> Albannach
John Clements 
Posted: 05-Jan-2006, 03:51 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

male

Hi to Firecracker and Celtic Rose. Since I feel pretty much the novas, with this internet stuff, some how I still feel as though I’ve been eves dropping, but when I read that either of you have not yet, been fortunate enough to have been to Scotland. I thought you might like to hear my little story. Anyway, it all started two years a go when I asked my daughter Lillian where she wanted to go to celebrate her High School graduation, and you guessed it, she said Scotland. Not being much of a planner, the next thing I knew was, Lilly and Jeanie my wife, and of course myself, landed in Glasgow. Where we toured the city for a couple of days on public transportation, we even visited Paisley, which is where my mother was born, and where there is a fantastic thirteenth century Abby. We didn’t have a chance to go to Combs Lang, where my farther was born, but next tim. From that point we rented a car and made our way north west, stopping at B&B’s along the way. Eight days later we found ourselves in Edinburgh with another two days before we had to return to Glasgow for our flight home. Funny, because I felt like I was leaving home to go home, even though I had never been to Scotland before. But on the way we sang to Loch Lomond, passed through The Valley of Glen Coe, took a steam train From Fort William to have lunch at Mallaig, which is a quaint little fishing village. Buy the way, Haggis does take getting use to. We ferried to the Isle of Mull from Oban, and I had to be dragged off the Isle Sky, because I didn’t want to leave. We drove over Apple Cross, which is the highest mountain in the British Isles, and I must say from that vantage point even the Caribbean Sea is a close second to the Irish Sea. From there we had to head east to see if we could catch a glimpse of Nessie, but no luck. From there we tested some of the finest Scotch at varies breweries, while passing through Inverness and St Andrews and other little towns headed for Edinburgh, which is a must see, or even better a must live. I guess what I trying to saying is, that going to Scotland should be high on any ones list, and if I were you guys. I would get there by any means possible, which would include, by hook or by crook, by going into debt, or even being sedated, if I were afraid to fly. So move it, who knows, maybe you’ll be fortunate enough to stay there. I hope to some day.
Best regards
John Clements

--------------------
We’re all poets, only some of us write it down. JC 9/27/08

Anyone who has the courage to disagree, deserves all do respect. JC 4/28/08

Life is a loosing battle, so you might as well live it up.
J.C. 3/29/08

Life should be like skiing, you have the most fun on the way down. J.C. 8/17/07

Take their word for it, and that’s just what you’ll get.
J.C. 3/19/07

Only the truth is worth the ultimate sacrifice.
J.C. 1/26/06

Compared to the far right, the far left is somewhere in the middle. J.C. 2/22/06

I’ll be the first to apologies, as long as I get one back.
J.C. 3/7/06

It’s a happy man, who can laugh at himself.

If you’re looking for a new experience, don’t hire someone with a lot of it. J.C. sometime in 1990
PMEmail Poster               
Firecracker 
Posted: 05-Jan-2006, 08:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

female

John~I love when people share their times in Scotland with us! I can see the beautiful land through their eyes. Do you have some pictures to share of your trip? I love pictures!

My fear for flying is so great that there will be no seeing Scotland for me. My palms start to sweat when I drive by an airport. That is one reason I value every word written, every picture taken, every note played by Albannach... b/c it all brings Scotland to me.

I hope that you get to return home again some day and once again can share with us about your homeland. smile.gif

BTW~My daughters name is also Lillian

--------------------
"Let's not and say we did"
PMEmail Poster               
Firecracker 
Posted: 06-Jan-2006, 07:15 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

female

They will be announcing the winners of the Photo Contest soon.
Can't wait to see who wins! kid.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Firecracker 
Posted: 06-Jan-2006, 08:12 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

female

Albannach has just added another gig to their schedule

April 22 The Galway Hooker Cornelius, N.C., USA

http://www.galwayhookerpub.com/
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 06-Jan-2006, 09:41 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey John! Really enjoyed your story! I am so happy to hear that you made it over and loved it so. Everyone I know who has says it is absolutely breathtaking and wonderful in every way. I really hope to get there one day, if they have to knock me out on the flight over! I love to fly normally, but have a fear of flying for that long and especially over the Atlantic...a great BIG ocean! EEP!

Firecracker, what photo contest are you talking about?
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Firecracker 
Posted: 07-Jan-2006, 07:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

female

CR~The band members submitted funny photos of themselves and
they had a contest to let the fans come up with captions for those pictures.
The fans have done a great job and now it's time to pick the winners. smile.gif
If you haven't checked them out you need to do so. Get ready to have a
good laugh! biggrin.gif

Albannach are great folk! They go so out of their way for their fans!
One more reason to love them. inlove.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 07-Jan-2006, 07:57 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks Firecracker. I did not know. I haven't been on the net too much lately so been out of the loop, as they say! When I am on the net, my main baby is here! I have been on this site for a long time and have the highest respect and regard for all the forum guides and our administrator, MacFive. thumbs_up.gif

Will check out the photos. Many thanks again.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Firecracker 
Posted: 07-Jan-2006, 08:18 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

female

Yep, a great group of Folks around these here parts wink.gif
Thanks to everyone who has made me feel right at home
PMEmail Poster               
Firecracker 
Posted: 08-Jan-2006, 01:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

female

Good news just announced that there is an Albannach gig
in Glasgow, Scotland
January 20th~Friday Night
Oran-Mor

Spring can't get here in the States quick enough sad.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 10-Jan-2006, 08:57 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi All,

We are pleased to announce that effective immediately, Donovan Murray will represent Albannach as their North American agent.

Donovan has been a musician (drummer, what else?) for over 35 years. He has performed and recorded with various groups in North Carolina and on the east coast. He studied theater at East Carolina University and has served as performer, sound and light technician, roadie, stage manager, promoter and producer for many artists and events.

Many of you know Donovan from his work as the Music Production Director for the Grandfather Mountain Highland Games. Some of the other events he has been involved with include Edenfest, Earth Fest at Grandfather Mountain, Rockin’ Rib Fest and Christmas in July. He has created two new events, the Blue Ridge Celtic Festival and Carolina Celtic Jam and has recently been hired to head up the new West Virginia Celtic Festival and Games in Beckley, WV in August.

He’s worked with such artist as Styx, Toto, James Taylor, Jimmy Buffet, Neville Brothers, Bob Marley’s Wailers, Doc Watson, Ralph Stanley, Dole Lawson, Nickel Creek, Marshall Tucker, Acoustic Syndicate, Eddie Money, Survivor, Orleans, Starship, Foghat, Donald Byrd, Bering Strait, Jim Lauderdale, Seven Nations, Leahy, Clandestine, Alaisdair Fraser and many more.

Donovan lives in the mountains of North Carolina with his wife Cyndie, his sons Ian (18) and Devan (10) and his four Labradors. He serves as the President of the NC High Country Host, a five county tourism organization located in Boone and is also the Director of the Appalachian Scots-Irish Society.

Slainte,
Albannach
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 10-Jan-2006, 09:15 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (Rindy @ 10-Jan-2006, 08:57 AM)
New, North American agent.. Thanks Chris

Hi All,

We are pleased to announce that effective immediately, Donovan Murray will represent Albannach as their North American agent.

Donovan has been a musician (drummer, what else?) for over 35 years. He has performed and recorded with various groups in North Carolina and on the east coast. He studied theater at East Carolina University and has served as performer, sound and light technician, roadie, stage manager, promoter and producer for many artists and events.

Many of you know Donovan from his work as the Music Production Director for the Grandfather Mountain Highland Games. Some of the other events he has been involved with include Edenfest, Earth Fest at Grandfather Mountain, Rockin’ Rib Fest and Christmas in July. He has created two new events, the Blue Ridge Celtic Festival and Carolina Celtic Jam and has recently been hired to head up the new West Virginia Celtic Festival and Games in Beckley, WV in August.

He’s worked with such artist as Styx, Toto, James Taylor, Jimmy Buffet, Neville Brothers, Bob Marley’s Wailers, Doc Watson, Ralph Stanley, Dole Lawson, Nickel Creek, Marshall Tucker, Acoustic Syndicate, Eddie Money, Survivor, Orleans, Starship, Foghat, Donald Byrd, Bering Strait, Jim Lauderdale, Seven Nations, Leahy, Clandestine, Alaisdair Fraser and many more.

Donovan lives in the mountains of North Carolina with his wife Cyndie, his sons Ian (18) and Devan (10) and his four Labradors. He serves as the President of the NC High Country Host, a five county tourism organization located in Boone and is also the Director of the Appalachian Scots-Irish Society.

Slainte,
Albannach

New, North American agent.. Thanks Chris

Hi All,

Slainte,
Albannach
PMEmail Poster               
Firecracker 
Posted: 10-Jan-2006, 12:00 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

female

Rindy~I hope you don't mind my adding
that the winners of the Photo Contest were posted today.
If you would like to check out the winners they can be found at
the Albannach forum.

In General Discussion under
December Photo Contest

Congrats to all the winners there! smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Firecracker 
Posted: 10-Jan-2006, 04:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

female

Another show has been added~
Frederick Celtic Festival~Urbana Fairground, MD USA
http://www.sasmm.com/celtic_festival.htm

If this great band makes it to your area PLEASE go
see them! You will be glad that you did smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 10-Jan-2006, 09:00 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Thanks for that info, Rindy. I'm excited to know the Celtic Fest is coming back to Beckley WV in August. I attended that one for the two years it was there and then last year they cancelled it. I have no clue why! Do you know where the Blue Ridge Celtic Festival takes place at? Is it at Boone NC, maybe? I've been there many times in the past few years. I love it there in the HIgh Country!

Thanks,
maggiemahone1

PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
cynni 
Posted: 10-Jan-2006, 10:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacVine

Realm: Huntington, IN

female

QUOTE (maggiemahone1 @ 10-Jan-2006, 10:00 PM)
Thanks for that info, Rindy. I'm excited to know the Celtic Fest is coming back to Beckley WV in August. I attended that one for the two years it was there and then last year they cancelled it. I have no clue why! Do you know where the Blue Ridge Celtic Festival takes place at? Is it at Boone NC, maybe? I've been there many times in the past few years. I love it there in the HIgh Country!

Thanks,
maggiemahone1

Here is the site fot the festival.

http://www.blueridgecelticfest.com/

--------------------
"We all get heavier as we get older because
there's a lot more information in our heads."
So I'm not fat, I'm just really intelligent and my head couldn't hold anymore so it started filling up the rest of me!
"Mama Tater"

PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]