maggiemahone1 
Posted: 04-Nov-2005, 12:24 AM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Hello to all...I hope your week has been good for ya.' It's almost 1:00 am and here I am looking thru all the post I've missed this week. Anyone have trouble sleeping at night? You go to bed, doze off to sleep and then wake up and toss and turn, so you decide to get up. Makes for a rough next day to get thru.

Mike, one of my sons-in-law is a White Sox fan. My grandson who is 3 has several item of clothing that he wears with WHITE SOX printed on them. He looks really cute with his ball cap and jacket he has.

Our weather has been really nice this week and the week-end is supposed to be nicer. Temps are supposed to be in the 70's. We still have loads of leaves still on the trees this year. In some areas the leaves are rich in color and then some places it seemed as tho they just turned an ugly shade of brown.

My Mother had a complete shoulder replacement on October 24th. She has done really well to be 74 years old and is in Rehabilitation right now. Her discharge date is Nov. 9th, so now my brother and I have to talk her into coming to one of our homes to recuperate until she can take care of herself. She is ready to go back to her own home, which the dr say's "NO", she's not able to take care of herself. She isn't supposed to move her shoulder for 8 weeks. I just hope she cooperates without putting up to much of a fuss! biggrin.gif I love my Mother dearly but sometimes she can be a little difficult. (maybe an age factor!) biggrin.gif

I'm gonna' browse around a little more in here. Maybe I'll be sleepy by the time I get finished in here! sleep1.gif

maggiemahone1

sleep1.gif sleepy.gif sleepy.gif sleep1.gif
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 04-Nov-2005, 12:32 AM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Oh no, maggie! Surely that doesn't mean that we bore so badly that it puts you to sleep! sad.gif wink.gif

Glad to hear that your mom is doing well. Of course I'm not quite as thrilled with the weather as you are! I'm wanting to see some SNOW! Where is the SNOW????? I want some hot chocolate after spending the afternoon playing in the SNOW with my daughter! biggrin.gif Maybe we'll get some soon...

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 04-Nov-2005, 02:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (j Padraig moore @ 25-Oct-2005, 11:01 AM)
Rindy - the funny thing is, she called her sister (my old girlfriend) and she remembered me! After something like 32 years!!
(wait a minute, how does she remember me? In a good way or bad way?? sad.gif )

Yeah, that's the problem sometimes about these old romances - we're not remembered in a fond way! laugh.gif Isn't it shocking to realize you had anything, romance included, 32 years ago... I still think of myself as being early 30's tops, but its been 30 years since I graduated from high school. And NO I'm not going to any danged reunions!! The 20th was so much fun and I got to see everyone then that I really cared about, I'm not going to any more...

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 04-Nov-2005, 03:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Dreamer1 @ 29-Oct-2005, 10:06 PM)
Can't wait to hear from SB and CR either....oh the tales we're going to hear!

Doggone - there was so much to do when I got back from Arizona that I haven't had a chance to post here til this afternoon! We've had some potential buyers come to see our house so many mornings have been spent tidying up the place... no serious buyers so far, but who knows the next one might be the right one.

Let me tell you all, I had such a marvelous time in Arizona!!! It was so sweet to visit my buddy again, and even after 7 years of not actually seeing each other we still struck right up again with our in-person friendship and chatted like we'd last seen each other last week! CelticRose and her dear hubby Fred set up a fabulous week for me, and I saw the best of the whole state: from Phoenix and Tucson in the south, to Sedona and Flagstaff and jawdrop.gif the Grand Canyon (dawg but that thing is awesome!!)

What I didn't realize is, CelticRose is a shopaholic, y'all, and so she forced me to go in allllllll these wonderful shops and then she kept saying "Ooooh look at that!!" until I bought all this beautiful silver & turquoise jewelry, all this great pottery and a denim jacket with a enbroidered Southwestern horse on the back, and even this scrumptious chocolate candy from See's in Scottsdale...

wink.gif Well okay, so she didn't make me buy all those things - it was irresistable!!! I sure appreciate all the thought and effort she and Fred put into making my week so special.
PM               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 04-Nov-2005, 04:22 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

female

I feel so sorry for you SB, having to do all that shopping for all that pretty silver and turquoise jewlery. Must have been a real bore for you! biggrin.gif sounds like you and Rosie had a great time.

Hello to all of you good folks here. Today has been a beautiful day, lots of sunshine and warm temps. Hubby and I went shopping for a new vehicle today and ended up buying a Dodge truck. We traded our Chevy Sonoma which had about 98,000 miles on it for a Dodge Ram. It wasn't shifting just right so hubby thought it was time to trade. You know any ol' excuse! biggrin.gif
My Mom was released from Rehab today. I was really surporised that she was released so soon. One of her therapist told the family today she was doing great. Right now she is at home, would not go to my brother's or my house to stay! I live next door to her, so I'll be checking in on her often as I can to make sure she is ok. I'm worried about her falling and no one there to help her! What do you do when your parent won't see reason and insist on staying at home? My siblings and I work so we can't stay with her! Makes me want to scream. I'll just head bang instead! wallbash.gif

Everyone take care,
maggiemahone1

maggiemahone1 
Posted: 04-Nov-2005, 04:26 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (WizardofOwls @ 04-Nov-2005, 01:32 AM)
Oh no, maggie! Surely that doesn't mean that we bore so badly that it puts you to sleep! sad.gif wink.gif

Glad to hear that your mom is doing well. Of course I'm not quite as thrilled with the weather as you are! I'm wanting to see some SNOW! Where is the SNOW????? I want some hot chocolate after spending the afternoon playing in the SNOW with my daughter! biggrin.gif Maybe we'll get some soon...

Allen I can assure you this place is never boring. There's always something going on! band.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif note.gif note.gif

Be patient....The Snow Will Come!

maggiemahone1
Rindy 
Posted: 04-Nov-2005, 10:57 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Good evening to you all. Hope you had a wonderful day. Mine was pretty good. Time always goes to quickly specially when I spend it on Celtic Radio.

Maggie,
I am so glad your mom is doing so well. Sounds like my Father. He is 85 and still living on his own. He is stubborn. I have been through many surgerys with him and its hard to make them mind..but ya just have too. You get some rest. Have a great evening.

Wizard,
It's good to see you. We are suppose to get some snow tonight.. I will try and send some your way. My bones don't like it they ache right before the storm then once it snows it goes away. Strange huh?
It's hot chocolate time.. Have you found any special flavors? I have decided I like the Stephen's Dark Sipping chocolate..

SB,
I am so glad you and CR had such a good time. I think its great you got to see that much of Arizona. I have never been to the grand canyon. Someday.
I heard about the shopping- you two are so lucky. Seven years is a long time. I can't wait for pictures. Take care and have a good evening. oh good luck on selling the house.. that would make me a nervous wreck..everyday..

Its getting late got a bit more catching up to do see you all tomorrow..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Senara 
Posted: 05-Nov-2005, 09:10 AM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

UGH! Working for a living sucks! Anyone at CR wanna hire me to do nothing but listen to CR for 8-15 hrs a day?

Anywhoo, it's another Saturday morning in the office trying to get stuff done. I really don't wanna be here but stuff has to get done and I'm the only one that will do anything so guess it's my own fault I'm here.

I've only been floating around here a few days so please forgive me if I don't read all the posts in all the forums because it would just take way too much time and I do need to sleep sometime right?

hrmmmm...I had best go but just wanted to drop in and let you all know that you rock. First thing when I do when I get home is cracking open that bottle of Meade I've got in the cabinet and see how long it takes to forget all the garbage I've been through at work this week.

Look forward to talking to all of you at another time...until then I'll try to find the top of my desk again.

cheers.gif

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chòir dòrn a thoirt an aghaidh pòig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is ceòl.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 05-Nov-2005, 08:39 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

female

Thanks Rindy for your well wishes on behalf of my Mom! Does stubborness go along with old age or what! biggrin.gif

Oh what a day today was, in the 70's with lots and lots of sunshine. Some of my roses still have alot of green leaves still. I guess this might be an Indian summer. cool.gif I hope it continues until next summer. Sorry Allen, I hope you gets lots of snow and cold! biggrin.gif

Two of my daughters and my 2 gdaughters came to visit today. We always have a good time and there's lots of noise to go along with it! biggrin.gif

Sorry Senara that you have to work on Sat. I use to work a Sat. ever now and then. Now I just work Mon-Thur, 12 hour shifts and I get a 3 day week-end! I luv it! I do have to work a lot of holidays and I don't like that at all. You gotta do what ya' gotta do!

See you'ns later!
maggiemahone1

gwenlee 
Posted: 05-Nov-2005, 09:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hello everyone. It has been a few day since I posted, but I've been on everyday. I have to keep up with everyone.

Maggie I hope your mom has a speedy recovery.

SB I 'm glad you had a good time in AZ with CR. Lucky you. I missed seeing both of you post. I still can't find the camera from the games but I have a good lead on where it is at. So as soon as I get it I'll you a copy of the pictures.

I went to a dance social today and then Clan Donnachaidh had a birthday party for a member at the Harp Pub in Roswell. We had fun. It was nice to see everyone outside of the games. And as always I enjoy seeing the men of our Clan sport their kilts. Of course we ladies didn't want to be out done so we wore our kilts too.

I don't know if I've said it before, But if any of you have an opportunity to join a Scottish Society or Scottish County Dance try it and be involved. Okay I know this may not be the place to say it. But I and my family really enjoy our two organizations. And my kids are much more aware of their heritage. OK enough said. But after having such a good time today, I just don't understand why people aren't more involved.

Senara--Forget about being paid to listen to CR. I would be happy if they would let us tap in a listen to CR while I worked. That would be so very nice.

Well I won't bore you anymore. RINDY girl how are ya? Take care and God bless. I always look forward to reading your post.

TTFN
Gwenlee
Rindy 
Posted: 05-Nov-2005, 10:07 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everyone..Hope your day went well. Mine did- I did manage to get my dinning room and kitchen ready to paint-then this afternoon I thought to heck with it and drove to another small town to shop. Picked up a couple Christmas gifts and a totally tribal CD.. Live Powwow-
I was in shock- one lady said she made sure she had all of her Christmas shopping done by October 1st.. I am thinking oh my either she is really organized or I am just really slow. Can I ask is anyone else done by this time or am I abnormal- ha well don't answer that one. Anyhow "Ho ho ho" laugh.gif

Senara, so sorry you have to work Saturdays- Where I used to work I had to do that and lots of Holidays hang in there.. I am having trouble finding my desk right now-- I love your screen name. It's really beautiful.

Maggie, sounds like your doing really well. As far as older people go- hum is this what they mean by "crotchety?" laugh.gif I am glad your weather is so warm right now. What color roses do you have? I am so happy you. I think it is great your daughters & grandaughters came to visit wow-how nice..have great evening..

gwenlee, ok first thing- you are not in anyway boring! Stop that... I am doing just well as you can tell from the amount of my posting.. ...sounds like your birthday party was fun.. I think the heritage is slowly drifting away from all types of nationalities it's so sad.. I know that the Native American languages out here are starting to fade out.. Let us know how you do with these new adventures..

Everyone have a wonderful night.

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 06-Nov-2005, 11:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Rindy; You are right about heritage slowly drifting away. And it is so very sad. I come from a Native American/Scot/Irish back ground and I have so many missing gaps that I'm tyring to fill. All because when I was younger I never asked. I just never thought about no one being around who could answer question when I became interested. So now it is very hard to find people who know something about the family. My sister is married to a Native American and he has very little interest in his culture. This is so very very sad.

My mom and daughter are doing well in their new pad. My daughter told her professors about how much her grandmother does for her, she cooks cleans and does laundry and they asked my daughter if they could rent her grandmother. Sarah told them no.

Chey learning to play a song now it is called Scotwhahae. She said it a song about war. I don't know, but it is her first tune. I am getting together the money to purchase her pipes. OUCH!! Her dad calls her lesson session Screaming Banshee night. Ah the sound of bagpipes!!

We had a bite on the house that is for sale--wish us luck.

Well I have to go I have to get ready for this next week at work.

TTFN
GWENLEE
MDF3530 
  Posted: 06-Nov-2005, 03:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hello all!!!

Another Sunday, another day doing laundry at my parents' house.

SB, glad to hear you and Rose had a great time together.

Maggie, I hope your mom heals well from the surgery. If you can, post a pic of your grandson in his White Sox gear.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
MDF3530 
  Posted: 06-Nov-2005, 03:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

I would like to tell you all I finally bought the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy on DVD. I just bought the regular edition. I don't need the 47-disc special edition.
Rindy 
Posted: 06-Nov-2005, 07:06 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi everyone..

I am checking in a little early tonight.. My weekend went so fast..

Gwenlee, how are you? That is so funny about renting her grandma.. I am glad Cheyenne is still serious about the pipes..it will all be so worth it.
Good luck on selling your house.. May be this is the one??? You have a great evening...let us know if it sells..

It has sure been a long time since Celtic Rose posted in here..hmmmm

Just kidding CR- I am sure you are just really busy with things..
Mike glad you finally got LOTR---have a good night...

Have a nice night...

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]