Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> The Chit Chat Pub, A place to just hang out
Scotsman2k 
Posted: 05-Apr-2007, 09:47 AM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: North Carolina. (Subject to change at Army whim)

male

“Thank you, sisterknight, for the welcome and the drink. Both warm me well.”
“Good even’ and a blessing on all here”.
Leaning a bit from the bench he says with a quieter voice, “And a special greeting to you little sister”, he nods to Celtic cat. “I have been to the place that helps your larger cousins in that semi-mythical land of Texas.”

--------------------
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good folk do nothing.
PMEmail Poster               
marti64 
Posted: 05-Apr-2007, 04:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

Realm: Worcester, Massachusetts

female

Lady Marti sips her drink, and says" Thank you Sister for the warm intro.. she truns to the newcomer and says" It is nice to meet you Sir. Please tell us of your adventures........I hope you can serenade us with more songs...Ssiter and I will try to join in...And she reaches down to aimlessly stroke the Cat.....

--------------------
]AN EXCERPT FROM A POEM THAT I WROTE ON 10/11/07

WE CAN'T CHANGE WHAT WE HAVE DONE....
BUT ONLY TAKE A LESSON FROM EACH EXPERIENCE
AND MAKE THE MOST OF EACH MINUTE THAT WE HAVE LEFT
AND TELL OURELVES THAT IT IS OK TO LIVE, LAUGH AND CRY.....
PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE ALL WORK TOGETHER
TO GIVE US WHAT WE CAN AND SHOULD EXPERIENCE
AND WE NEED TO CHERISH ALL OF THE TIME
THAT WE SPEND WITH OURSELVES AND OTHERS MAKING THE MOST OF THE SPECIAL MEMORIES THAT ARE OURS..
AND THE ONES THAT WE HAVE YET TO CREATE WITH THE PEOPLE THAT WE HAVEN'T MET!!!!![/SIZE]
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Celtic cat 
Posted: 06-Apr-2007, 02:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Florida

female

"Yes good sir, that tis the song. No one wherre I am frrom everr hears it. Thank you fur singing it, and joining us. Please do tell me of yurr travels to that dear place."

Cat graciously excepts the patting and rolls over to lap up more fine drink.

--------------------
*~Extinction is Forever~*

"For Those Who Can't Speak, We Must" -Tiger Creek
http://www.tigercreek.org/

"Man is born free, but is everywhere in chains."
~Jean-Jacques Rousseau

*Cha shoirbh triubhas a chur air cat.
It’s not easy to put trews on a cat.* CR

user posted image
sisterknight 
Posted: 10-Apr-2007, 07:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

sisterknight puts her tin whistle back into her travelling bag "i too love hearing tales, please won't you indulge us, sir?" sisterknight settles herself next to her celt to hear better

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
Scotsman2k 
Posted: 10-Apr-2007, 08:59 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacVine

Realm: North Carolina. (Subject to change at Army whim)

male

“If you care for the tale”, he said softly.” I will oblige.” Taking off his hat, he stared into the fire for some long moments. Was it another world he was seeing in those flames or perhaps just a memory of a time and place as untouchable as the embers themselves.

“It was a dark and stormy night”, he all but whispered. “Which really has nothing to do with the story, I just like how it sounds”. “My lady wife and I lived in the land of Texas for several years. Tis a land of wilds and beauty. A land so awe inspiring it would swell the heart nigh to bursting but a land that could turn deadly faster than it takes to tell it.”

“In the Year of Our Lord 2000, my lady wife heard of a place some days travel from our home.” “A place that offered safety and peace to the large cats that had been abandoned or mistreated by humans who considered themselves “owners” of these majestic beings. We two have affinity with certain creatures. She with cats of any type or size, and myself, the bear”. He chuckles quietly, “my lady claims that I am part bear myself, both in sleeping habits and when angered”.

“We journeyed several hundred miles but it was well worth the trip. We were able to see what was possible when people of like mind and heart gave God’s creatures the respect they deserve. While touring the grounds with a volunteer we were allowed to come up to an enclosure that housed a tiger. As the beautiful beast drew closer my lady and I went down on one knee next to the fence.

Of the 5 people standing there that day, the great cat came directly to face my lady. With their faces only inches apart the tiger “chuffed” her face.” “For those here that do not know the term, chuffing is when an animal snorts and then inhales through their nose to get your scent.” “A few seconds passed as the tiger seemed to consider what it had found. Then, lowering its head, the tiger slowly rubbed the top of its head against the fence. Knowing what was expected, my wife did the same.”

“Nature provides many spiritual moments in life if one will be open to them”, he said with a smile to those gathered round him. “This was a moment that you could feel the connection between one being and another. One, a creature connected to God and creation in a deep personal way and the other, human.”

Then, with a joint creaking stretch, the soft-spoken man straightens and settles his hat on his balding head. Looking at the faces of those around him he says, “That is enough of a tale from this old fellow tonight. Mayhap some evening I will share a story of myself and the bears I have met.” “Before that, why don’t a few of you give us a tale about your own interesting selves.”
PMEmail Poster               
Celtic cat 
Posted: 11-Apr-2007, 07:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

"How I would adore going to that dear place with my endangered cousins. Thank you sir for that intriguing story."

Cat settles back into place and slips into a dream.

p.s. out of character....my signature is from a similar big cat refuge. Click once a day to feed the cats for free!
sisterknight 
Posted: 12-Apr-2007, 07:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

female

"what a wonderful tale, your own lady is very brave" sisterknight adds, as she rumbles around in her travelling sack for an apple"if you'll excuse me i must check on lir,when i return i'll weave a tale or two for you. my celt would you like me to check on fred as well?"
PMEmail Poster               
crazykiltedcelt 
Posted: 17-Apr-2007, 12:23 PM
Quote Post

LOCH MOY
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: utah

male

getting a lupm of suagr from mine pocket ,yes please and tell him we'll leave soon for the coast. Thank you My lady!

--------------------
shout freedom and loose the legs of woe

A man in a kilt is a man & an halve
PMEmail Poster               
sisterknight 
Posted: 18-Apr-2007, 06:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

female

taking the sugar from her celt, sisterknight leaves the lively company and heads to the warmth and company of her lir and the celt's fred....the smell of horses and hay feels a bit like going home....sisterknight knows that she'll be leaving soon on another tour of her lands, with a deep sigh she starts to curry her large war horse.
PMEmail Poster               
Celtic cat 
Posted: 15-May-2007, 10:19 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

Cat wakes from her dream, climbs lazily to the nearest bar stool and searches for a pen. Hamm, watching Cat's futile search, comes over to chat with her. "Need some help Cat?"
"Yes Hamm, if you could please wrrite something furr me."
"Of Course"
Cat dictates a letter to Hamm, "Dear pub friends, I will be gone fur a while. The wedding and honeymoon arre apprroaching. When I rreturn, you may not rrecognize me."
"Is that all Miss Cat?" "Yes Hamm, please leave the note for our friends to see, and thank you"

Cat glances at the ring around her collar, takes one last look around the somewhat empty pub and prances off out the door.
marti64 
Posted: 17-May-2007, 06:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

female

Lady Marti ambles over to the bar to ask Hamm for a refill, and spots a note on the bar. Reading the note, she ponders" I hope Cat has a wonderful journey...." and she remembers her long ago bliss that came when she was joined with her lover.....The lady begins to cry...as she remembers the good times that she had.
"Hamm, can I please have a refill, I would like to sit by the fire in the quiet for a moment to remember.....'
Hamm gets Lady a drink and she goes over to the ever present bench and sits by the fire, basking in its light, quiet with her thoughts of days gone by, and the memories that are in her head of her departed............
Celtic cat 
Posted: 29-May-2007, 12:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

Unnoticed, Catalina walks through the pub door.

"Not many folks in the pub at all, but after the busy wedding, I could sure use a little drink" , Catalina thinks to herself.

Catalina spots Hamm, and sits down at a bar stool.

"Hello Hamm, may I have a Bailey's & cream?"

Hamm, although startled by the sound of his name, proceeds to make the drink.

"Thank you dear"

sisterknight 
Posted: 30-May-2007, 12:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

female

sisterknight saunters back into the bar covered in hay bits sighing to herself "geesh that lir...maybe it's time he and i hit the wild road to work the kinks out.." she sees lady sitting by the fire with her eyes glistening, and quietly walks over and puts her arm around her petite friend."my lady, nothing can be that awful, can it? i hate to leave you and the others but lir is itching to hit the wild road again and you know i can't say no! please remember the good times we've had and the music and comradeship" smiling down into her wet face "i'll return when i can but know that i'll miss you"
PMEmail Poster               
marti64 
Posted: 04-Jun-2007, 08:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

female

Lady quietly says goodbye to sisternight, and wishes her a pleasant journey. As her eyes well up with tears, as she is going to miss her friend, she asks Hamm "can I please have another pint?"
Hamm obliges, and Lady Marti sips her drink, and once again, she takes a look around the room.....
Celtic cat 
Posted: 05-Jun-2007, 11:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

female

Catalina notices Lady Marti crying a bit and goes over to comfort her.

Excuse me ma'am, is everything alright? Is there anything I can do to cheer you up?

Lady Marti seems somewhat perplexed.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to startle you Miss Marti, it is me, Cat....but much more human now......"
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]