Shamalama 
Posted: 07-Jun-2005, 12:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

At first I thought this was a joke or satire. But the more I dug the more I discovered that this is on the "up and up". Absolutely amazing.

Hat tips go out to The Cotillion, The Anchoress, and Insight Scoop.

A new edition of the Gospels of the Bible for the first time shows Christ as a woman, named Judith Christ of Nazareth, and God as female. In all other respects, the classic texts of the Gospels remain unchanged. This new Bible includes: The Parable of the Prodigal Daughter, The Lady's Prayer, and other revised favorite passages.

Huh? Nevermind that Jesus the Christ was also a historical figure who was a male. Nevermind that His divinity may have transcended gender, the Holy Spirit may be without gender, God even may be without gender, but Jesus was a man. Grow up and deal with it.

A new edition of the Gospels of the Bible for the first time shows Christ as a woman, named Judith Christ of Nazareth, and God as female. In all other respects, the classic texts of the Gospels remain unchanged. The publisher, LBI Institute, has released this new Bible entitled: "Judith Christ of Nazareth, The Gospels of the Bible, Corrected to Reflect that Christ Was a Woman, Extracted from Matthew, Mark, Luke and John."

The book is available in bookstores and online. "This long-awaited revised text of the Gospels makes the moral message of Christ more accessible to many, and more illuminating to all," says Billie Shakespeare, V.P. for the publisher. "It is empowering. We published this new Bible to acknowledge the rise of women in society."

OK, let's try one more time for those that attended government schools: Jesus Yeshua ben Nazaret was a male historical figure whose existance is also corroborated by outside sources such as the Jewish historian Josephus as well as other texts.

This is no genre tweak. LBI Law & Business Institute did not publish this new Bible "to acknowledge the rise of women in society". They published this "new Bible" to make money, gain publicity, and anger Christians. The LBI Institute (which apparently doesn't have a website) has published books on marketing and technology, so their credentials in the field of biblical studies are on par with those held by Dr. Seuss. So how long before ABC, NBC, CBS, or CNN produces a feature based on the life of Judith?

And "yes", it's listed on Amazon.
- ISBN 0966143728 [paperback]
- ISBN 0966143736 [hardbound]

LBI Institute
+1-202-744-1490
[email protected]

Apparently some people hate men so much that they can't deal with the historical fact that Jesus was a man. It's a warped, twisted mentality that needs to pretend a man is a woman to feel "empowered". Let's all rewrite history and claim that everyone is Mexican so as to not offend Mexicans. Or, let's rewrite factual history and make all the "characters" midgets, so as to not offend midgets.

What about all the great founding mothers:
- Georgia Washington
- Bernadet Franklin
- Thomasina Jefferson
- Alexandra Hamilton

It is a proven historical fact that Jesus of Nazareth, as a man, lived, taught, and was arrested and crucified. This is no longer questioned among legitimate historians, regardless of religious preference. To simply revise history because it makes one feel "liberated" is, at best, willful stupidity.

Oh, and by the way: there is no feminine form of the name 'Jesus' (or 'Joshua'). 'Judith' is the feminine form of the name 'Juda' - or 'Judas.'

And can anyone imagine an edition of the Koran with the Prophet Mohammed as a woman?

--------------------

Clan Mac Cullaich:
- Brewed in Scotland
- Bottled in Ulster
- Uncorked in America

Common Folk Using Common Sense
PMEmail Poster               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 07-Jun-2005, 12:31 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

I am speechless... As a Christian, I am so outraged and offended by this that I don't even know what to say. All I can say is that there has to be a special place in hell for someone who would do something like this... twisting and perverting the very basic tenets of our faith...

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
dundee 
Posted: 07-Jun-2005, 12:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacReed

male

you also might keep in mind that during that time in the middle east women were pretty much second class citizens, it was even worse then it is now. i really dont think a bunch of rough and tumble smelly fishermen would have been inclined to drop there nets when "judy" said "follow me"... i think they would have been more inclined to have said..... "yea right, listen judy be a good girl and get lunch started will ya, then fetch us some water and clean up around here ". angel_not.gif

sorry thing is people will rush to their bookstores and make these heritics rich.
and they complain about the abuse to the koran..... laugh.gif

ps... sham..... you write some long posts.... i had to skim it.... so hope you didnt bring up this point if you did my apologies. biggrin.gif

--------------------
jim

www.greyaengus.com

"If I say something that can be interpreted in two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant it the other way."

often in error, never in doubt.

if guns kill people then my pencil mis-spells words
quote: larry the cable guy

sometimes what ya think ya want
isnt what ya thought ya wanted
till ya get what ya thought ya wanted
and then what ya had is gone....
Mailagnas maqqas Dunaidonas 
Posted: 07-Jun-2005, 12:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

male

This one seems like more of the atheistic secularism that wants to undermine the validity of the Bible as part of the ongoing destruction of traditional values. After all, if the Bible can be rewritten with Christ as a woman, is there any part that isn't subject to being rewritten.
With any luck, the publishers will discover that anyone who believes this kind of nonsense is OK is also someone who is not a Bible purchaser, and this particular publication will go out of print in a hurry.

--------------------
Síochán leat,
Mailagnas
Clan Donald USA
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 16-Jun-2005, 10:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Is this a joke?

dontgetit.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 26-Jun-2005, 08:00 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Tasmania, Australia

male

This kind of fruitloop nonsense, whether in jest or no, is always popping up.

Not worth giving a mind to, it's muddying the waters and watering down the Bible, the work of the evil one.

I know the Bible, I know it's true and reliable, this rubbish is for idiots who like their ears tickled.

--------------------
Shadows 
Posted: 26-Jun-2005, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

But it all comes from "fanatic christians" ( feminist control freak types)...
I know my mother is one of those!!!!

Religion's beliefs can be made to say whatever one wants them to say... that has been my point all along.

Only one simple rule:

Treat all as you would be treated!

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]