Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Artist's Corner, where are you at with your artwork?
CelticRoz 
Posted: 23-Feb-2004, 05:21 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Angel Whitefang (Rider) @ Feb 23 2004, 04:24 PM)
Have you though of doing pastels of the people here? what you think they look like by the things the say? and then compair it to what pic they have posted.
I could never master pastels, I need a more definative line. I loved color pencils but never got the shading I wanted so I used charcole and paints.

Was there a mention of colored pencils???? dribble.gif

Angel, there are lots of really good colored pencil books out there to help you with shading techniques.

I've never tried pastels. Seems too messy to me and I am a neat freak when it comes to my artwork, plus I am too tight of a painter to loosen up like I would like to to use a medium such as pastels. I even have a hard time with being loose with oils! unsure.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
3Ravens 
Posted: 23-Feb-2004, 10:51 PM
Quote Post

Herbmistress of Erin
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: south coastal Virginia

female

I do most of my "artwork" with yarns and cloth. Knit, crochet, quilting, and clothing.
I like large projects like afghans the best cause I can actually make pictures.
I own a small loom, but have yet to take the time to teach myself to use it. Also have ideas for some clay work, but that's another thing I haven't made time for yet.

--------------------
If age is a learning experience, I should be a genius by now...
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 01-Mar-2004, 08:47 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Quilting is definately an art form, as are other styles like embroidery and needlepoint. For many years I loved to do crewel embroidery and cross-stitch but once I got married and our family started growing I had to decide whether I was going to spend my bit of free time in the studio or stitching... the studio won out.

You know, actually right now I am having a problem managing my time. I crave studio time, but then when the time comes to go in there it seems like a dozen chores all clamor for my attention & before I know it the day is gone.

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 02-Mar-2004, 04:10 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ Mar 1 2004, 09:47 AM)
Quilting is definately an art form, as are other styles like embroidery and needlepoint. For many years I loved to do crewel embroidery and cross-stitch but once I got married and our family started growing I had to decide whether I was going to spend my bit of free time in the studio or stitching... the studio won out.

You know, actually right now I am having a problem managing my time. I crave studio time, but then when the time comes to go in there it seems like a dozen chores all clamor for my attention & before I know it the day is gone.

I can totally relate Siobhan! I did some studio time this morning, after I did some housework, but I spend way too much time on here too to really get some serious artwork done. rolleyes.gif
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 04-Mar-2004, 06:26 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Isn't it hard to resist coming here all the time, though! Everyone is so much fun to talk to...

PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 04-Mar-2004, 09:24 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

It is for me very fun! However, I also tend to get really tense if my email box gets too loaded up. rolleyes.gif lamo.gif
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 09-Mar-2004, 07:28 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

I am so glad to see so much activity going on in here and in celtic hearts. Please keep on posting and lets get more Pictures in the ART WORK Thread.
angel.gif
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 15-Mar-2004, 07:16 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Well do you artists flop on a painting? I was working on a colored pencil portrait that turned out to be a real dud! boo hoo hoo hoo hoo! so I am restarting the portrait, but this time in oils! Hopefully, I can solve this problem and come out with a good painting as it is for my best friend.............me wishes, hopes, prays and pleads! crybaby.gif
silverdragon 
Posted: 15-Mar-2004, 02:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Tarzana, CA

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ Mar 15 2004, 05:16 AM)
Well do you artists flop on a painting? I was working on a colored pencil portrait that turned out to be a real dud! boo hoo hoo hoo hoo!  so I am restarting the portrait, but this time in oils! Hopefully, I can solve this problem and come out with a good painting as it is for my best friend.............me wishes, hopes, prays and pleads!  crybaby.gif

Oh yeah, lots of flops - last summer I hiked in about 1.5 mi. with oil painting equipment on my back to do a plein aire of an endangered lily species... total blech. sad.gif Just put that one into the trash... But usually, if the first is a dud, the next one rocks, so hang in there!

--------------------
Where now the horse and the rider? Where is the horn that was blowing?
Where is the helm and the hauberk, and the bright hair flowing?
Where is the hand on the harpstring, and the red fire glowing?
Where is the spring and the harvest and the tall corn growing?
They have passed like rain on the mountain, like a wind in the meadow
The days have gone down in the West behind the hills into shadow
Who shall gather the smoke of the dead wood burning
Or behold the flowing years from the Sea returning?

~ J.R.R. Tolkien

My blog: Almost, but not quite, entirely unrelated to filmmaking
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 16-Mar-2004, 01:13 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks Silverdragon! Wow! After all that work for you and it didn't turn out like you would have liked... I know that feeling all too well. It seems like I have been on a run lately and doing a series of flops! sad.gif
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 19-Mar-2004, 09:05 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Listen, even 'flops' can be useful - if you learn something from your mistakes. Actually no painting is a total failure if you look at it that way... its all a learning process.

But then again, I know what it feels like to have a series of works that aren't what I hoped to do; I went through several drawings that were all overworked and ended up tearing up most of them. Its very discouraging, very VERY frustrating too.

CelticR, don't get too discouraged. Keep trying, oils or pencils, because I am sure that your friend is going to be delighted with whatever you do!!

PM               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 20-Mar-2004, 11:19 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

That's the nice thing about working words, I guess. Even if a piece flops completely, the idea is still there and maybe sometime later you can browse over the failutre and pull something meaningful from it. Never throw away anything! Even a flop has a purpose and can prove useful later on.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 20-Mar-2004, 02:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (Aaediwen @ Mar 20 2004, 12:19 PM)
That's the nice thing about working words, I guess. Even if a piece flops completely, the idea is still there and maybe sometime later you can browse over the failutre and pull something meaningful from it. Never throw away anything!

Isn't it wierd sometimes, how you'll write something and its going well until you hit a snag and the words seems to just not fit... but if you put it aside, a day or a week later you can go back and read it, see exactly where it went sour, and then know what to say that sounds right!
PM               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 20-Mar-2004, 06:09 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ Mar 19 2004, 10:05 AM)
CelticR, don't get too discouraged. Keep trying, oils or pencils, because I am sure that your friend is going to be delighted with whatever you do!![/color][/font]

Thank you friend! I hope it will turn out for my dear friend too. I have been working on it a little each day as the oils will allow for me to. wink.gif biggrin.gif
Aaediwen 
Posted: 22-Mar-2004, 06:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

QUOTE (Siobhan Blues @ Mar 20 2004, 03:12 PM)
if you put it aside, a day or a week later you can go back and read it, see exactly where it went sour, and then know what to say that sounds right!

Exactly! I put "Last of the Forest Fae" Aside for a month trying to figure out how to get it to work right before it finally worked. I've got an image in my head I'm milling over atm. It's just not working. All I had for the last wek has been a concept, no proper words to go along with it. I finally got some words for it yesterday, but they seem to be all wrong. She's kneeling, head in hands, crying..... She has seen a thousand tomorrows, lived a thousand yesterdays. All... gone wrong. Now she mourns. Mourns the loss of ages. Her tears tell her story. A story of joy told in pain. The tree.... burns, as she, the mother goddess perhaps, watches hopelessly, weaping. Screaming in agony. Her wail heard by all.
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]