Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #105
196,027 Gold!

This past Easter we wanted to cook something other than the traditional Ham, so we purchased a 3 pound Rib Roast. Since I am the youngest of my family, most of the kids (nieces and nephews) are grown so a few of my brothers were going out to eat and a few living in different states where staying put.

So we found ourselves home for Easter. The 3 pound Rib Roast was perfect for a family of 5.

Here is how we cooked it. First mixed some salt, pepper, garlic and rubbed the roast down. We cooked it on a rack with a pan to catch the drippings.

Took the roast out of the fridge an hour before cook time to let it rise to room temperature. Then we pre-heat the oven to 475 and cooked it for 15 minutes (5 minutes a pound). We then turned the oven off and watched the meat temperature until it reached about 125. It took about an hour. Do not open the oven at all during this period.

Take the roast out and wrap in foil and it will cook for an additional 15 minutes. To our surprise the Rib Roast came out perfectly medium rare. Beautiful red through but fully cooked and tender.

We complimented the Roast with a broccoli casserole. 3-4 pounds of broccoli crowns, boiled then baked with Velvetti cheese and a package of golden buttery crackers ground up. Made a sweet potato casserole that was topped with mini marshmallows. Had rolls and butter and we were well on our way to Easter Bliss!

Did I mention the chocolate Truffle half egg shape cake for desert? rolleyes.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
munchkin5450 
Posted: 01-May-2014, 06:32 AM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Palatine, IL

female

Sounds absolutely delicious! You can cook for me anytime.. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
MacFive 
Posted: 07-May-2014, 05:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #105
196,027 Gold!

Sure anytime you are in the area1 biggrin.gif I love to cook!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]