Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Forum Rules Enter at own risk!

The Philosophy, Science & Religion forum has been created as an unmoderated forum. The issues discussed here can and will get very intense. Please show respect and appreciation to alternative views posted here. We appreciate your consideration.

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Why Are We Here, Do you know why
mercyforme 
Posted: 10-May-2004, 01:46 PM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: washington

female

After reading some posts I thought to add a question. This is a thought provoking question for you guys. To which I will tell you later on what I think and why after I get a decent amount of replies.

Here are 2 questions for you to answer if you choose to do so....

Why are we here
Does God want anything from us

I really loook forward to the replies smile.gif

I did this a few minutes ago and it didnt show up, but if it does appear I will delete one so just in case forgive the possible confusion. I may not have hit the post it button???

--------------------
Look Beyond what you see
PMEmail Poster               
VetteGal 
Posted: 10-May-2004, 02:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Des Plaines, Illinois

female

Mercy,
How I look at this is that we are all part of the life force in the universe. We are down on earth to achive a goal and when we achive this goal our time is finished here in this realm. You will keep coming back to earth until your goal is achived. You are reunited with the Goddess when you time here is finished. Then in the next realm you will more goals to achive. And so on. This way the life force of the universe continues to grow and evolve. However, each time you come back to earth you don't remember the times before so that you might make the same mistakes over again until you have come up with the answers to your dilemmas you have in this lifetime. Or, instead of it being the same problem you might find yourself facing the next phase of your goal, since you might have solved part of you goal but not all. If you didn't understand part or all that I wrote, ask and I will try to clarify it better.

--------------------
Blessed Be.

Merry meet, merry part, merry meet again.

Do as ye will, but harm ye none.

Nikki
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
mercyforme 
Posted: 10-May-2004, 02:32 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

female

I got what you meant, you explaine fine:)
PMEmail Poster               
tsargent62 
Posted: 11-May-2004, 09:01 AM
Quote Post

Lord Socknoggle

ZodiacBirch

Realm: Lake Orion, Michigan

male

I think your original post ended up in Kirk and Chapel. I posted my answer there before I found this one.

--------------------

Cheers!
Todd

Normal is a relative term. For some reason it is not a term my relatives use to describe me.

PMEmail Poster               
mercyforme 
Posted: 11-May-2004, 11:31 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

female

You know I thought I was there also, thankyou, I will go check out what you wrote...
PMEmail Poster               
urian 
Posted: 11-May-2004, 02:12 PM
Quote Post

heretic. lurker in the shadows
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Texas

male

Why are we here?
Does god want anything from us?

Hmmmm tough questions

We are here(IMO) to exact change in our lives and ,hopefully, those around us. Whether you are Christian or pagan or hindu that can be agreed upon. To better ourselves is the goal of everyone. To better someone else(through teaching or charity and kindness) should be the aspiration of all...

Short answer..hope it made sense...that goes for both questions, btw..I could write more but I'm not feeling talkative today

--------------------
'Dying for being different is still better than living as a Sheep'-anon
PMEmail Poster               
mercyforme 
Posted: 11-May-2004, 02:56 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

female

when you get to talking/writing more please do smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 11-May-2004, 08:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
242,934 Gold!

Why are we here?

Thats a good question. I think we all have times when we ponder that question - just what the heck are we doing on this piece of rock orbiting a brilliant star in this vast and incomprehensible large space called the Milky Way.......

Whatever it is, it is much bigger and larger than ourselves. For example, take the human body, a master piece of nerves, blood vessels, organs, chemicals all working together to keep us living and breathing. Do we have a soul? Is the expansion of the Universe really accelerating? Are there other life forms in the universe? Billions and Billions of processes and systems are playing themselves out across the universe every mili-sec.......just an aweful lot for a poor human to immerse their thoughts in..........

Oh back to the question, why are we here? I think we are here for each other! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
mercyforme 
Posted: 11-May-2004, 11:21 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

female

Do we have a soul? Good question,we are a soul angel_not.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 12-May-2004, 07:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Perhaps the question has been answered here to the extent that the human mind can comprehend it. Honestly, I can't be very sure of any answer. Maybe we're here for one specific unknown purpose that we only find out after it's done and we die. Or maybe we're all here for the betterment of ourselves and ourt fellow man. Maybe both, maybe neither. Or maybe we're not ment to comprehend the truth. I try to be kind, true, and helpful. God(dess) knows I don't always succeed. Live by the golden rule, and the rest will tend to itself.

"And ye harm none, do as ye will"

Beyond that, keep faith in God; and it'll all work out in the end smile.gif

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
mercyforme 
Posted: 12-May-2004, 09:12 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacBirch

female

Why Are we here

When God made the first human pair he did not make them to die. He didnt have to make them at all. He put them in a beautiful setting and gave them the command to make the whole earth beautiful and to fill the earth with their children.....Genesis chapter 2

Do you think it makes sense Jehovah made us out of love and to bring worship to him, Revelation 4:11

Does God Want Anything From Us

The decsion to worship Jehovah God is left to each person. But God does require from us many things if we are to worship him and follow his standards in our lives. Note that everything God asks of us only benefits us, it never hurts us but when we do what he warns us about we do get hurt.
PMEmail Poster               
urian 
Posted: 14-May-2004, 09:41 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

QUOTE (mercyforme @ May 11 2004, 03:56 PM)
when you get to talking/writing more please do smile.gif

Life is a test and a school. In living we are taught many things about our souls, the world, the universe, divinity and everything around us. It is up to us to see these lessons and learn from them. The people, animals, plants, sitautions, everything comes in and out of our lives to teach us/tell us something. Our greatest challenge as souls on this journey is to open our eyes and see. TRULY see what is out there. See the magic and divinity and everything, the beauty in every soul, hear the voices of the past in the sound of a brook and the caress of loved ones long gone on the wind. It is up to us to pull aside the curtain and see the world for what it is. See past the grand illusion. Sadly, most never will.

The tests come as we interact with everything around us. How we treat our fellow beings on this trip. With kindness, malice, or indifference. Do we help a beggar on the street or step over him and leave him to die? Do we hit a deer with our car and leave it to suffer as we drive off to find a mechanic or do we say a prayer to the great spirit for it's safe journey before we release it? Do we pluck a flower to horde for ourself or let it shine for all to see. Do we teach our children to be better than us....or just like us? Do we pass the ignorance along or snuff it out completely?

This is the world

This, is life.

Urian Lightbringer...seeker
PMEmail Poster               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 19-May-2004, 01:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

QUOTE (urian @ May 14 2004, 10:41 PM)
Life is a test and a school. In living we are taught many things about our souls, the world, the universe, divinity and everything around us. It is up to us to see these lessons and learn from them. The people, animals, plants, sitautions, everything comes in and out of our lives to teach us/tell us something. Our greatest challenge as souls on this journey is to open our eyes and see. TRULY see what is out there. See the magic and divinity and everything, the beauty in every soul, hear the voices of the past in the sound of a brook and the caress of loved ones long gone on the wind. It is up to us to pull aside the curtain and see the world for what it is. See past the grand illusion. Sadly, most never will.

The tests come as we interact with everything around us. How we treat our fellow beings on this trip. With kindness, malice, or indifference. Do we help a beggar on the street or step over him and leave him to die? Do we hit a deer with our car and leave it to suffer as we drive off to find a mechanic or do we say a prayer to the great spirit for it's safe journey before we release it? Do we pluck a flower to horde for ourself or let it shine for all to see. Do we teach our children to be better than us....or just like us? Do we pass the ignorance along or snuff it out completely?

This is the world

This, is life.

Urian Lightbringer...seeker

I totally agree, urian! I would have never been able to put my thoughts in words so brillantly as you did. But it's exactly what I also think. Thank you for posting! smile.gif

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
urian 
Posted: 19-May-2004, 05:31 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

QUOTE (gaberlunzie @ May 19 2004, 02:33 PM)
I totally agree, urian! I would have never been able to put my thoughts in words so brillantly as you did. But it's exactly what I also think. Thank you for posting! smile.gif

Thanks. That comes from lots of months(recently) of staring at my fours walls and doing a lot of soul searching.

glad you enjoyed

PMEmail Poster               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 19-May-2004, 05:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Sometimes these times are necessary to get clarity...my own experience...If you won't mind I'd like to print some of your sentences out to pin them on the wall...so I could have a look on them whenever I want to??
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]