Shamalama 
Posted: 14-Apr-2005, 10:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

Item 1, coming from Cafe Press: http://prodtn.cafepress.com/2/20593992_F_tn.jpg (if it doesn't appear it's a t-shirt with "Dear Tom Delay Please Drop Dead")

Item 2, again coming from Cafe Press: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/get_latest_pro...o=10411556&pr=F
(if it doesn't appear it's a t-shirt with "For God's Sake Kill Bush Save The United States And The Rest Of The World")

Item 3, again coming from Cafe Press: http://michellemalkin.com/archives/killbush.jpg
(if it doesn't appear it's a button with Bush holding a gun to his head)

Please note that once Cafe Press was notified about the above they promptly removed them.

Item 4, an exhibit at Columbia College of Art in Chicago: http://www.suntimes.com/includes/pics/12axis.jpg

Does anyone remember the October 2004 article by columnist Charlie Brooker in the British newspaper "Guardian"?

On November 2, the entire civilised world will be praying, praying Bush loses. And Sod's law dictates he'll probably win, thereby disproving the existence of God once and for all. The world will endure four more years of idiocy, arrogance and unwarranted bloodshed, with no benevolent deity to watch over and save us. John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, John Hinckley Jr. - where are you now that we need you?

By the way, earlier in the article Mr. Brooker advised his readers that Bush should be "tarred, feathered and kicked in the nuts."

Last October two people at an Ann Coulter speech charged the stage and threw two pies at her from a few yards away.

On March 29 of this year someone in the audience of a speech by William Kristol at Earlham College threw a pie at him.

On March 31 of this year salad dressing was thrown at Pat Buchanan during a political debate at Western Michigan University.

On April 6, liberals engaged David Horowitz on his ideas at Butler University by throwing a pie at him.

Liberals enjoy claiming that they are intellectuals, thrilled to engage in a battle of wits. This, they believe, distinguishes them from conservatives, who are religious fanatics who react with impotent rage to opposing ideas.

And yet we're seeing more and more reactions of impotent rage to opposing ideas coming from the very liberals that think so much of themselves. Had any pictures of a gun pointing to Clinton's head appeared during the 1990's the media would be falling over themselves in pointing out "the enemy". But today nothing is said.

I understand that in seeing the red-state-blue-state map that today's liberals feel themselves threatened, but those emotions are beginning to express themselves in action. Some nutcase is going to break, and a thrown pie is going to become a fired bullet. And when it happens the liberals are going to distance themselves from it, even though the build-up can easily be seen.

"Oh, but it's all in good fun," the liberals will shrug. "Where's your sense of humor?"

Welcome to the sick world of the pro-violence, pro-assassination Left.

--------------------

Clan Mac Cullaich:
- Brewed in Scotland
- Bottled in Ulster
- Uncorked in America

Common Folk Using Common Sense
PMEmail Poster               
bubba 
Posted: 14-Apr-2005, 11:03 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Northeast Wisconsin

male

Kinda like some Republicans giving a backhanded approval for violence against judges. Piekill has been around a long time. Even Bill Gates got pied but he isn't so pompous and self riteous that he couldn't laugh about it.

--------------------
[SIZE=7]Curtesie is cumbersom to them that kens it not.
PMEmail Poster               
Shamalama 
Posted: 15-Apr-2005, 10:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

I'll just sit back in my easy chair, all pompous and self-righteous and laughing, while you try to think of three semi-recent events where liberal commentators got pied in the middle of their speech. Or where a major international news agency carried a plea for a liberal US President to be killed? Or seeing pretty t-shirts with a liberal President holding a gun to his head? Or a sweatshirt requesting a liberal Senator to drop dead?

You can't do it, can you?

Oh, I've got just as good a sense of humor as the next guy. I also have enough common sense to recognize a rabid dog when I see one.

PMEmail Poster               
bubba 
Posted: 16-Apr-2005, 08:47 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHawthorn

male

Shama, what I'm getting at here is the lack of civility is on BOTH sides. There's also a major lack of thought concerning policies in the govt in general. When something like the latest transportation bill gets passed with more pork than substance even I want to have a go at Congress with an axe. The worst part is they do stuff like that and the public doesn't lynch every last one of them.
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 19-Apr-2005, 06:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Shama,
You made an interesting point by stating that the liberals have an "impotent rage". This impotent rage comes out when one group cannot answer their opponent in a civil manner. Blue staters are down now. And will be for a while I think.
My view has always been that liberals tend to see conspiracies everywhere plus see themselves as intellectually superior and that conservatives are pompous and self-righteous.
Bubba is also correct when he states that is a lack if civility on both sides.
PMEmail Poster               
bubba 
Posted: 19-Apr-2005, 09:33 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHawthorn

male

There's so much griping about left wing, right wing, liberal vs conservative. Nobody stops to think it takes 2 wings for a bird to fly, but the head is forward and in the center. Things are way out of balance now and the eagle isn't flying very well.
PMEmail Poster               
dundee 
Posted: 19-Apr-2005, 11:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

i really want to say something but....... i am on a political, hiatus.....
but lemme say this...... well spoken sham and jp moore.....

it seems liberals always blame both sides when they are reproved for their antics....... but they can do what they dam well please.... "DEATH to LIBERALISM!!
starwars.gif

(notice i didnt say death to liberals)

ahhh does this mean i am off my hiatus???? dam oops.gif

--------------------
jim

www.greyaengus.com

"If I say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant it the other way."

often in error, never in doubt.

if guns kill people then my pencil mis-spells words
quote: larry the cable guy

sometimes what ya think ya want
isnt what ya thought ya wanted
till ya get what ya thought ya wanted
and then what ya had is gone....
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
bubba 
Posted: 19-Apr-2005, 06:05 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHawthorn

male

QUOTE (dundee @ 19-Apr-2005, 12:07 PM)
"DEATH to LIBERALISM!!
starwars.gif

Ok, lets repeal all workplace safety regulations, let companies dump whatever they want into the air and water, eliminate all pensions, get rid of building codes, etc. Liberalism created a great deal of those things. Frankly, most Americans have no clue what consevatism and liberalism are beyond the currently bandied buzzwords. Devotion to any political party and ideology should be grounds for commitment to a padded room. It's an excuse not to exercise independent thought. America is indeed in a sorry state and it's the people that are responsible.
PMEmail Poster               
Herrerano 
Posted: 20-Apr-2005, 08:39 AM
Quote Post

Lord of the Isthmus, Keeper of the Holy Barbecue
Group Icon

Group: Galicia
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Republica de Panamá

male

My view has always been that liberals tend to see conspiracies everywhere plus see themselves as intellectually superior

Hey J.P., I think that sums it up pretty well.

--------------------

Consistency. It's only a virtue if you're not a screwup.

Ita erat quando hic adveni.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunatley it kills all its pupils. - Hector Berlioz

"No matter where you go, there you are." - R. Young

¡Visté! ¡Te lo dijé!
PMEmail Poster               
dundee 
Posted: 20-Apr-2005, 09:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

Ok, lets repeal all workplace safety regulations, let companies dump whatever they want into the air and water, eliminate all pensions, get rid of building codes, etc. Liberalism created a great deal of those things.

notworthy.gif lol.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
bubba 
Posted: 20-Apr-2005, 09:43 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHawthorn

male

In my opinion what needs to be done at this point is force Congress to stop pissing money away. The current policies of drunken sailor spending and tax cuts are killing the US economically. US bonds were very strong on the international market but have sunk to the point that other nations are buying more Euros than Dollars and the dollar is dropping. Cutting taxes as has been done has reduced revenue while spending has exploded. Either Congress gets responsible or the economy is going to tank. Ideology has nothing to do with this, it's simply looting. The entire pile of ranting over right vs left, conservative vs liberal, is just a smokescreen that keeps peoples attention off what's really going on. Frankly, I just can't support the current administration because of their fiscal irresponsibility and their disregard of the wounded veterans. Veterans they sent to war in the first place. You do remember that Bush said that these disabled veterans HURT America, don't you? Think before you give these creatures support.
PMEmail Poster               
Shamalama 
Posted: 27-Apr-2005, 11:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

male

Getting back on topic, I found this snippet:

Report: Air America Under Investigation By Secret Service
April 27, 2005
By Ken Tucker

Air America Radio is being investigated by the Secret Service over a skit that aired during Randi Rhodes show on April 25, according to the Drudge Report.

In the skit, which focused on the ongoing debate over Social Security, a character, purportedly from the American Association of Armed Retired People, said , "A spoiled child is telling us our Social Security isn't safe anymore, so he is going to fix it for us.? While not named, it's obvious the ?spoiled child? is President Bush.

?Well, here's your answer,? the character continues, ?you ungrateful whelp.? At this point there is audio of four gunshots.

?Just try it, you little bastard,? the announcer concludes, followed by the sound of a gun being cocked.

http://www.billboardradiomonitor.com/radio...t_id=1000900765

---

Imagine that it's 2009 and the Hildabeast is in the White House. Rush Limbaugh does a skit on his radio show implying the execution of Ms. Clinton. This would be the top story on every news program, and Rush would be out of work by the next morning.

Liberals usually hate guns - unless they're using them against conservatives. Just one more double standard.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]