Title:

Group:
Wales

Zodiac:
Reed

Birthday: 19-Nov-1914
Total Posts: 2216
Realm: No Information

Writing, painting, reading, STEELER FOOTBALL!!!!! my kids and all their various activities, my dogs and cat, knitting, quilting, cooking when I have the time and always, contemplating the meaning of the universe

Use one of the links below to send me a personal message!

Listen to the best in Celtic Music @ 128kps on Highlander Radio!
Listen to soft streaming Celtic music from Highlander Radio!
A rowdy mix of hard rocking Celtic music from the Pubs of America, Canada, Ireland and Scotland.
Listen to Celtic Dance - Put on your Ghillies and clear the floor, it is now time for Jigs & Feels!

Journal Entries
Pages: (2) [1] 2 

Add Entry   

Under Pressure
Posted by Elspeth on Apr 23rd, 2007 7:06 AM
Now that I know my mother checks this every day I'm under pressure to deliver....

I could make a list off the things I should do today. That would be oh so fascinating...

I could stare out the window until something brilliant came to me. Hmmm... Nope, nothing.

Think I'll just call it a day here and go back to compiling my list of dvd's using Excel. Up to 176.

Comments: 0 View/Add Comments

Satan is on a Rampage
Posted by Elspeth on Apr 18th, 2007 7:26 AM
My heart is so full. Full of sorrow. Full of fear for what is happening to our world.

Most days when I drop my kids off school, I tell them I love them, knowing it could be the last words I ever say to them. Just Monday, as I looked at my daughter's sweet face, I knew the danger she would not survive her school day was real.

What is wrong with these people?

This all makes the Kent State shootings look like child's play.

Satan is on a rampage.

Procrastination
Posted by Elspeth on Apr 15th, 2007 1:16 AM
Procrastination.....

How many odes could be written to that word?

Why do we do it? Why did we not manage to get 5 minutes together to go over our taxes until the last possible moment? It wasn't as if we had to pay. It was money in the bank we were keeping ourselves from.

So why? What is the fascination of procrastination? Sounds like the basis for a 1940's musical rumba. Or would that be samba?

note.gif The fascination of procrastination. note.gif

It is a fascination. Is it pushing the envelope? Seeing just how much we can get away with? Like pushing the snooze button and seeing if we really can get up and to work in 5 minutes?

I've heard the philosophy that southerners tend to procrastinate because they have no winter to prepare for. Is it human nature to procrastinate? Is the opposite a learned response? Or does it depend upon the individual?

Whatever the impetus, I like to procrastinate. Except when I don't. And like is the wrong word. Procrastination is stressful. So, again I question, why do we do it? Laziness? A daredevil spirit? Rebellion? Thumbing our noses at the rules of this world?

Whatever it is, the appeal to ‘think about it tomorrow’ is so persuasive I doubt it will ever be eradicated.

Not Christian Enough?
Posted by Elspeth on Apr 11th, 2007 5:35 PM
Somewhere or to someone one I wrote I would write in this journal every day. Didn't know the days were so long, did you?

The problem with writing is it is too easy to fall into the trap of thinking only the great and the glorious should be set down.

So, what happens is nothing happens...

In fairness to myself. rolleyes.gif I have been writing, or well sort of. I've been revamping my first book. Originally the first section to submit as an on-line romance. However, the site I planned on sending it to appears to be defunct. So, I decided to go with plan B. Revamp the entire book and see if I can sell it to a Romance publisher. My biggest problem is, I appear to fall in-between categories. What I have is a 'sweet' romance. Too sweet for current mainstream, but not 'Christian' enough for Christian romance publishers. Apparently only stories of saints are sold to Christian bookstores. There is to be no explicitness, no swearing, no drinking, no smoking, no gambling (even raffles) and no dancing. Goes back to the days of my Brethren ancestors. And the romantic couple must be a member of a church family by the end.

JEEZE! Under those guidelines, most of the BIBLE would never have been written. Just think of the story of King David. cool.gif

So, I have to find a place that is willing to look at my 'sweet' but not sterile, saccharine romance.

Unzipping Your Skin
Posted by Elspeth on Mar 25th, 2007 8:42 PM
Ever feel the desire, the need to be out of your skin? And why does that feeling come so often on Sunday nights?

I sat on the porch in the coolness of a soft spring evening and I visioned unzipping my earthly body to set my soul free. Stepping out daintly upon the new grass for a moment's dance before soaring amidst the black twigs of last year's trees, searching for red cased buds of green. Dancing upon the rooftops, soaring amidst the clouds, air cool and soft. Being totally unemcumbered by my human condition.

Clickable Smilies
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 

Please Add your Entry

Title:

My Signature:

Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP

Number of times Journal has been viewed:

Homepage Journal is a service of CelticRadio.net!