Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
247,643 Gold!

Thanks everyone for your understanding. We are going to have to go through this reset process in order to work on the game.

The Gold and Score amounts just made no sense since we had reached the limit that our system variables could hold. I think we will be doing a reset atleast once a year, but we are going to build into the game play certain random events that effect your gold, resources, army and building. This will have an effect of offseting those items.

Also, we might do a reset when we have an item available for auction so that everyone has a chance to win. Its really up in the air right now. We will be doing one reset in the next week, but will restore the database after a quick test. So keep building.

We are restarting the resource generator every hour now.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteRead My Blog View My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 15-Oct-2009, 07:03 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
247,643 Gold!

We just adjusted everyones account to have 3 workers. We did the reset manually but are developing a script to do this in the future. The reset we did a few nights ago did not add any workers to peoples accounts.

I think once we get some of these changes made and more interesting game play we will have even more players enter the game.
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteRead My Blog View My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
stevenpd 
Posted: 15-Oct-2009, 08:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

Just a reminder from the past. I think it still holds true.

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
admin 
Posted: 16-Oct-2009, 05:00 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (stevenpd @ 15-Oct-2009, 09:49 PM)
Just a reminder from the past. I think it still holds true.

Thank you StevenPD. I could not find that thread!

We are really excited to start working on this part of Celtic Radio. Once we get it to a point of acceptance, we will start advertising it on gaming sites and maybe pull in alot more people.
PMEmail Poster               
RichardRahl 
  Posted: 16-Oct-2009, 09:48 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

male

I have heard that this would be coming, I think it is great, New beginnings for us all.

I look forward to the new changes and how this game develops.

Thanks MK !
PMEmail Poster               
englishmix 
Posted: 16-Oct-2009, 11:04 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: My place

groan, grumble, gripe...

Alright, it should be much better and exciting when this is all complete.

patience, patience, patience...

crybaby.gif
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog                
TheCarolinaScotsman 
Posted: 16-Oct-2009, 04:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: North Carolina

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #76
41,479 Gold!

QUOTE (CelticRadio @ 15-Oct-2009, 08:33 PM)
Also, we might do a reset when we have an item available for auction so that everyone has a chance to win.

Uh... if you reset and no one has any gold then how will anyone be able to bid? The reason I had accumulated so much gold was to be able to buy things at auction. If one can't stockpile gold to use at auctions, then why bother?

--------------------
TheCarolinaScotsman

Ya'll drive safe and come back soon.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 16-Oct-2009, 05:07 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

QUOTE (CelticRadio @ 15-Oct-2009, 08:33 PM)
Also, we might do a reset when we have an item available for auction so that everyone has a chance to win. 

Uh... if you reset and no one has any gold then how will anyone be able to bid? The reason I had accumulated so much gold was to be able to buy things at auction. If one can't stockpile gold to use at auctions, then why bother?

Exactly! ALSO..... It seems I'm stuck in HM thanks to this BS! The boy was right, it's not worth it, but he's NICER than I am. Get me out of HM so I can leave this piece o' shite!!! NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for your understanding.

Thanks for your UNDERSTANDING!

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
Dogshirt 
Posted: 16-Oct-2009, 06:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

In case I was not clear..... RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beer_mug.gif
CelticRadio 
Posted: 16-Oct-2009, 06:40 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
247,643 Gold!

There was no possible way to build an auction because the amounts had reached beyond the variable limits.

But there will be plenty of opportunity for an auction and gold for the auction. Its clearly our fault for letting this go on for so long, but this is the first opportunity we have had to work on this game.

If anyone saw the ranking ladders you would have seen that many people had the same gold and score amounts because the system was displaying the highest possible number it could.

Again our apologies, but we do not have the resources to totally redo the operating system of the web server and upgrade the entire site to a new platform just so this game will run. That would take about 2-3 weeks of a dedicated resource working 4-6 hours a day.

Dogshirt 
Posted: 16-Oct-2009, 09:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

male

STILL stuck 3 hours later. waiting...waiting...wating...

beer_mug.gif
CelticRadio 
Posted: 17-Oct-2009, 06:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
247,643 Gold!

QUOTE (Dogshirt @ 16-Oct-2009, 11:23 PM)
STILL stuck 3 hours later. waiting...waiting...wating...

beer_mug.gif

What's it stuck on?
CelticRadio 
Posted: 17-Oct-2009, 09:49 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
247,643 Gold!

We will be testing out a Game Reset script today. Expect that the game data will be cleared, but we will restore the data to after we confirm the reset script ran properly. We will compensate by allocated 3 hours of resource for any miss time.
gandolf3339 
Posted: 17-Oct-2009, 10:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: St. Louis, Missouri U.S.A.

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #64
43,623 Gold!

This game is still considered to still be in the Beta stage and this has been stated all along. We have all known all along there would be a reset and that when the reset came it would be for the betterment of the game.
Now for the price I pay and the enjoyment I get from this game I think it is fair to say a set back now and again is worth the price.

This game has been added to our community for our enjoyment. CR Admin. has plenty on their hands with the radio portion of our community and I for one am thankful for the time they put in to both these areas.

Take your time and do it right and when you are done we will have more fun and more players making it even better.

I have said it before and I say it again, Thanks CR Admin. for all, all of you do and the happiness you bring in to all of our lives.
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 17-Oct-2009, 11:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
247,643 Gold!

Thank you Gandolf for your kind comments. We are not trying to get members upset with us, as stated before there was a major issue with a bug that resulted in a reset. Perhaps we did not post enough information that this game is in BETA development.

Evenso, most games of this nature are resetted periodically and all data is lost and people start over.

In our case, we just created a new extension to our administration functions to reset only the resources, buildings and armies. All other member, clan, country and forum data has been retained.

We just ran the resource script 3 times and will be sending everyone 100,000 in gold and 5 workers.

Yes, there will be future resets but we will be sure to give you plenty of notice unless we have a situation like what just happened.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]