> Samhain, How are you celebrating it?
Blackdog 
Posted: 31-Oct-2009, 12:38 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

male

So you Celts out there how do you acknowledge Samhain ,the passing into the dark side of the year?Personally, I do the traditional gourd carving,a face to ward off unwanted spirits as the viel between us and them thins. Usually will raise a dram of the most earthy single malt I have in stock, and as the evening darkens play some long slow aires on the pipes outside.
PMEmail Poster               
Leelee 
Posted: 31-Oct-2009, 02:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Alberta, Canada

female

Happy Halloween everyone!! ghost.gif I am in the process of carving the pumpkins, candy is ready to put on the table, set up the grim reaper (motion activated), grave stones are intact on the lawn, pumpkin lights up the stair banister (outdoors), have the creepy sounds disc ready to play, black light ready to click in action....donned in a Gypsy costume, I'll have a few wobbly pops to keep me warm from the draft coming from the door with all the lil' ghosts and goblins comin' a hollerin' biggrin.gif Love seeing the lil' ones all dressed in costume thumbs_up.gif Once it all dies down, I'll tune into a spooky movie to top off the evening......Make sure you keep the Jack'o Lanterns lit until Midnight to keep the evil spirits awa' cheers.gif

ghost.gif Have a Happy & Safe Halloween ghost.gif
PM               
flora 
Posted: 18-Sep-2010, 03:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

I read an article that decorating for Halloween has become one of the biggest of all the seasons. Since I live in Florida, I think many decorate just to "create seasons". I love this year's motion activated witch's broom and going through the stores and activating all the merchandise. Do you decorate for just the one day or do you try for the month? Do you find that you are doing more than before? I have grandchildren so I try to decorate for the month (yeah, that's the excuse I'm using). I was looking to update the glow in the dark eyes shower curtain and found some that where pretty gruesome, especially the one that has the shadow of a man with a knife as in Psycho! No I didn't go that route. What's on your list?

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
christineb1979 
Posted: 14-Oct-2010, 11:22 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacElder

male

Halloween is just near the corner and i would like to great you all, Happy Halloween. smile.gif..

--------------------
Some tips for a dog trainer: weimaraner obedience advice and weimaraner puppy training.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 18-Oct-2010, 07:37 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Happy Halloween to you christineb1979 and welcome to the forum.

I can't believe the end of October is almost here. Hot Caramel Cider for me this year. I don't know what's going to happen this year, didn't have one knock last year as our downtown merchants block off the streets and give out candy. Well this year they decided to to this on the 29th, so guess the kids will get two Halloweens. lol
I love roasting pumpkin seeds.

Have a fun and safe Halloween.
PMEmail Poster               
Rhymer 
  Posted: 19-Oct-2010, 08:25 AM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Kilsyth, Scotland

male

Call me a traditionalist, for me All hallows eve is about the end of summer and harvest. When the fertile earth goes to sleep and no crops grow. The passage into winter to await spring again, the turning of the year.Its also when the otherworld is closest to our world, when the dead rise and sek out those people they think should join them in the otherworld.Masks are worn to disguise one self from the dead. To the ancient Celt passing to the otherworld was considered an honour, they did not fear it in the way that the western ,modern world does.

--------------------
"We are the last people on earth, the last to be free": Calgacus
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Nancy-Raven 
Posted: 28-Nov-2010, 06:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Quebec

female

I know it's a bit late to talk of it but here is what I do since the last 5 years.I do organise a huge dinner for all my friend , or at least as much as the space of our little appartment can handle it.Most of the time I do it one or two weekend before Halloween depending of the people who are coming.Of course they have to be in costume and sometimes there is a theme to follow.I offer a big dinner with a lot of dessert and all wine , cider and beer is offer too.

For the part the wheel of the year is turning , sometimes we already have snow for Halloween.The day are shorter and the temperature is colder.For me , the winter knock at the door at this time and sometimes earlier when I saw the first snowflakes.

All our friend know at this time of the year this dinner is a tradition , you can miss it or they have to wait to the next year.I decorate my appt. all the month of october .I envy those of you who have sun and heat at this time of the year.

Nancy-Raven Hellifre
www.ravencostume.blogspot.com/
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]