Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Xena: Warrior Princess, What are your views on the series ?
Annabelle 
Posted: 23-Oct-2003, 01:16 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Lilithburn I think once you fence youalways look at movie scene's a different way. You always look for the counter-attack and watch stance.
Swords are harder cause they are heavier so you have to work out on weights to build upper arm strength...now I am not Ms. Universe or anything like that but the more upper body strength you have the faster and more direct the counter play.

Iolus was cute! Still like Hercules better! Love to get a hold of that hair!

Annabelle

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
LilithBurns 
Posted: 23-Oct-2003, 02:47 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

female

Annabelle, I would suppose that those who fence would look at movie scences with a more careful eye. It's like when I see a movie about football (as in soccer) I get more out of it cause I've been playing the sport all my life. Sometimes I feel that takes away from the scence because you overanalyze it. If they mess up, you notice and it may change your opinion. Am I alone thinking this?

Oldraven, I LOVE Buffy too! She's uber cool. I agree that she's got the super slayer strength and all that chosen one stuff going for her, but I still think Xena would beat her in a fight. It's the whole chakram aspect and stuff.

barddas, Joxer was a funny character, although sometimes a little annoying. I always felt that you were either laughing at him or feeling sorry for him. He ended up dying though...don't know if you saw that. I think it's hard to look at the show from only seeing a couple of episodes. You can't really grasp any good plot out of it. However, I've seen all the episodes and find that there is enough character development and continuity to keep me interested. Sure it's not Charles Dickens, but it's good.

--------------------
"I hope that was a petting zoo."
"First rule of combat...shoot them before they shoot you."
"I can feel it...there's something evil here. Something's not right."
"That's because you're standing next to the portal to Hell."

user posted image
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 23-Oct-2003, 06:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Yes I think once you are exposed to something and then they use it in the movies, you do disect it more...
Tim Collins ( not sure of last name, think it's Collins) Played as the bad guy who fights Rob Roy in the Movie...he is an Olympic Swordman...he also played in "the Musketeer" a year or more ago.aas the bad guy he fights on the ladders at the end (watch both) ..excellent Swordsmanship but I do tend to watch what he does instead of watching the movie...although watching someone really good with a sword, excites me...I enjoy watching a master! I'm a Kindergardener compared to him....

Annabelle
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 23-Oct-2003, 06:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Also forgot to tell you that being a Left Handed figher has an advantage as it puts you in a better attacke point...(I'm a lefty) I need every and any advantage I can get over my fencing partner...especially when it comes to swords....

When I get a new sword people look at me Like I'm crazy cause I love the stuff. Even Like to twirl like a baton...but it's funny to watch others faces...until I cut myself....ha ha

Annabelle
PMEmail Poster               
LilithBurns 
Posted: 23-Oct-2003, 08:54 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

female

Does fighting left handed have an advantage only over right handed people or are you speaking generally? I never really thought about it before. Have you seen Princess Bride? I always laugh at the part where Inigo goes "There is something I should tell you....I'm not left handed" and then Wesley is like "There's something I should tell you...I'm not left handed either" You just made me remember that scene.

I love watching people that are better than me at something. It helps me set goals and learn from a pro. No one is ever perfect so you can always learn. Is it easy to learn just from watching someone fence. I watch professional football (soccer) and learn from that all the time. However, that's more team strategy learning than individual. I think it'd be harder to visual learn from watching combat...maybe not, I've never really tried it as far as swords go...
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 25-Oct-2003, 08:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

Lilithburn being left handed puts you closer to stabbing distance to your opponent
Most fencers are right handed and they don't know how to attack a left handed person so it makes them take the defense position instead of the attack...
it sounds like you share the love and interest of fencing cause you seem very interested..maybe you should take fencing lessons...
good discipline
and gets you in shape..
also Youll feel very charged when you beat the heck out of the guys

Think about it!
I love it...

My best friend and a girl is my Sword instructor...so go for it...you only have obstacles where your mind places them....you have nothing to lose by trying...

Annabelle
PS:
And if there is something other than fencing you what to try, do it.
Failure of something is not as hard as never trying before....
You'll always wonder if you could have done......?
So why wonder, you can accept a no, if you have to....
but not knowing if you can succeed in something and never trying is a greater lose to me...
If you love your life, try! It's the only one you will ever get love!
Failing something means you tried...there are people who never try and that is a greater lost...

PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]