Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Ask The Other Sex, Things you always wanted to know!
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 05-Aug-2008, 07:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

Good night John bye1.gif lol.gif lol.gif I just can't stop laughing...I'm sorry hypocrite.gif

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 05-Aug-2008, 08:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

QUOTE (Harlot @ 05-Aug-2008, 09:00 PM)
QUOTE (Camac @ 04-Aug-2008, 09:32 PM)
QUOTE (Patch @ 04-Aug-2008, 08:15 PM)
QUOTE (Harlot @ 04-Aug-2008, 07:49 PM)
This is for all the older gentermen out there.

Why is it the older men are so hard to find. Is it because your all married or what?

I can't seem to find one my age. huh.gif  unsure.gif

I raised my children from ages 5 and 6 by myself as I wasn't able to find anyone who would treat them as their own. Now, I am an opinionated old fart with poor health and I wouldn't hang that Albatross on anyone. I probably have three times as many female friends as male friends, mostly because my male friends are dropping dead.

It is probably harder for men to "break the ice" as they get older. Particularly so if they have been single for a while.

Slŕinte,   

Patch    

Patch;

HEAR! HEAR!. Well said you speak most eloquently for all us Old Farts.

thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

Camac.

"Break the ice" I'd like just too have the ice. Maybe I'll learn how to play golf,seeing that I have a golf course out my window. biggrin.gif

Great idea you have there !! Find something you really enjoy. Also, do not worry about letting the guy win. If he is that "sensitive" you do not need him anyway!!

Slŕinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 05-Aug-2008, 08:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Another interesting site observed lately,here at least I don't know in the states but here it's like the ''in'' fashion thing.
Men shaving their hole body...  no hair nowhere????

What's this??? Men are SUPPOSED to have hair on their chest,arms and legs.
That's what make them viril and handsome...

What's with you men, it's the world upside down, men wants to look like women no hair anymore, and women wants to look like men, no hips with arms muscles.

I don't shave anything! I haven't scraped my face since 1977. If it wasn't supposed to be there it wouldn't grow there! I'm with you, that is just absurd!

puke.gif

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Harlot 
Posted: 06-Aug-2008, 05:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

QUOTE (John Clements @ 05-Aug-2008, 09:22 PM)
QUOTE (Harlot @ 04-Aug-2008, 06:49 PM)

Why is it the older men are so hard to find. Is it because your all married or what?

I hope you don't mind my 2 pence about finding a man Harlot, but maybe you should consider a name change?

JC

Harlot is just my fun name ,Mitzie is my given name, and I don't mind the 2 pence either. thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
stoirmeil 
Posted: 06-Aug-2008, 06:20 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (Lady of Avalon @ 05-Aug-2008, 08:19 PM)
Another interesting site observed lately,here at least I don't know in the states but here it's like the ''in'' fashion thing.
Men shaving their hole body... sad.gif no hair nowhere????

Oh, golly, is that ever the truth. I LOVE hairy guys! I wrote a funny little true story about it once, as part of a little collection of New York subway stories. I'll put it down underneath.

As far as that other problem -- well, JUST SAY NO TO CRACK!!!!! lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

Here's the story:

Fur

Another Monday commute from the hinterlands to midtown. I settled into the aisle seat of an orange two-seater on the Q train leaving Sheepshead Bay, and nodded to the woman who was sitting by the window reading the Sunday Times Magazine. The train chuggered along making a good blanket of cover noise, spring sunlight flickered in and out, and I began to doze.

All at once my seat-mate flapped her paper down into her lap and snorted indignantly. “Will you look at this?” I opened my eyes and looked. It was an article I had skimmed briefly myself the previous afternoon, about male models and the extremes of hair removal they were indulging in at the time. For the record, hairless males have never been my pick, but I figured it was a show biz thing and not likely to affect me much. I looked at her, shrugged, and rolled my eyes, which could have meant anything. She took it rightly enough as agreement, and carried on. Evidently it had roused her a good deal. “Who the hell do they think they’re appealing to?” she demanded.

The train barrelled ahead, picking up speed as it ran up toward Seventh Avenue and the plunge underground. I raised my voice high over the rushing wheels to answer: “Oh, absolutely, it’s ridiculous. I wouldn’t look at a guy that didn’t have some fur on him!” She nodded emphatically.

Suddenly there were male heads coming up all over the car and turning in our direction. Heads came up out of The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Daily News and The Wall Street Journal. A dark, hairy head came up out of a page of the Talmud. All of them had little smiles on their faces. A few of them were giving themselves little pats on the chest.

I leaned toward my seat-mate. “Oh, man, that did it,” I muttered.
She frowned and flapped the paper again a few righteous times. “Who cares? It’s a stupid thing to do, and they ought to know better.”

“Uh-huh,” I said. “Oh, you’re right, OK.”

The train churned on. The grinning men went back to their reading. I closed my eyes.

In the office later, I related the incident to my co-workers, who, since it was an order of magnitude more interesting than their work, went on about it all morning. The mail room guy said, “You’re a saint. You totally made their day.” My cubicle partner, a middle-aged Puerto Rican woman with real saints all over her end of our narrow space, was less favorably impressed. “That Jewish man, you interrupted his devotion,” she sniffed. “You’re going to hell.”

A word processing operator – manly tufts bloomed from his collar when he loosened his tie -- brought me a coffee from the break room and winked on his way out. The coffee had way too much sugar in it, but sometimes the medium really is the message.

Like hairy guys themselves.
PMEmail Poster               
John Clements 
Posted: 06-Aug-2008, 06:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (Harlot @ 06-Aug-2008, 06:48 AM)
QUOTE (John Clements @ 05-Aug-2008, 09:22 PM)
QUOTE (Harlot @ 04-Aug-2008, 06:49 PM)

I hope you don't mind my 2 pence about finding a man Harlot, but maybe you should consider a name change?

JC

Harlot is just my fun name ,Mitzie is my given name, and I don't mind the 2 pence either. thumbsup.gif

Good Morning Mitize. Having gone through life with the name John, which is also what a toilet, or a man who pays… Harlot’s… for sex can be called. Perhaps I should be calling myself Ian, or Hey-You? Which is what a lot of people seem to call me?

You’re a good sport,
JC

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 06-Aug-2008, 06:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (stoirmeil @ 06-Aug-2008, 08:20 AM)
QUOTE (Lady of Avalon @ 05-Aug-2008, 08:19 PM)
Men shaving their hole body... sad.gif no hair nowhere????

Oh, golly, is that ever the truth. I LOVE hairy guys! I wrote a funny little true story about it once, as part of a little collection of New York subway stories. I'll put it down underneath.

As far as that other problem -- well, JUST SAY NO TO CRACK!!!!! lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

Here's the story:

Fur

Another Monday commute from the hinterlands to midtown. I settled into the aisle seat of an orange two-seater on the Q train leaving Sheepshead Bay, and nodded to the woman who was sitting by the window reading the Sunday Times Magazine. The train chuggered along making a good blanket of cover noise, spring sunlight flickered in and out, and I began to doze.

All at once my seat-mate flapped her paper down into her lap and snorted indignantly. “Will you look at this?” I opened my eyes and looked. It was an article I had skimmed briefly myself the previous afternoon, about male models and the extremes of hair removal they were indulging in at the time. For the record, hairless males have never been my pick, but I figured it was a show biz thing and not likely to affect me much. I looked at her, shrugged, and rolled my eyes, which could have meant anything. She took it rightly enough as agreement, and carried on. Evidently it had roused her a good deal. “Who the hell do they think they’re appealing to?” she demanded.

The train barrelled ahead, picking up speed as it ran up toward Seventh Avenue and the plunge underground. I raised my voice high over the rushing wheels to answer: “Oh, absolutely, it’s ridiculous. I wouldn’t look at a guy that didn’t have some fur on him!” She nodded emphatically.

Suddenly there were male heads coming up all over the car and turning in our direction. Heads came up out of The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Daily News and The Wall Street Journal. A dark, hairy head came up out of a page of the Talmud. All of them had little smiles on their faces. A few of them were giving themselves little pats on the chest.

I leaned toward my seat-mate. “Oh, man, that did it,” I muttered.
She frowned and flapped the paper again a few righteous times. “Who cares? It’s a stupid thing to do, and they ought to know better.”

“Uh-huh,” I said. “Oh, you’re right, OK.”

The train churned on. The grinning men went back to their reading. I closed my eyes.

In the office later, I related the incident to my co-workers, who, since it was an order of magnitude more interesting than their work, went on about it all morning. The mail room guy said, “You’re a saint. You totally made their day.” My cubicle partner, a middle-aged Puerto Rican woman with real saints all over her end of our narrow space, was less favorably impressed. “That Jewish man, you interrupted his devotion,” she sniffed. “You’re going to hell.”

A word processing operator – manly tufts bloomed from his collar when he loosened his tie -- brought me a coffee from the break room and winked on his way out. The coffee had way too much sugar in it, but sometimes the medium really is the message.

Like hairy guys themselves.

stoirmeil, that's a great story and very funny biggrin.gif

My husband goes to the gym and he said that it's unbelievable in the men's locker rooms showers. He said it's almost like walking in a ladies shower rooms.
He feels almost shy, not that he has a look of a gorilla man but he's has hair just at the right places.

I think this new wave of shaving bodies didn't just started for the models, I read that cyclists shave their legs for areodynamics performances and also when some unfortunately have accidents and scrape their knees and legs on the road without the hair it heals faster.

smile.gif LOA
PM My Photo Album               
flora 
Posted: 06-Aug-2008, 06:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

OK, I had to add my thoughts on the subject of the Hair!!!!

Living in Florida all my life I have see alot.

We Women, who go to the expense and discomfort of Brazillian waxes and then go to the beach and see more hair on a guy's shoulder and back, in thongs no less, feel a little cheated.

I have no problem with men having hair on the chest, but please clean up the rest.

Flora

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 06-Aug-2008, 07:26 PM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

QUOTE (flora @ 06-Aug-2008, 07:39 PM)

We Women, who go to the expense and discomfort of Brazillian waxes and then go to the beach and see more hair on a guy's shoulder and back, in thongs no less, feel a little cheated. 

I have no problem with men having hair on the chest, but please clean up the rest.

Flora

Flora;

When you live in the Northern Clime that hair on our back helps keep us warm and its cheaper than a Fur Coat.

Camac.

PS. I've got hair on my toes you want that should be removed also.

Dogshirt 
Posted: 06-Aug-2008, 07:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

No by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And for the record, we guys DO NOT care if you wax or not, you do that to yourselves! wink.gif

beer_mug.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 06-Aug-2008, 10:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

QUOTE (Camac @ 06-Aug-2008, 09:26 PM)
QUOTE (flora @ 06-Aug-2008, 07:39 PM)

Flora

Flora;

When you live in the Northern Clime that hair on our back helps keep us warm and its cheaper than a Fur Coat.

Camac.

PS. I've got hair on my toes you want that should be removed also.

It also tickles when the wind blows across ones back!

Slŕinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 07-Aug-2008, 08:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

Woo Hoo, Thought I get a response!

Camac: Soooo that's the secret to prevent frostbite on the toes!!!!

Dogshirt: I don't know about that. There was a popular actress who was caught with hair under the arms and she was raked over the coals for it.

Patch: I can think of other things that can tickle.

Why is it that our children can't wait to get to the age to shave? We have such a double standard for men and women.

Come on girls, what are your feelings?
PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 07-Aug-2008, 09:24 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I had a handle-bar moustache in the military. As I recall it had to be less than 4 inches from end to end but no one checked. When I got out of the military, I grew a full beard and have had one since. My children have never seen me without it and wouldn't know me. I even refused surgery once because they wanted to take the beard off.

Slŕinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 07-Aug-2008, 10:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Yeah, what's up with the male hair thing? I have gotten the distinct impression that hair on a man, even facial hair is not the cool, hip thing to do in this modern world. I have had a 'stache since Feb. 1976, with the occasional beard since then (I have one now). It's not a '70's thing: it's a personal choice.
And by the way, I am not "hip"; do not consider my self "hip" and don't care to ever be "hip"!

Long live our hair! taz.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 07-Aug-2008, 11:23 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

j Padraig moore;

I'm loosing the hair on my head at an astonishing rate so I figure the more body hair I grow will compensate. Also like I said its cheaper than a Fur Coat to keep me warm on those cold Arctic Nights. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Also good for the enviroment as I don't have to hunt for the skins to make a Parka.

Camac.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]