> Glitch In Game? Too Many Workers
Ringwood 
Posted: 03-Jan-2009, 01:23 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

female

Greetings all...There must be a glitch in this game. I spent 500,000 gold to recruit new workers this morning, and I ended up with 3980 workers?!! My total population of workers is now 4825, more than anybody else in the game. This isn't fair, because I haven't earned it. Has this happened to anybody else? And what do I do about it??
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 03-Jan-2009, 02:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (Ringwood @ 03-Jan-2009, 02:23 PM)
Greetings all...There must be a glitch in this game. I spent 500,000 gold to recruit new workers this morning, and I ended up with 3980 workers?!! My total population of workers is now 4825, more than anybody else in the game. This isn't fair, because I haven't earned it. Has this happened to anybody else? And what do I do about it??

Hello Ringwood,

I don't think it's a glitch anymore since the episode with loxinthe who recruited more then 9000 workers in one shot...I thought that it was the case until he stated in another thread that it was not so for he spent over 3 millions in gold to recruit.

I am at rank #1 and to recruit workers,the minimum that I have to at least spend is 139380 in gold.

So since you have spent 500K in gold that is why you've ended up with that many.And once you have them and don't have the gold to put them to task you will be stuck with them and like loxinthe you are now a sitting duck for the sharks that will see this as a great opportunity to gain workers for the price of slavers.

So in other words get prepared to find yourself under heavy attacks.
And my lady you don't have anything to fear that any attacks will come from me just in the name of gain...I wanted it to be clear so that the phrase above is not misunderstood by anyone.

That is why recruiting workers is not important when building armies and kingdoms when one doesn't have the recources as back up.

Before recruiting one should click on the "recruit" button first to know how much must be spent, not entering any amount for you can be sure that one will end up with an "over load" of workers.

Good luck my lady,

Lady of Avalon

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PMRead My Blog View My Photographs               
McRoach 
Posted: 03-Jan-2009, 05:28 PM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
860,691 Gold!

Clan: AWARE

QUOTE (Lady-of-Avalon @ 03-Jan-2009, 02:21 PM)
And once you have them and don't have the gold to put them to task you will be stuck with them and like loxinthe you are now a sitting duck for the sharks that will see this as a great opportunity to gain workers for the price of slavers.

So in other words get prepared to find yourself under heavy attacks.

Lady of Avalon

Fortunately Lady Ringwood is part of a clan who will not stand by to watch a member have resources plundered and workers enslaved.

Royal05.gif
Sharks be warned.

--------------------
"May those who love us, love us. And those who hate us, may God turn their hearts. And if he doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping."
-Celtic Proverbs

Grateful am I to have a sword in which to defend myself at all times, blessed am I for the days I need not use it.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 03-Jan-2009, 06:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (McRoach @ 03-Jan-2009, 06:28 PM)
Fortunately Lady Ringwood is part of a clan who will not stand by to watch a member have resources plundered and workers enslaved.

Royal05.gif
Sharks be warned.

Quite so my Lord McRoach and that is where it is important in this kind of game to be part of a clan as soon as possible for of course the latter will not stand there and watch one of their own member being plundered...but mistakes can happened and learned from and thus in the future not being repeated without the council of the clan leaders.

And this is where it differ as well being part of a clan and part of a kingdom...

LOA

olorin 
Posted: 04-Jan-2009, 04:17 AM
Quote Post

Olorin of Valinor

ZodiacElder

Realm: Virginia

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #70
176,553 Gold!

Lord McRoach,

Though we have no alliance with DARK, I will recommend my clan overlook Lady Ringwood as a potential target for a period of 30 days. This should allow her to build sufficiently and be better prepared should anyone begin marching upon her. This by no means is a declaration of intent to strike her or any of you for that matter. On the contrary my Lord I do it as a courtesy to you and your clan.

As is known throughout Medieval our clan members are encouraged to act on their own accord with mere encouragement and assistance from it's leaders, not by strict rule. But the loxinthe incident left a bad taste in alot of peoples mouths and Lady Ringwood came to her position by accident, (unlike loxinthe who had a full agenda coming in). I feel it only fair she be given a chance to prepare her armies, and I am confident my fellow clansmen will feel the same.

Slàinte,
Olórin of Valinor
Second in Command, Clan Bruce

--------------------
Slàinte,
Olórin of Valinor
-----------------------------------------
You can't regret what you don't decide - Shimon Moore
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Twitter Profile.
MacDonnchaidh 
Posted: 04-Jan-2009, 01:36 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Stoughton, MA

male

Lady Ringwood now has the support of my Kingdom, any that attack her while she is unprepared will feel the bite of my armies. I do not wish to breach the alliance between the clans Bruce and MacInnes, but if anyone including a member of MacInnes attacks her unjustly and without honour I will come to her aid.

A Còmhrag!
MacDonnchaidh of Atholl
Servant of Lord Shenaniganz247, Chieftain of Clan Bruce, Royal Family of Scotland

--------------------
Glory is the Reward of Valour ~ Robertson Motto

For Faith, For Service to Humanity ~ Knights Hospitaller Motto

Am fear is tiuighe clairgeann se ‘s lugha eanchainn.
He who has the thickest skull has the smallest brain.
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 04-Jan-2009, 02:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (MacDonnchaidh @ 04-Jan-2009, 02:36 PM)
Lady Ringwood now has the support of my Kingdom, any that attack her while she is unprepared will feel the bite of my armies. I do not wish to breach the alliance between the clans Bruce and MacInnes, but if anyone including a member of MacInnes attacks her unjustly and without honour I will come to her aid.

A Còmhrag!
MacDonnchaidh of Atholl
Servant of Lord Shenaniganz247, Chieftain of Clan Bruce, Royal Family of Scotland

My lord MacDonnchaidh,

With all due respect my lord there is no need for you to warn any of the MacInnes for we have no interests upon Lady Ringwood. But do understand that any inexperienced player that is part of a clan should always seek council to his high commanders before doing something that he/she is not sure of.

By doing so the clan member does not put him/herself as well as the clan and even member of his/her kingdom in jeopardy and thus will gain experience.

That is why I emphasized in my reply that for some reason people tends to concentrate so much on acquiring workers so fast when it is not a requirement at the beginning. And when recruiting one does not enter an outstanding amount without expecting to end up with a load of workers...the "recruit" button tells you how much need to be spent if you want to recruit.

So let's not throw big words again in the air with all these underlines of threath...let's see this situation as a learning lesson for Lady Ringwood.I am sure that in the future before she goes on the next move she'll want to make if not sure all she has to do is seek council either with her Laird or here in the forums.

Let's all keep our heads on our shoulders and stay calm...nobody from the MacInnes sent or even thought of treathening Lady Ringwood all I did said in my reply to her was giving her the truth of the situation she was now in because of the incident with Lord Loxinthe.

Lady of Avalon
Second in Command of Clan MacInnes.
Queen of Avalon Island and Celtic Radio.

MacDonnchaidh 
Posted: 04-Jan-2009, 03:08 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Stoughton, MA

male

Lady of Avalon, I apologise that my words seemed to target against the MacInnes Clan. I merely wished to point out that the Bruce Clan's alliance with them will not hinder me from defending Lady Ringwood from any attacks. I choose to offer my aid to her because she accidentally recruited the many workers that she did, whereas loxinthe deliberately acquired that many workers full knowing what he was doing and what the consequences might therefore be.

A Còmhrag!
MacDonnchaidh of Atholl
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 04-Jan-2009, 05:29 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (MacDonnchaidh @ 04-Jan-2009, 04:08 PM)
Lady of Avalon,
I apologise that my words seemed to target against the MacInnes Clan. I merely wished to point out that the Bruce Clan's alliance with them will not hinder me from defending Lady Ringwood from any attacks. I choose to offer my aid to her because she accidentally recruited the many workers that she did, whereas loxinthe deliberately acquired that many workers full knowing what he was doing and what the consequences might therefore be.

A Còmhrag!
MacDonnchaidh of Atholl

Lord MacDonnchaidh,

My lord I applaude your chivalry and are very courageous and I respect that but the point is not the fact of an "accidental" or "deliberate" action here. The point is that Lady Ringwood has put herself in a situation that has made her a target...accidental or not has nothing to do.

I only answered her question in the fact that she thought it was a "glitch" in the game or system somehow because of the tremendous amount of workers she received all of a sudden...I gave the best explanation logical in what she described in her post as her action. Accidental or not we are all responsible for the action we take in this kind of game and nothing we do should be taken lightly and thinking that there will be no consequences...I simply warned her about her situation because of my previous experience with another player.

So again you are intitle of your own choices my lord and I admire your courage but let's all be calm. Even though your words were targeting members of my clan in a certain manner:
but if anyone including a member of MacInnes attacks her unjustly and without honour.

Beside my lord the name MacInnes should not even had to be mentioned whatsoever in all of this for let it be known that clan MacInnes has never taken any part in any of the previous similar situation with the other player only tried to give sanctuary to my countryman in the name of protection which we all know how it ended up.

On the contrary two of my clansmen were under a kind of "silent threath" for armies were sent to them as warnings and then recalled. If clan MacInnes would have been an aggressive clan my lord , war would have been declared right then and there I assure you and the consequences would have been desastrous for some.

Now that Lady Ringwood as been warned that she has a 30 days respite from one of your own clan I might add, well all she has to do now is build up and prepare herself and accept the consequences of her action accidental or not.

Hope that this matter will be a learning lesson to all.

Lady of Avalon
Second in Command of Clan MacInnes
Queen of Avalon Island and CelticRadio (for now tongue.gif )

McRoach 
Posted: 06-Jan-2009, 12:01 AM
Quote Post

>>*<<
Group Icon

Group: Fellowship of the Ring
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Desert Highlands, USA

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #2
860,691 Gold!

MacDonnchaidh, Olorin, and all those who recognize that Lady Ringwood simply over spent or was over rewarded with a bounty of workers, let me thank you for your honorable pledges to help.

Mistakes will be made and errors will occur whether it's unintentional migration, overstocking or untraining our workers, it's great to see that blood lust doesn't run rampant in MK.

Cheers to those with honor from clan DARK! cheers.gif

-Chieftain McRoach
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]