my kids found my White Christmas DVD last night and just had to play it. I remember looking forward to watching it every year when I was growing up. Such nostalgia!

Last week, my SO introduced me to Dead Poets Society. Wonderful movie - we are big literature-type geeks, so it was very cool for us. I didn't realize that one of the main actors in it was Robert Sean Leonard from House. He was such a baby. hehe

Okay, back to work now!

--------------------
Check out my new blog at www.dilettantesdilemma.blogspot.com
Patti, The Celtic Pretentious Wombat

Feel the Teal! The year is 1599, and a new musical sensation is sweeping the youth of England! Dude! Life is Good! Visit The Lost Boys Online
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
Lil 
Posted: 30-Nov-2007, 09:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Spring Hill, Florida, USA

female

QUOTE (Muircheartach @ 30-Nov-2007, 10:04 AM)
Hi Lil,

Thanks for the info on NetFlix - I have a friend who has been working all sorts of crazy hours and doesn't get to go out to movies much - most of her free time is late at night. She is thinking of signing up to a movies-by-mail service, but doesn't know of anyone who has it, so I'll be passing your comments to her! Overall, it sounds like the service works well and you certainly sound happy with it!

My mom and dad lived in Spring Hill for many years until mom died - dad lives in Brooksville now, but he has also been thinking about getting something like NetFlix, since he's in his 80's and doesn't go out that much. The service sounds simple enough - go online and pick the movies you want, they're mailed to you, you watch them, then you mail them back. Pretty easy!

I agree with your point of view, too - movies are a time to live somewhere else - to escape realism and "enjoy the ride"!

Have a great day!

You're very welcome. It's quick to pick movies and they'll even give recommendations based on what you've rented and rated.
We have the $14.99 a month type. It's what they recommend and it works well for us. It's easy to sign up and quick to start. Depending (I think) on the time of day you sign up, your first movies will come 1-2 days and after that, when you send them back you get your next movies a day after they receive them. Shipping is very quick, I sent them back in the 4 pm mail run and by 10 am the next day, they sent an email to let me know they got them and that my next movies would arrive the next day, which they did do. Sent some more back today, but won't get new ones till monday.

I love Spring Hill most of the time, it's getting a lil too big for my taste though. We lived in Bksville a few years ago, as well.

Lil
PMEmail Poster               
Muircheartach 
Posted: 30-Nov-2007, 10:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

male

Thanks Lil!

I really appreciate you giving me the extra info - my friend will definitely like it too! I can't believe that you get all that for under $15 per month - that's a fantastic deal!

I know what you mean about Spring Hill - my folks bought in the early '80's and it was still pretty open - the last time my wife and I visited dad it looked a little like where we live - that's a whole lot more built-up.

Have a great weekend!
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 01-Dec-2007, 12:41 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Mr. Brooks with Kevin Costner and Demi Moore. Was a good suspense wouldn't reccommend it for children. I thought it was great. I would watch it again.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 01-Dec-2007, 02:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

I was on a Star Trek binge recently. My SO bought several of the DVDs and I saw First Contact, Insurrection, and Generations. Being a fan of the original series, the one I grew up with, I would never "lower myself" to watching any of the follow-up series. (yeah, I'm such a snob). But I've found that I really enjoy Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, and Brent Spiner. :-)
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 01-Dec-2007, 11:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

I watched Who's your Cady tonight. Yeah its kind of caddyshack redo with rappers but it is definatly worth seeing. the kilt part was funny as you know. Its one of those 100 reasons posted over at utilitkilts. And I know the ladies will enjoy the mens bathroom scene. Laughed my arse off a couple times. Can't wait for my brother, the golf pro, to watch it and see what his reaction is.
NFK-not for kids

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Haggishead 
Posted: 02-Dec-2007, 05:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Roaming the Highlands of my mind

male

"The Bishop's Wife" starring Cary Grant and David Niven.

--------------------
"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thaining thu"
Remember the men from whom you are descended.
PMEmail Poster               
braveharp 
Posted: 07-Dec-2007, 06:00 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

Realm: ARkansas

male

The Wind that Shakes the Barley - It's available on NetFlix now so we can all see it !

Very good film It really gives you a feel of what went on in Ireland leading up to the
revolution.
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Haggishead 
Posted: 08-Dec-2007, 01:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Roaming the Highlands of my mind

male

I love old cult type films so in keeping with the season, I found a copy of "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians" made in '64. Definately some Cold War references.
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 08-Dec-2007, 03:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

We're supposed to go see The Golden Compass tomorrow. I'll let y'all know my take on it. I've read the books and I have a real problem with movies straying too far from the original material so I may have issues. We shall see...

In the meantime, I noticed that Best Buy had Darby O'Gill and the Little People and contemplated buying a copy. I do remember it coming on Disney when I was little and I was freaked out by the banshees. I haven't seen it as an adult so I'm curious how it will seem to me now.
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 16-Dec-2007, 06:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

I've seen Darby O'Gill pop up at Wally world every now and then in the $10 racks. I have the grandaughter for the weekend so for the last three days it's been kiddie movies for me. We watched "Surfs Up" which was okay. I found the Redwall series at our local video store in the free rental racks. Is a cartoon series based on Brian Jacques books and its stays pretty close to the series and its very enjoyable for all ages if you are a fan of the series. The first book actually takes two DVDs. Also snuck in Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix while she was asleep. I was bummed that the $20.00 version has no extras at all on it. They seem to be doing that alot with the new relaseses. Still worth it to some of the funnier stuff especially seeing Natalia Tena play Tonks. She did a great job with the character considering what little screen time she had. But the two version thing is annoying. They also did that with the new Pirates of the Carribean too. Just another way to get you to spend more money. Ah, well baby Rowen is napping again so I don't have to put in veggie tales for a little bit now.
PMEmail Poster               
pretentiouswombat 
Posted: 17-Dec-2007, 02:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

Veggie Tales!!! I love the Pirates Who Don't Do Anything!

This weekend I bought Pirates 3 for the kids for Christmas. It was a toss-up between that and the Harry Potter but I figured my sweetie would be buying Harry so I decided to opt for Johnny Depp.

I absolutely love the Brian Jacques books. We have every one of them and my oldest two daughters have nearly come to blows on who owns which books. My mom used to buy them for the oldest daughter and then switched to the second one when the first went off to college. I'm having to buy my own set so the younger kids can read them. Not to mention that I want them for me. They are awesome.

This morning, we watched Sense and Sensibility with Emma Thompson and Alan Rickman. Interestingly, my 13-year-old caught the fact that the actress who played Delores Umbridge in the last HP movie is also in this one. I'm usually very good with faces, so I can't believe I missed that. I love the part when Hugh Laurie is asked to go get a doctor - I just keep seeing him saying that he IS a doctor and telling everyone to leave him alone, or some such. Also, in this movie is the guy who plays Hugo on Vicar of Dibley.

Tomorrow - Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth. Yes, we're on a Jane Austen kick.

John Clements 
Posted: 23-Dec-2007, 01:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

The Kite Runner is special.

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
Muircheartach 
  Posted: 24-Dec-2007, 12:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

male

Hi all,

My wife and I saw National Treasure Book of Secrets yesterday and it was good. Perhaps not as good as I thought the original was, but I think it must be difficult to make a sequel better than the original movie. At least none come to mind...

There were lots of beautiful scenes, but the only thing that I could pick on was the fact that a few of the plots seemed a little rushed - I would have liked them to develop the scene a little more in Buckingham Palace, for instance.

Anyway, if you've seen the first National Treasure, you'll probably like this one, too.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]