Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Nebraska

female

Afterrnoon all!!

Thanks for the welcome back, guys! I truly missed you all!

Mike, I also wish you well on the interview, full-time position or not! Good luck!

It sounds like everyone is getting ready for festivals and games! Makes me envious because I don't have any close enough to go to! You all have extra fun for me and then let me know how much I enjoyed myself!!! biggrin.gif

I have a question for you all...Crawford Castle in South Lanarkshire is featuring in my novel. I have seen many pictures of its ruins and also the Castle House that was built from many of its stones, however I would really like to see how it looked when it was in one piece. Even if it is only an artists rendering or someones drawing of what it might have looked like. For that matter I would even be satisfied with a written description of the castle in its prime. Does anyone know where or how I could get ahold of that kind of information? I would be eternally grateful to anyone who could point me in the right direction!

Just to keep you all posted, I got my grades yesterday and out of my 6 classes I recieved 3 A's and 3 B's which qualifies me for the dean's list! This is very exciting news for me because I was taking 18 credit hours of 300 and 400 level classes and was afraid I wouldn't even be able to pass them all let alone do well enough to make the dean's list. Maybe I'm not too old to be going back to school after all!!

On a side note, my hubby's cousin lives (or lived) in Greensburg Kansas and she lost everything in the tornado over the weekend. We are waiting to hear whether she plans to rebuild or just move back here to Nebraska. In the meantime thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated!

Hope everyone is well and continues to be well! Until later take care!

Sonee

--------------------
Sonee

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke

"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." ~Toni Morrison
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 10-May-2007, 06:39 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

QUOTE (Sonee @ 09-May-2007, 12:01 PM)
On a side note, my hubby's cousin lives (or lived) in Greensburg Kansas and she lost everything in the tornado over the weekend. We are waiting to hear whether she plans to rebuild or just move back here to Nebraska. In the meantime thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated!

Hope everyone is well and continues to be well! Until later take care!

Sonee

Congrats on the great grades! Must feel good after all that work!

We'll sure be praying for your husband's cousin. What an enormous tragedy! Keep us posted.

Have a great day!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Iain A.D. 
Posted: 10-May-2007, 03:29 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Edinburgh, Alba

male

QUOTE (Sonee @ 09-May-2007, 06:01 PM)
I have a question for you all...Crawford Castle in South Lanarkshire is featuring in my novel. I have seen many pictures of its ruins and also the Castle House that was built from many of its stones, however I would really like to see how it looked when it was in one piece. Even if it is only an artists rendering or someones drawing of what it might have looked like. For that matter I would even be satisfied with a written description of the castle in its prime. Does anyone know where or how I could get ahold of that kind of information?

Hi Sonee

I may be able to get some information.

My mum has loads of books and info on Scottish castles/palaces/history.

If you can wait a week or two I will see what I can find (she is currently on holiday until the 20th May)

--------------------
Hush ye, hush ye, little pet ye.
Hush ye, hush ye, do not fret ye.
The Black Douglas shall not get ye.
PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 10-May-2007, 07:05 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hello everyone! I'm here at the library again!

The interview I had the other day did not go well. I stuttered my way through the whole interview (I have a stuttering problem and being in a pressure situation, like a job interview, exacerbates it) and it was only on a per diem basis, not regular full-time work with benefits.

My nephew had to be taken to the hospital yesterday. He fell off a teeter-totter and broke his elbow. They put some pins in his elbow to hold it in place while he's on the mend. They had to take him to the hospital closest to me because the one by them doesn't have a pediatric OR. The one by me has a separate pediatric hospital. My sister's family has just had rotten luck the past few months healthwise. First my brother-in-law had to go to the hospital because of his diverticulitis, and now this.

My allergies have been acting up this week. Sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, you name it. Last night, I finally admitted defeat and bought some over the counter allergy medication. I try not to take that stuff as it makes me loopy (well, loopier than I normally am tongue.gif biggrin.gif cool.gif ). This is a bad time for people in the Midwest with allergies anyway.

I bought an air conditioner for my apartment, but I'm gonna have to exchange it. It just isn't powerful enough to cool the whole apartment. I think I need an 8000 BTU unit.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 10-May-2007, 10:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 09-May-2007, 08:13 AM)

JP, anxious to see your photos!

CR - I added a couple of sports photos to my gallery.
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 10-May-2007, 10:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Sorry the job didn't work out, Mike. You'll land a better one!

Praying for you!
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
gwenlee 
Posted: 11-May-2007, 11:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Greetings everyone. I looked back to see when I last posted and I couldn't believe that it had been a month. I have been doing well. As usual I've been busy.

Last Saturday we has a demo of Scottish Country Dancing in Cartersville at the Stileboro Military Academy We had a lot of fun. Next month is the Blairsville GA games and I'll be dancing there plus helping run the Clan Donnachaidh tent. Then after that we will be doing another demo in Cartersville. As always I know it will be a lot of fun.

Right now all is well with the family. My daughter with Multiple Sclerosis is on Tysabri. Hopefully this is the miracle drug we are hoping for.

My son is applying for the ROTC program at the college he will be attending. I have mixed feelings. I'm proud of his decision but nervous about it too. My husband said not to discourage him. He follows in the footsteps of Grandfathers, and uncles.

Sonee congratulations on those fantastic grades. We are never to old to learn.

Well I have to go. I have a little bit of house work to finish up.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL.

GWENLEE
gwenlee 
Posted: 12-May-2007, 06:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Good Morning all. I've been up since 0530 and just relaxing while everyone else except hubby is sleeping. My hubby has now left to go and feed the horses. When he gets back I have to go and have the oil changed and get the stuff to make some flower baskets for my mom for Mothers Day.

Do any of you have anything special planned for Mothers Day?

Chloe my little dachshound has discovered my neighbors house. She has started spending a lot of time over there because there is someone outside most of the time to play. She loves to play fetch. In fact she loves it some much that she plays until she is limping. She limps because a few years ago she tore the ligaments in her left leg, and then 7 months later she broke her right leg and was in a cast for about 8 weeks. So yesterday after spending all day next door we has to go and get her and lock her up. And this morning she is limping and very tired.

Do any of you know anyone who breeds Scottish Deer Hounds hopefully in the South East? If you do please let me know.

Well I hope all of you have a good weekend. Take care and don't forget you Mom.

Gwenlee
ballydun 
Posted: 12-May-2007, 02:30 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

Hello all!!

Mike, so sorry about the job. The right one will come along. Just be patient and persistant.

CR, there's no way I'd be in your area and not let you know!! The concert was in Albuquerque, believe it or not. We rarely get big not top 40 type shows here. It was sure a good show!

gwenlee, a Dachshund and a Deer Hound! I'd love to see you walking the two together when you get the Deer Hound!
I've been considering a Dachshund. Any advice or warnings? I think they are so sweet and I really want an indoor lap size dog.

Not much happening with us here. Just gearing up for the festival next weekend. Getting inventory and supplies to hopefull make a lot of $$$ there.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you Moms out there!!

Cheers beer_mug.gif

--------------------
[color=red]"I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision." Maya Angelou

PMEmail Poster               
Dreamer1 
Posted: 13-May-2007, 09:53 AM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Hi everyone!

Just a quick visit to wish you all a WONDERFUL MOTHER'S DAY!!!!! I'm being pampered this morning, have been kicked out of the kitchen for the day laugh.gif Enjoy being with your families everyone, whether you're celebrating a holiday or not today. They are a miracle all their own!

Take care all,
Dreamer1

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Sonee 
Posted: 14-May-2007, 11:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Nebraska

female

Iain A.D.-- I would be so grateful for any information that I will wait as long as it takes! Thank you so much for offering!

Mike--Sorry about the job interview. Ballydun is right, give it time and you'll find the right job for you! Hang in there!

I hope all you mother's had a great day! My kids each hand made me cards and then put on a little play they made up that morning complete with songs and a hand made poster! It was fabulous! Afterwards they (and my hubby!) took me out for lunch! The night before we all went to the drive-in theater and watched Spider-man 3 and Ghost Rider. All in all I had a terrific weekend! I hope everyone else did too, whether you are a mother or not!!

Gotta go, need to do some writing!

Take care everyone!

Sonee
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 16-May-2007, 04:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello everyone. I hope all of you have had a chance to enjoy the weather. It looks like it is going to rain. We sure could use it here in GA. We have had a horrible time with wild fires.

Ballydun Dachshunds are wonderful little dogs. They are so smart. I have had several small breed dogs and nothing compares to a Dachshund. Dachshunds are known to have back problems, but so far we have not had anything like that. Only broken legs and torn ligaments from running to fetch a ball. Like I said they are very smart and great family dogs. We have only owned minis.

Well take care everyone.

Gwenlee
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 16-May-2007, 08:25 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

We own three of the minnes along with a Shar Pei. Very smart dogs and they can sure give that Puss in Boots-love me look when they need to.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
ballydun 
Posted: 17-May-2007, 12:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Albuquerque, New Mexico

female

The night before we all went to the drive-in theater and watched Spider-man 3 and Ghost Rider.

How much fun!! Our last drive in closed about 10 years ago. I really miss them.

Roberto and Gwenlee, thanks for the positive feedback on Dachshunds! I really want one, but have to wait until after vacations this summer.

PMEmail Poster               
MDF3530 
  Posted: 17-May-2007, 05:22 PM
Quote Post

Madman with a box
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hey everyone!

I'm here at my parents', doing laundry and spending the night. I'm going out of town for the weekend with my mom. One of my cousins on her side is having their wedding anniversary. My mom didn't want to go alone (my dad will be elsewhere), so I said I'd go with her. It's been awhile since I've seen most of my relatives on her side (at least five or six years, since my Uncle George's funeral). We want to leave here about 10 am tomorrow, so I figured it'd just be easier to stay here tonight. I'm taking my Walkman with me so I can listen to the White Sox-Cubs games.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt