Posted: 23-Apr-2004, 10:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacReed

Realm: Rochester, NY

male

Just incase you are not firmilar with the story he was a NFL safty who turned down a 3.7 million dollar contract to join the Army Special Forces to be with his brother soon after 9-11

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?i...artnersite=espn

Not like any death isnt horrible, but this is sad all the same. He seemed like a real good guy I heard him intervieved on the Jim Rome show. He would not allow any cameras to follow him threw basic, any special treatment, and I believe the Jim Rome show was his last interview right after he turned down the contract and joined the Army.
PMEmail Poster               
birddog20002001 
Posted: 23-Apr-2004, 10:45 AM
Quote Post

No Dude, It's the Isle of Dude, Dude.
Group Icon

Group: Isle of Man
ZodiacRowan

Realm: North Carolina

male

I really don't follow sports partially because of the fact that they are "not role models" and often prove it. Tillman is an American hero and a patriot that sacrificed when he could have lived in splendor and luxury. I remember when he joined. His family should be remembered for his gift.

--------------------
"when a person is prepared to die for a cause, and indeed to glory in such a death, it impossible to supress him or the cause it represents." Jawaharlal Nehru

"Only the suppressed word is dangerous." Ludwig Borne

"All of our freedoms are a single bundle, all must be secure if any is to be preserved." Dwight David Eisenhower

"All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are both immortal and divine." Socrates
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 23-Apr-2004, 11:22 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Randy I'm so glad you posted this article, Thank You. I just got work that my son is going to Aftganistan in December instead of Iraq. This really hits home with me.
What an incredible young man Pat Tillman was. The world will miss him.

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 23-Apr-2004, 05:21 PM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rėgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

At the same time I was watching the news where they had just reported the death of Pat Tillman I was also looking at a website forwarded to me by an old service buddy of mine. So to keep it short I'm posting a copy of the e-mail I sent to a number of my friends below:

I got this from my friend, my first boss in the "Fleet", and my "Brother in Arms", Gary Allen "Ernie" Young, CWO4 USN Retired, and here's what he said:

"A little somber but as you hit your knees to thank the Lord for all of our
blessings, please don't forget to say a prayer for all of our kids in harms
way.
Ern"

Have a hanky ready when you watch this, you're going to need it.

Click Here To http://www.armedforcestribute.com/ View.

Steve

PS: when you watch this think of the former Pro Football Player, Pat Tillman, and all those like him, who in the words of President Lincoln, "Gave the last full measure of devotion" to their country and won't ever be coming home to their loved ones. People like Mr. Tillman truly are my "Brothers and Sisters".

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;

William Shakespeare: King Henry V

"Faugh a Ballaugh"

MacE

This post has been edited by MacEoghainn on 23-Apr-2004, 07:35 PM

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
Š2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics Š2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt