Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Prayers For Christina Wojcik
ghost 
Posted: 21-Aug-2005, 08:35 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Glad to hear the tide is turning. That the perseverance and support have been making the waves necessary to end the outrageousness and get down to what really matters!
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 23-Aug-2005, 02:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
221,761 Gold!

We have not been updating her site with the latest information because the hospital seems to be trying to stay one step ahead of us.

That might be changing this week. We have pilots volunteering, hospitals, nurses and professional staff. As I speak right now my wife (Killian) just received a call from a very well known senators office. They started calling early today.

So far, we have a flight from North Carolina to Boston and we are trying to find a way to get her from Largo to North Carolina. I think if it does not happen this week, then things will not be as lined up as everything seems to be coming together.

We have filed a complaint with various organization because Largo Medical center in Florida is letting her become atrophy (20%) because they will not do any physical therapy.

Well, hopefully we will have some good news soon. If we can just get her to Boston where they have the best doctors and facilities for this, then she will have the best chance possible to see if recovery is possible. Where she is now, they just want to leave her in a bed 24/7, shut the door and forget about her.....it is sad that medical professionals have no interest in helping her.

If we get her to Boston, we will be making a list of people that would like to donate time to sit with her. Reading a book, playing music.....really just stimulating her is what she needs at this point. Of course, anyone here in the Boston area would be welcome to help out in that way. 90% of her recovery will happen during the 1st year, but as someone said to me "If you don't use it, you lose it".

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 23-Aug-2005, 02:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Tempe, Arizona USA

female

sad.gif It is sad that a hospital full of those who...want to help/heal others are turning such a blind eye to her...thank goodness her family will NOT let that happen! I wish I was on that side of the states because I would be more than happy to sit with her a few hours a week. I know when my Mom was in her last stages, it was through the kindness of others that our family made it through...but it does sound as though her support group is just as strong! My prayers are still with all of you...crossing fingers that all will come together and she can be moved quickly and safely to Boston! My best goes with you Macfive and family...

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 23-Aug-2005, 09:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

Keep on keeping on, til you get her out of there. It is very exasperating, these delays, because time really does matter. Have your parents had some coaching about basic range of motion things to do with her, so she doesn't freeze up, and preventing foot drop and sores? I gather they are the ones who see her daily. And the idea of tapes of music and human voices, anything meaningful to her, is the best. When people come out of such things and tell what memories they have, it never fails that their hearing comprehension was much more than anyone suspected.

Her age is on her side, though, and such good, strong people fighting for her. I hope in a year's time you are all talking about it among you, including Christina, as a nightmare that's been long awakened from and fading into the past.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 24-Aug-2005, 08:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
221,761 Gold!

Life is definitely a roller coaster at times. After I wrote the above message everything fell apart. An organization called Christian Pilots could not fly her until next week. We could not find anyone to fly her to the transfer point. The hospital refused to let her fly any other way but med evac which is very expensive. They would not even release her to a senators personal jet!

First, I would like to say that I am sure there are good people at Largo Medical Center - but it is the people that are in charge that are the problem. In fact, they stated this week that if we could not move her then she would be transferred to a nursing home which as you can imagine is not what we want to happen at this time.

So, in our hour of darkest despair, because it certainly seemed that the tide had switched on us, something amazing happened - we got a call that she will be flown today to Boston Brigham & Woman's hospital! We are not sure who is behind this, but I will post a message today if it does indeed happen. The cost for med evac is between $12,000 and $20,000!

Oh, and the Chief of Staff at Largo stated to her Dad that it is amazing, there is Brain Activity - he called it a miracle.

The MacArthur Children are busy coloring pictures for Christina and we hope by night fall she is in Boston.

Thanks for all those wings on a prayer!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
ghost 
Posted: 24-Aug-2005, 09:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (Macfive @ 24-Aug-2005, 06:04 AM)
Life is definitely a roller coaster at times.
So, in our hour of darkest despair, because it certainly seemed that the tide had switched on us, something amazing happened -
Oh, and the Chief of Staff at Largo stated to her Dad that it is amazing, there is Brain Activity - he called it a miracle.

Thanks for all those wings on a prayer!

They continue Macfive, they continue.
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 24-Aug-2005, 10:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
221,761 Gold!

It is 12:37 p.m. and the flight crew is now prepping Christina for the ambulance ride to clearwater and then transport via med evac to logan airport in Boston, MA.

Her room is waiting for her at Brigham & Woman's hospital.

This is really a miracle. We have no idea who is paying for this but they are certainly angels on earth!!

We will probably be posting more to Christina's website soon
MDF3530 
  Posted: 24-Aug-2005, 03:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Be sure to thank your senator whose last name begins with a K thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
Aaediwen 
Posted: 24-Aug-2005, 04:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

QUOTE (Macfive @ 24-Aug-2005, 11:45 AM)
It is 12:37 p.m. and the flight crew is now prepping Christina for the ambulance ride to clearwater and then transport via med evac to logan airport in Boston, MA.

Her room is waiting for her at Brigham & Woman's hospital.

This is really a miracle. We have no idea who is paying for this but they are certainly angels on earth!!

We will probably be posting more to Christina's website soon

WOOTAGE! There be hope!

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 24-Aug-2005, 07:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
221,761 Gold!

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 24-Aug-2005, 05:00 PM)
Be sure to thank your senator whose last name begins with a K thumbsup.gif

Politics is one thing, humanity is another and I will say that the senator from Massachusetts is obviously a very caring man and individual.

We are not sure who is behind this "Act of Kindess" - we have a short list of 10 people that we came in touch with - or perhaps it is just someone we have know knowledge about - whoever it is they are a walking Angel on earth!

My wife (Killian) and daughter Vicki are meeting Christina and her Mom at the hospital as I write this. We stopped at Build a Bear workshop and had them make up a bear for her as well as some special color drawings to hang on her wall.

The power of prayer really works. I am so amazed of how things turned out. We feel so good about the developments in the past 24 hours - of course - the real work begins now with rehabilitation and finding out exactly what Christina's rehab potentiol is. What is amazing is the hospital n Florida never once explained anything to the parents, what exactly is wrong or did any extensive testing.

Here is Christina's website. We have updated it with the latest information and a new song for a new day!

http://justiceforchristina.blogspot.com/

Thanks again for everyones prayers!
CelticRadio 
Posted: 26-Aug-2005, 03:47 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
221,761 Gold!

Just a note that from this time going forward we will be placing all information on Christina at her website:

http://justiceforchristina.blogspot.com

Now that she is in good care, we are not worried about what is placed on her journal. We had been worried the hospital in Largo Florida was monitoring that site.

Again my thanks and appreciation for all of the prayers and well wishes. While it will not be determined for a while whether Christina can improve, time will only tell.

For me, I will be able to get back to a little web developing as I am charged with watching the kids while family visits occur. It has been very draining the past week with little sleep and lots of phone calls and such.

Thanks again everyone!
Aaediwen 
Posted: 26-Aug-2005, 04:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

Prayers continue!
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 17-Sep-2005, 09:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
221,761 Gold!

I am sorry to report that Christina has passed away. We did everything that was possible to try and save her, but it was just not to be.

She is at peace now.

I'd like to thank everyone for their prayers and wishes.

WizardofOwls 
Posted: 17-Sep-2005, 09:46 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Oh, Paul! I am so sorry to hear this! My prayers are with you and your family.

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 17-Sep-2005, 10:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
42,879 Gold!

I am so sorry Paul. I know that you and the rest of Christina's family must be hurting terribly right now. You have my prayers for emotional healing for all of you. Remember that the love she and her family had for each other will transcend even this.

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]