> For Ladies Only, No Boys Allowed
Maddie 
Posted: 06-Jul-2005, 07:50 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

female

I can't stand it but I'm getting depressed again. One reason is that I lost the love for my husband a while ago and it's just not coming back.

The reasons are many and of course it's my fault as well.

bleh, but what's the future for a woman not 20 anymore, with two kids? None.
Do I need a man in my life? No. Still. Who wants to stay alone? grrr.

Anyway I signed up for counselling, gonna be an interesting experience.
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
  Posted: 06-Jul-2005, 08:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Interesting discussions girls!

I'm not sure a Private is going to get promoted if he continually spits in the upper commands face if he goes over their heads....that just isn't done. It's a sure thing to the end of a possible career if you want it.

The military isn't unpredictable, it's the government and their wheels turn at a different speed than private industry.

Anytime you involve the government (or military) it takes time to get funds from them whether it's a pay raise, promotions, re-enlistment bonus, moving allowance or retirement accounts established.

If he plans on making the military a career It's not advisable to tick off the command.

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 06-Jul-2005, 09:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Hey I agree that if you do that constantly in the Army you have problems.

But so far my husband took care of his own problems in the Army and never had such a run-around as now with his money. After 10 years in the Army you know how the systems works.

I guess after over 3000 cases are being reviewed because bonuses were promised and not paid - he wanted to make sure he gets his very first and also his very last bonus in the Army. After 10 years in his job - you are not elgible for a bonus anymore. We always got paid in time - never had a problem at all, not with moving expenses or anything.

But when you come to find out that the reenlistment officer doesn't take care of his job and leaves paperwork laying around and don't turn it in so you don't get paid - you are starting to wonder. Especially if others are getting their bonus. So after much back and forth my husband said - it's time to take action. He didn't like it but I understand his way of thinking.

We informed the congressman, that the matter is now being taken care off and the company will now check weekly what's going on with his bonus and the ones of several other soldiers which are also still waiting at least as long as my husband.

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 07-Jul-2005, 04:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

Hi all! I just wanted to check in and say hi. I've been playing hookie. wink.gif No particular reason...just needed a break I guess! rolleyes.gif

My foot is sorta healed. I went to practice yesterday and it was a bit painful. I put in some gel insoles, and also wore some "ouch pouches", which are gel pads for dancers. Even with all that there was some pain, but I'll deal with it 'cause I have a competition in 3 weeks.

I haven't had time to really read everyone's posts, so I hope everyone is doing ok. My husband's sister has stage 3 liver disease and they're treating it like cancer. And my brother-in-law's wife has 2 blood clots in her arms, so she's back on blood thinners. Things have been a bit hectic! unsure.gif Everyone in my husband's family is seeming to have bad luck. I just hope my foot was the worst of any bad luck coming our way! rolleyes.gif Heck, that's SOOO minor in comparison to the other health problems going around.

I've gotta run. I'll check in with you guys later! cool.gif

Shelly

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 07-Jul-2005, 10:53 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Hello all, It's been a while since I've checked in, some very interesting reading here! biggrin.gif It seems like the days go by so fast I can't keep up with everything I need to. A friend of hubby's and mine is coming for a visit the last week-end of this month. I need to do some serious housecleaning, I just can't get in the groove. I have a 3 day week-end which starts tomorrow, I hope the mood will strike and I can get something done. Of course it would probably help if I stayed off of the motorcycle with hubby. Can't get housework done when you stay gone for hours.
Last Saturday hubby and I went to my brother's daughter's wedding in Tenn. We rode the motorcycle there and it took us about 4 hours including the stops to rest and eat. My sister and her husband from Indiana rode with us. You'll never guess were the wedding was at, on a 150 acre farm in a barn! Of course the barn had been cleaned out. No cow or horse poop around! biggrin.gif There was plenty of food and drinks. The first wedding that I've wore my Levi jeans to! biggrin.gif Later on in the evening my brother and his wife, my sister and her husband and hubby and me rode on into Gatlinburg, Dollywood and Seiverville. We stopped in Gatlinburg and walked around to ease our tired butts! Got back to the motel around 11:30 that night and called it a night. Woke up to fireworks being let off at a dirt track that was close by. Got up the next morning and took off for home. We took the scenic route home, stopped in Abingdon Va. at two big flea markets that are in what used to be tobacco barns. It was a fun time and that's why I can't get any housework done. We're getting lots of rain so maybe I won't be able to go out this week-end.
Today, Friday I go for my yearly woman's check-up! As a reminder to all you ladies...don't forget the pap smear and if your over the age of 40 the mammogram.

Take care all and I hope everyone has a good week-end!

maggiemahone1

maggiemahone1
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 08-Jul-2005, 02:36 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

Hello ladies,

I wish first of all good health and speedy recovery to all of you and your loved ones.

And now some good news - we got our bonus yesterday and are now officially debt free! (excluding the cars - but that's something you more and likely have always).

It feels so nice to not worry about creditcard payments anymore. I am so excitied.

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

And when husband comes home in August we plan on shredding all the credit cards with the exception of one. thumbup.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Moon Child 
Posted: 08-Jul-2005, 11:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Saskatchewan, Canada

female

Hi gal pals,

Monarch, all I have to say to you girl is.... toot.gif Now you'll have to have a party and we'll all come!! band.gif pizza.gif pepsi.gif

Maddie, I hope the counselling goes well for you. I know what it feels like to be lonely but have faith that you will find a man when you least expect it!! hug.gif to you

Irish Stepper, it's good to hear that your back up and practicing again with your foot. Are you still going to compete even if your foots still a bit sore??
Sorry to hear your husband's family's not doing well, it good to hear though that their really serious about your sister in-law liver disease. I wish her well.

Maggie, that's awesome to hear you had a good time at the wedding. I've never heard of people being able to wear jeans to wedding. I've heard of country weddings but not that country. laugh.gif When you talk about you and your hubby going for trips on your bike, it brings back memories of my childhood when my parents had two motorcycles and they use to take my brother and I on them all the time. Then when we got older we each got a dirt bike and boy were they fun!! I've never driven a motorcycle before but definitely want to learn and then save up for one... happy.gif
As for the yearly check up I have mine next Tuesday. But I'm happy since after this one I get one done in a year instead of 6 months!! clap.gif I've been getting them done every 6 months for the past two years!! The reason is that I had abnormal cells and had day surgery done. They tested to see if the cells would go back to normal or turn cancerous. Well they turned cancerous so that's why I have to check-ups every 6 months but this one is my last!!

CR, how's the van doing?? Is it still in the shop??? Car's still not fixed but going to the mechanics this weekend for sure!!! Did you get your new bank card already?? I haven't had any problems with my account which I'm happy about!!

As for me things are going well. I just got off work this morning from my 8 night in a row rotation and don't have to work till Tuesday night but then it's another long haul of work with 4 on, 1 off then 5 on again. My friend from Saskatchewan might be coming in this weekend, I don't know yet. Other than that things are going good for me!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!!! cheers.gif
PMEmail Poster                
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 08-Jul-2005, 04:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

Hey Moon Child...yeah, I plan to compete on it, if I'm able to. I've already missed the past 2 competitions that I was signed up for. Plus, starting in August or September, I'll be on a 6 month suspension from competing. I've had it with my current dance teacher and am going to switch schools. However, doing so, will result in a forced 6 months off from the Feis circuit. It prevents schools from recruiting a high caliber dancer just to win an upcoming competition, so I understand it. My current teacher really neglects her adult dancers, since we have no chance of hitting the big time and winning world championships, she doesn't invest the time and effort into us that we'd like to see. Because of my foot problems, I asked her what dance shoe she'd recommend to keep from injuring it further. All she did was give me the 4 main brand names and told me to check into it and get what's right for me. If that wasn't a blow off! Just 4 weeks prior, she gave a specific recommendation to one of her "pets" in our adult class. That other girl helps her teach one of the kids classes. So needless to say, I was ticked. That was only the latest of things that have made me mad...the last straw I guess. So anyway...yes I'm going to compete with it! laugh.gif

My problem right now isn't even with my foot. It doesn't hurt at all after wednesday's practice. Right now, it's my calf muscles that are screaming at me for abusing them after 2 straight months off! rolleyes.gif
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 09-Jul-2005, 06:11 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey ladies!

Irish stepper! So good to see you! I have been wondering where you went off to! So glad you came back. Sorry your foot is still acting up and now your calf too. Hope you can get all healed up and back to dancing and competition. I would imagine that Irish dancing is very hard on your body. I bought a video of it and tried to teach myself to do it.......no way! laugh.gif Too hard on my back anyway, but it sure looks like fun.

Maddie, I am so sorry to hear of what you are going through right now. I hope you and your counselor will get along well and help solve some issues and make the important decisions you may need to make in the future.

Monarch! Very very happy to hear that you and hubby got your bonus! Whew! It is a shame how our government treats our military who is out there doing all the dirty work for them and us civilians.

Moonchild! I finally got my van out of the shop Thursday afternoon! Arrgh! I had so much to do yesterday and I went to the ATM to get some cash and blanked out on my debit card number. Ever do that? so stupid! rolleyes.gif Anyway, after the third time it ate my card and I have to wait 10 days before I get a new one! ohmy.gif

Hey Maggie! So good to see you! Glad to know things are going well. That wedding you went to sounds like a real hoot! Bet that was a wonderful time had by all. Hope you had fun at the "lady doctor." Did all that a few months ago myself. rolleyes.gif

Well hello to everyone else. Hope all is well and happy.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 10-Jul-2005, 07:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

Hi galpals,

Whew....so much going on! Hard to keep up with everything, but it sure it good to see you all here!!! biggrin.gif

IS...Missed ya, gal! Glad to see you back. Hope your foot continues to heal as you start putting it through the steps! wink.gif After 2 months, I imagine you are going to be sore for awhile.

Maddie...so sorry that you are going through such a rough time. Hopefully, you will find a compassionate therapist that can help you through this. They can certainly be of help. And we are here for you if you want to talk::hug

Monarch...what good news! Always feels good to be debt free. I remember being that way once!! rolleyes.gif

Moonchild...did you enjoy the stampede? I would love to get to one sometime. As far as your ex is concerned, I agree with CR....go with your head (but think with your head while you are at it) smile.gif

Maggie...Sounds like you had a great trip. Go as often as you can....house work can wait!! wink.gif

SB...I agree that there's nothing like pot of happy flowers. I love pots of flowers on the deck, all kinds. I will be looking for the book you recommended, "Gifts from the Sea". It sounds like a good book to read.

CR...Glad you finally got your van back. Isn't it maddening when the machine takes your card!! Happened to me while on a trip. Thank goodness the bank was able to retrieve it for me the next morning when they did the daily maintence. Now I ise my bank card as a visa, it requires a signature, but I don't have to remember any numbers.

Hi to everyone else.

Hope that everyone's sick family members are on the mend.

Have a great day!! smile.gif

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
Moon Child 
Posted: 10-Jul-2005, 12:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Saskatchewan, Canada

female

Hi gals, just stoping in to say hi!!

Irish Stepper, it's good to hear that your foot is doing better and your going to compete!! I'm sorry to hear that you have to switch schools but if I was in your situation I totally would too. I hate how people have favorites with whatever you do being work or doing interests you have. Like sure if you have favorites fine but don't flaunt it to everyone else and make people feel bad!!!

CR, that's good to hear you finally got your van back!!! With my card when I first got it I forget my telephone banking pin# and had to go in and get a new one. Then last week I lost my new card and had to go again into the bank and get a new card. I changed my new pin as well since I wasn't too sure of the pin#.

BluegrassLady, I haven't gone to the stampede yet but I'm going later on tonight when it cools down a bit!!

Well things with me have been busy the past couple of days. My girlfriend from Saskatchewan came into town this morning at about 7am. When I saw her we both hugged tight and both started to cry!! She's in town till next Saturday so between working all this week I'm going to try and spend as much time as I can with her!! She gave me two presents when she got in town. She gave me a really nice necklace and an amethyst stone to put on my silver chain I wear now. I'll have to take a new pic so you guys can see the cool design in the necklace that she gave me!!!

Things with the ex are ok. It's getting a bit easier every time I talk to him but when I see him that's when I get a bit down. He called me the other morning and told me that he had some bad news from the doctor. He told me that he's found out that he has bone disease and it's progressed in the last six months. The doctor told him that he has gaps between his knees and is surprised he's still walking. He also said that it's going to progress into the rest of his joints and he might end up in a wheelchair! I told Terry (my ex) that all this time over the past two years that he's been seeing other doctors all they were doing was giving him pain killers and setting him up to get knee surgery done and now it won't even help!!! I told him though that he doesn't have to deal with this on his own that I will be there for him but only as a friend. I can barely handle that sometimes! wink.gif

Hope everyone is doing well otherwise!!!
PMEmail Poster                
CelticRoz 
Posted: 10-Jul-2005, 08:14 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Wow Moonchild! You ex is having to deal with a lot! I am sorry to hear that about him. Um........being cautious here. Hope he doesn't use that to try to get you back more than a friend. unsure.gif

Sounds like you have had your share of debit card problems too. Well my bank is an hour from here, so I had to use the ATM here in my town. That will be the last time I do something stupid like that. It will take me 10 days to get a new one! I usually use mine as a credit card too, but I was at the post office getting a postal money order and they required a debit card or cash. Harumph!

I bought a new exercise DVD yesterday at Wal-mart. Anybody heard of Leslie Sansone? She does the Walk Away the Pounds series and they are really very good. I have them all on video but they are for 2, 3 and 4 miles and my back can't tolerate that anymore. So I found one for just 1 mile and I figured that would be better than nothing, eh? My doctor keeps saying the best thing I could do is walk, but it is so painful after awhile. So I think I can handle 1 mile a day.......I hope. I will let you know. I am still at 30 lbs loss. haven't gained and haven't lost so I gotta do something to jump start my system to losing weight again.

I go to our Highland games this coming weekend to see Diana Gabaldon. We are trying to work out having dinner with her too! yay! I bought a couple new books at Wal-mart too..............Highland romance of course! rolleyes.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Annabelle 
Posted: 10-Jul-2005, 08:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Monarch I'm surprised they Army or any branch would drag it's heals right now but then that is the military.

My hubby was in for 20+years so I know how frustrating it can be. But if he wants to stay in he for his protection needs to follow the chain of command as much as possible.

My son is in the Army at the 32nd Airbourne Division at Ft Bragg NC. (yea, those crazy guys who like to jump out of perfectly good airplanes, I still don't understand that one)

Why It's still working?

Did everyone know "Geronimo" is buried behind the Officer's Club in Oklahoma, the training base for the Army? Guess it would be too much to have the jump training school and basic over around the District of Columbia. It would take longer to yell " John Quincy Adams" than "Geronimo"! Go figure!

Hang in there everyone! Tomorrow's another Day! Thank God!!!
PMEmail Poster               
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 11-Jul-2005, 06:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

Hi gals...

Annabelle.....good to see you. How are you? Did you make it to the Grandfather Mtn Games this past weekend? I would have loved to go....hopefully next year. wink.gif

Moonchild....I was rereading my previous post and saw that I said to "follow your head and think with your head". Meant to say, follow your heart but think with your head. Sorry about that... guess I had better start proofreading a bit more. rolleyes.gif I am sorry to hear about your ex's health problems.
Did you make it to the stampede?

CelticRose...Yes, I have the walking tapes from Leslie Sansone. Haven't used them recently tho. Guess I had better get back to them...my doctor told me to walk too. It's a shame we are so far from each other. Always more fun to walk with a friend. smile.gif

Irish Stepper...have you found a new dance teacher yet? How's your muscles feeling?????

Hi to everyone else.....
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 11-Jul-2005, 12:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Good afternoon, everyone!

We're enjoying a few minutes of sunshine, after the fringe of hurricane Dennis' wrath caused a fair bit o' trouble in the last day or so... I can hear the chainsaws next door, cutting up a very tall black locust tree that fell in my elderly neighbor's yard blocking her driveway. I chatted with her earlier and she has a leak in a bedroom too, right over the bed! Poor lady. How relieved I am that we re-roofed our house only a few months ago, otherwise I'd be putting buckets in every room! laugh.gif

SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]