Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
253,733 Gold!

We still are seeing a 6-12 hour connection issue where we lose our connection for about 10 secs to as many as 60 secs.

Not sure yet if this is our modem or our ISP.

MTU might be the issue, we tried lower that to 1472.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 18-Dec-2009, 05:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
253,733 Gold!

We are still experiencing issues with our ISP - connection drops. This is going to effect our broadcast. Our apologies we are working on this issue.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 18-Dec-2009, 10:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
253,733 Gold!

We seemed to have a good day without any drops.

Isolated one problem being our new router appears to get overloaded with wireless connections at our location. That was one reason for the broadcast dropping and the site unavailable. Have off loaded the wireless to a netgear access point and it seems to be doing the trick.

All together we have 4 boxes; DSL2 Dlink modem, Cisco router, Dlink Gigabit switch and a netgear wireless access point running the network. Appears with the amount of traffic we have spreading the load across these 4 boxes provides increase capacity. I am sure just running on 1 routers CPU would overload it.

Interesting concept. For now, we are noticing a big increase in speed across our entire network. Keeping fingers crossed with this new setup.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 20-Dec-2009, 01:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
253,733 Gold!

Without getting too technical, our ISP has made some changes (at our request) which have fixed the problem (for now) of the stream dropping.

These are long standing issues which we believe was the root of the connectively issues with Highlander Radio.

We should experience better quality of listening and fewer drops, if any - going forward.

Thanks for your patience.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 21-Dec-2009, 08:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
253,733 Gold!

Here is the update. Our line is not stable. Our goal is to fix this which is going to require some work and research. Therefore, we will have a few periods each day where our connection will go down and you will not be able to access the site for about 30 seconds. Unfortunately, our stream Highlander Radio will drop also during these connection issues

Update from our ISP

The line is accumulating a small amount of downstream errors, 529 cells out of 1,151,731 sent from the central office to the modem.
You should not even notice them, as they are not significant on a statistical basis.

2009-12-20 16:30:18   
I am sorry, I meant to update prior to now. The line is still accumulating errors, unfortunately it does not appear that it will be steady at this rate. I would suggest your giving us a call when you get an opportunity for a thorough trouble shooting session.

CelticRadio 
Posted: 27-Dec-2009, 06:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
253,733 Gold!

Stability has improved on our line. We have been monitoring our broadcast drops which seem to be non-existent for a 2-3 day period. Possible some of the errors were related to ice and snow issues.

So, good news. We should be all set going forward with a much more improved Highlander Radio.
Dogshirt 
Posted: 12-Mar-2010, 11:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Has anyone else had to double click back to get to the previous page?
I noticed yesterday, and still today. It is only this site, so I'm sure it's not my computer.

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 12-Mar-2010, 06:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

I had a couple of minor problems, (site hung up briefly) but do not remember what I was doing at the time. As long as I am not bumped off the site, I survive.

Slàinte,    

Patch     
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 14-Mar-2010, 02:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
253,733 Gold!

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 12-Mar-2010, 12:46 PM)
Has anyone else had to double click back to get to the previous page?
I noticed yesterday, and still today. It is only this site, so I'm sure it's not my computer.

beer_mug.gif

Currently not having that problem. You might try clearing all your caches and cookies.

A really good program that does that and more is advanced system care:

http://www.iobit.com/advancedwindowscareper.html

CelticRadio 
Posted: 14-Mar-2010, 02:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
253,733 Gold!

QUOTE (Patch @ 12-Mar-2010, 07:36 PM)
I had a couple of minor problems, (site hung up briefly) but do not remember what I was doing at the time. As long as I am not bumped off the site, I survive.

Slàinte,    

Patch     

We've had some storms in the area past 24 hours. High winds 50-60 mph and flooding, so it might be effecting the sight, but right now everything seems to be working fine.
Dogshirt 
Posted: 14-Mar-2010, 03:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Still only happens on CR. Not on any other site.

beer_mug.gif
heartsong 
Posted: 12-Apr-2010, 06:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Chattanooga, TN

female

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #68
52,491 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

Why do I get this message when I try & request a song? Authorization failed. IP not in allowed list. (IP: 66.92.78.217)
oconnoon 
  Posted: 12-Apr-2010, 06:44 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

female

I also got this same message when I tried to request a song: "Authorization failed. IP not in allowed list. (IP: 66.92.78.217)". Help!
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]