Posted: 07-Jan-2007, 07:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

Hello everyone!!!

I'm here at my folks' house again, doing laundry and looking through the help wanted ads.

I brought my iPod with me and plugged it into my parents' computer speakers. I'm listening to "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam right now. They have some 10 year old Altec Lansing speakers that still sound good despite their age.

Rindy, I bought Creative Inspire T3030 speakers. It's two speakers, a subwoofer and a wired remote with both bass and volume controls and a headphone outlet. I paid $50 for them at Staples.

--------------------
Mike F.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 09-Jan-2007, 03:11 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all! Brother in law is here, but visiting with other family members at this time down in Tucson so that gives us a break as my hubby is even more sick at with this crud and needs some much needed rest. BIL will be back here though in a few days before he returns to beautiful Oregon!

We are having incredible weather right now. I am back in capris and flip-flops. Love it! I have several art and photography projects going on, but gotta learn this new camera I just bought. It seems overwhelming right now, but I bet it won't be after I play with it more.

I also was really bad in the "getting out Christmas cards" department this past 2006. So I decided to make up Happy New Year cards and have been sending those out. I made them up on Shutterfly that has three pics on there, me and hubby, a desert flower that blooms in my front yard every year and our two furry kids. So maybe people will laugh that I sent out New Year cards and perhaps I will start a new trend, eh? wink.gif And perhaps I will have my act more together next Christmas season. unsure.gif

Mike, good luck on the job search. I hear now is a good time to change or find jobs. the speakers you bought for your ipod. does that just hook up to the ipod or can you hook them up to your pc? sorry, I am not up to date on all things electronical. Things come out new and so fast nowadays. It blows my mind!

Firecracker! An apple green Capris?! Now I have never seen that color before in that style of car. It does indeed sound like a derby car. Hope you are doing well. The new Honda I bought 6 months ago is gold metalic. I believe every SUV that year used the same color. I can't tell you the countless times I have walked up to the wrong SUV in the parking lot. Plus, mid-size SUVs just all look alike now! laugh.gif At least you have a car you can find the in the parking lot! LOL

Well hello to everyone else. Take care and speak to you soon!
Firecracker 
Posted: 09-Jan-2007, 10:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

female

CR.. that reminded me of a funny story
I use to carry out at Winn Dixie. I was taking a young lady out with her children.
We go to a white SUV and she is having a heck of a time getting it unlocked. We try for several minutes when it dawns on her that we might be trying to get into the wrong car.
We turn around and sure enough~in the next aisle is her car.
A gentleman waiting for his wife to come out had a good chuckle watching us two ladies make a fool of ourselves. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Let's not and say we did"
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 09-Jan-2007, 11:53 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

hey Firecracker! I can believe that story totally. One time I took the guy from Safeway who was to help me with my groceries out to a Toyota Highlander instead of my Honda Pilot. they were the same color and almost looked alike. Was so funny! I was in the Walmart parking lot the other day and me and this one lady could not find our cars as they all looked alike. We were having a good laugh! laugh.gif

Talk to you soon!
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 11-Jan-2007, 08:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Doing a fly-by...just to say hello to one and all!
Hope the new year is going well. So far so good for me and the family.
TTFN

tomcat.gif
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 11-Jan-2007, 08:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

Good to hear from you, JP. Glad things are going well! Take care and have a great day!

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
CelticRoz 
Posted: 12-Jan-2007, 02:34 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hello all! All is going well here. brother in law is still here, but leaves tomorrow evening. I hope for no visitors for months! LOL I am just tired of entertaining right now and have been getting behind in several projects I need to tend to. I blew one already and when hubby comes home and finds out...oops! unsure.gif don't worry, he is not mean or anything, but he will certainly scold me! rolleyes.gif Oh well, ya just can't do everything sometimes!

Weather is taking a different change. It has been warm and lovely, but now we have rain and much cooler temps. Did I ever tell you I hate to be cold? laugh.gif

I got all my New Years cards out...yippee! All else is doing well. Just trying to learn how to use my new camera..eep! I know how to shoot a photo if I need to, but that is it! LOL

Hubby is all better from his cold, so that is good. Not much else to report. Talk to you soon!

Rindy 
Posted: 12-Jan-2007, 04:49 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Cute JP!!! I am also doing one of those... Its good to see you all..oh CR, you don't have the white rat problems that AZ is having? Hope not.

Did you guys read that guy got stung by a scorpion on the airplane-ouch!

Gotta go...have a good weekend..

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 12-Jan-2007, 11:01 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

White rat problems? Not familiar with that one...yet! What the heck?! But so very familiar with scorpions though. My neighbor told me she got stung in bed the other night! Terrific! Eep. Hubby has been stung in bed as well. I have yet to be stung but have been killing many of these nasty creatures in my house lately.

Stung by a scorpion on an airplane?! Oh gosh! Just never know where these creatures will turn up! unsure.gif
Dreamer1 
Posted: 13-Jan-2007, 07:51 PM
Quote Post

Mistress of the Hearth Fires, Dreamer of the Woods
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: New England

female

Scorpions??!? YIKES!!! CR - I think I'll keep the cold winters! scared.gif

Hi Everyone!
Just poppin' in to see what's going on with all of you, and hoping you're all okay. We're celebrating our eldest's b-day this weekend (the big day was yesterday!), and I'm still (slowly) putting Christmas things away. Always hate to do that, so I take my time rolleyes.gif - it'll be done by the end of this month laugh.gif

Take care all! I'm off to get caught up now.......

--------------------
Look with the eyes of a child.

'Hope guides me. It is what gets me through the day, and especially the night.' -- A Knight's Tale
"I talk to you as I talk to my own soul...and, Sassenach,” he whispered, “your face is my heart.” -- Jamie Fraser, "Dragonfly In Amber" by Diana Gabaldon
user posted image
@Dremnghrt on Twitter, Dreamnghrt on tumblr - come say Hi!
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Perkeo 
Posted: 14-Jan-2007, 02:25 PM
Quote Post

Lord of the Drink
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Indianapolis, IN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #1
4,499,991 Gold!

King of CelticRadio!

Clan: AWARE

I just hope the sequal to "Snakes on a plane" isn't "Scorpions on a plane"....LOL

Hope every one is having a great start to the year!!!!

--------------------
Member since 2004
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 14-Jan-2007, 04:46 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (Perkeo @ 14-Jan-2007, 03:25 PM)
I just hope the sequal to "Snakes on a plane" isn't "Scorpions on a plane"....LOL

Hope every one is having a great start to the year!!!!

Bahahahahhahaha! Perkeo! Honestly? I think I would rather have scorpions. I have seen my share of snakes in this desert and I hate them even more. I killed a rattle snake once cause I was protecting my dogs, but it was very stupid of me. I am very good at killing scorpions though. Sorry if there those of you who do not believe in harming a fly, but I do! If you are a venomous bug or snake, your off to another life already...if you believe in reincarnation too. wink.gif

Dreamer, even in the coldest weather here in the desert all the scorpions come inside to stay warm...sigh. Nice, eh? LOL

all is well here. Just a wee bit chilly. It is about 43 degrees here so I am staying in ! Not much else going on, but wanted to say hello and keep in touch.

Talk to you all soon!

MDF3530 
  Posted: 14-Jan-2007, 05:12 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Midlothian, IL

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 09-Jan-2007, 03:11 PM)
Mike, good luck on the job search. I hear now is a good time to change or find jobs. the speakers you bought for your ipod. does that just hook up to the ipod or can you hook them up to your pc? sorry, I am not up to date on all things electronical. Things come out new and so fast nowadays. It blows my mind!

Hello everyone!!!

I'm here at my parents' house, doing laundry and looking through the help wanted ads. Later, my sister and her family are coming over for dinner.

I was watching the Bears-Seahawks game. My Bears won, 27-24 on a field goal in overtime. Next week, they host New Orleans in the NFC Championship. The road to Miami (host site of the Super Bowl) goes through Chicago this year.

CR, to answer your question, the jack for computer speakers is the same kind of jack on headphones, so you can plug computer speakers into a computer or any kind of audio device.
Keltic 
Posted: 14-Jan-2007, 10:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario  Canada

male

Hi all from the northern tropic of Canada!!! Usually at this time of year my barbecue is so deep in snow, the grill is at my knees which makes it uncomfortable to cook with but when you need a steak, you need a steak!!!! Anyways, this year, no snow, above freezing which in Canada means t-shirts and road hockey. I've seen people out on their Harley's and there was a picture in the newspaper of someone waterskiing in the Ottawa River last weekend.

I was hoping to have my new line of jewellery out before Christmas but I have been fighting with the company hosting my website so it's been rough going for the last couple of months. We found out that a lot of e-mail was not getting through to us and we don't know how long this has been going on. Anyways, I have been a wee bit stressed and unable to concentrate on carving. I am moving our site to a new host soon and after a much needed break around Christmas, I am back to work and hope to have my new pieces done soon.

Speaking of snakes, that's what we got our six year old for Christmas!!! He has a pet baby cornsnake!! Now our house is home to a hedgehog, two leopard geckoes and a cornsnake (oh yeah...and four children).

Anyways, Happy New Year to everyone!!!!

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
valpal59 
Posted: 15-Jan-2007, 01:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

Just stopped in to say hi.

CR--the glucosimine chrondrotin is Spring Valley (I think) and you can get it at WalMart. I just give the dogs 1 a day. It takes awhile to build up in their systems.

Mike--I wasn't a football fan, but the guys made me pick a team many moons ago. I picked the Saints. Have stuck with them since. Will be thinking of you this weekend. GO SAINTS!!!!

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]