Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 24-Feb-2005, 12:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

female

QUOTE (gwenlee @ 22-Feb-2005, 04:35 PM)
Thats neat that your husband is a Reid. You should consider joining us. But please stop by next time you are at a game. This will be the second annual Blairsville Game. It is held in a beautiful area and it is so nice. Of course I'm partial to that area of the state. My parent are from there.

I've never been to Blairsville but once had an acquaintance that lived there; Dennis and Stanna Pruitt, her son Jordan was my sons best friend in middle school... but I think they divorced, not sure what happened to them then. Jordan came by our home one day unexpectedly as he was heading to Florida to start college, and we haven't seen him since.

You know, actually I think my husband and I joined the Donnachaidh clan group for several years but we let the membership lapse eventually. They had the nicest newsletters. I know we did get some information about the clan, and on another discussion board I met a sweet woman who sent me photos of the kirk at Struan where the clan is based; she went to a wedding there and knowing of my connection to the clan took some wonderful photos just for us! If I can track down the photos I'll post them here.

Small world, isn't it, that you and I have the Donnachaid connection! Cool.

SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
gwenlee 
Posted: 24-Feb-2005, 04:44 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

CelticRose my sash is in my tartan I use Robertson Red. My daughters sash is the Robertson Hunting. She is such a tomboy.

I'm on chapter 40 of Into the Wilderness. All I can say is Elizabeth is some kind of a woman. She is strong but believable.

Siobhanblue it is a small world. I hope to meet you soon. Maybe have a Starbucks together.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 24-Feb-2005, 05:54 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

QUOTE (gwenlee @ 24-Feb-2005, 05:44 PM)
CelticRose my sash is in my tartan I use Robertson Red. My daughters sash is the Robertson Hunting. She is such a tomboy.

I'm on chapter 40 of Into the Wilderness. All I can say is Elizabeth is some kind of a woman. She is strong but believable.

Siobhanblue it is a small world. I hope to meet you soon. Maybe have a Starbucks together.

gwenlee! I have no idea what chapter I am in now as I can't read the Roman numerals anymore. LOL I think I am in chapter 20. I am where Elizabeth and Nathaniel are on their way to Albany, but stopped at the Schulyers and maybe getting married there. That Nathaniel is quite a guy, eh? Another Jamie! Sigh....

That would be wonderful if you and SB could meet! How exciting!

Gwen, I noticed another common thing among us.........you are an Alder too, like me! That means you and I both have birthdays coming up!

Rosemary
gwenlee 
Posted: 25-Feb-2005, 06:40 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi CelticRose.--It is funny that we have so much in common. Both of us have been married for over 20 years too. I showed your picture to my husband and he thought you looked like you belonged to my family. As soon as he has time to, my husband will help me down load my picture in my profile. I am not very good with the computer. We just up-graded our direcway service and we are having some problems now with the computed.

Nathaniel is another Jamie but in a different way. There is a character coming up that made me think of Jamie. When you get to that part let me know what you think. I'm not giving his name I want to see if you agree.

I was wondering where is Rindy? I haven't seen her in this site for awhile. I hope she is enjoying Dragonfly in Amber. I enjoyed that book after I got over the disappointment of Clare being in the future and Bree being grown.
Rindy 
Posted: 25-Feb-2005, 06:30 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi gwenlee,

I am really enjoying the DIA, I haven't had a lot of time to read lately. I have been busy on another forum. Thank you for asking about me. Hope life has been treating you well. I will try to stop by more often..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 25-Feb-2005, 08:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Rindy
I'm glad you are enjoying DIA. I broke out in shingles yesterday and right now I can't concentrate on reading much. I hope you are doing well.
Rindy 
Posted: 25-Feb-2005, 08:58 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Oh you poor thing!!! My Dad had them really bad a couple of years ago and I will say I wouldn't wish those on my worst enimies. Have you had them before? Nasty.. You take care of yourself and keep me posted on how your doing...

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 26-Feb-2005, 08:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Rindy
I've never had them before. I've been put on a bunch of medication. I try not to take any strong medication but yesterday I waited too long between my motrin dose and I had to take the stronger stuff. I have a lot of people praying for me and I do believe in the power of prayer.

How far are you in DIA? I connected with Claire with her pregnancy. I was like her with the nausea and vomiting everything made me so sick and when Jamie made the comment to her in the garden about it I remember my own husband making a similar comment. I won't say any more because I don't know where you are at in the book and I don't want to spoil it for you. Have a good weekend.
Rindy 
Posted: 26-Feb-2005, 12:58 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi Gwen,

I am sorry your have those. I am only on the 2nd chapter.. Sooo SSSHHHH...
I always read this thread one eye shut.

You get better ya hear?

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 27-Feb-2005, 12:54 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi there ladies!

Oh my! gwenlee! The shingles?! ohmy.gif Poor you! My mother had those about a year ago. They were awful and I just could not imagine. I hear they are pretty painful and itch. How long do they usually last? You must be going crazy!

Rindy, the second chapter! laugh.gif laugh.gif Get off that other forum dear and start reading...........yeah right, eh?

well have to tell you that I went to the Highland games today and met Diana again and had lunch with her too! There were several of us Ladies form Lallybroch wearing our T-shirts to have lunch with her and Herself sat next to lil ole meeeeeeeeeee! I was just delighted and got to ask her a lot of questions. I bought a hardcover Outlander and her sign both it and my hardcover Fiery Cross. That is four now I have signed by her. Plus hubby took a photo of she and I at the restaurant. so will show you that here.

Her plans are this: To have ABOSA finished by Easter and ready to be published and for sale by September. She will have at least 1 or 2 other books to add to the Outlander series, one on Jamie's parents, two more on Lord John Grey. MAYBE one on Master Raymond. After she finishes the whole series she is coming out with an Outlandish Companion Vol 2. I was really excited to hear about that!

I told her I had heard that she was planning to end the series when Jamie was in his 80s, but she just had a question look on her face and never answered. She is also in talks with some film folks about the makings of the Outlander movie. Sadly, she doesn't get to pick the actors......I was hoping for Gerald Butler as Jamie! rolleyes.gif

After she finishes ABOSA, she is going to be touring Uk and this is for you Gabby.........Germany! so maybe you can meet her too!

Diana said that her touring the Highland games is going to be narrowed down to only the Fergus games in Canada and the one in Phoenix that I went to today cause she lives so close to it. She said she really needs to write! That is about all I can think of right now.

gwenlee, I saw your clan booth today. I thought of you. I visited mine, MacPherson and Cameron.

well here is a pic of me and Diana from today. Enjoy. smile.gif

Attached Image. (Click thumbnail to expand)
Attached Image (Works with IE Only)
CelticRoz 
Posted: 27-Feb-2005, 12:57 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh! Almost forgot! Karen Marie Moning is coming out with a new book this August called "The Spell of the Highlander." yippee!
gwenlee 
Posted: 27-Feb-2005, 02:28 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey CelticRose It sounds like you had a great time with DG. If I could be so lucky. To say the least the shingles are awful. The medicine either makes me nauseated or makes me sleepy. The doctor says the outbreak can last for a couple of weeks and the pain for several months. So hopefully they will be gone before the hot weather gets here.

I wish I could remember where I read about the time period that the Outlander series would end. I was sure it was an interview with DG. My problem is I read so much that I sometimes forget where I got the info. My friends at work tease me and tell people to ask me about things because I probably have read something about it some where.

Did it rain on you guys yesterday? I hope it didn't.

I didn't know Karen Moning was coming out with another book. Sounds like we have some good read comming up for the fall.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 27-Feb-2005, 02:56 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Wow, gwenlee! That is terrible about your shingles. I hope you get over them real soon. What causes them anyway? Is it stress? I know they come from the same virus as the chicken pox.

No, it didn't rain at all! In fact, we have the best weather ever! It couldn't have been more perfect.

Yeah, not only Karen m Moning's book, but I heard that Sara Donati's new book in the ITW series will be out next spring! We have lots of reading to do!

Well feel better, if that is possible for you right now. I bet it is hard to work under these circumstances.
Merewyn 
  Posted: 03-Mar-2005, 02:54 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacVine

Realm: Coppell, TX

female

I'm currently 1/2 way through Voyager. This book has made me so emotional. (Pass me the tissues will ye?) There are so many themes running through it that have touched me deeply. God, how I love Diana's writing! And I'm so in love with Jamie! biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted image user posted image

"Dinna be afraid," he said softly. "There's two of us now." ~Jamie Fraser~
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 03-Mar-2005, 03:29 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (Merewyn @ 03-Mar-2005, 01:54 PM)
I'm currently 1/2 way through Voyager. This book has made me so emotional. (Pass me the tissues will ye?) There are so many themes running through it that have touched me deeply. God, how I love Diana's writing! And I'm so in love with Jamie! biggrin.gif

Hey there Merewyn,

Oh no are you sayin something awful happens to Jamie? I am only half way through DragonFly In Amber, so please don't tell me what happens.. I too have quite the feelin for this character...Have you seen Celticrose anywhere? Hopefully happy readin to ya..

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]