Title:

Group:
Celtic Nation

Zodiac:
Alder

Birthday: 29-Mar-1982
Total Posts: 828
Realm: Ohio.

Reading, fantasy, music (celtic especially), tv/film stuff, writing scripts, my husband, my baby girls :)

Use one of the links below to send me a personal message!

Date: 28-Mar-2024
By: Shadows
Forum: Forum Guides

Date: 18-Mar-2024
By: Shadows
Forum: Celtic Radio

Date: 16-Mar-2024
By: CelticRadio
Forum: Celtic Music

Date: 14-Mar-2024

Date: 14-Mar-2024
Forum: Celtic Music

Date: 11-Mar-2024
By: KelticKouple

Date: 11-Mar-2024
By: KelticKouple
Forum: Family History & Clans

Listen to the best in Celtic Music @ 128kps on Highlander Radio!
Listen to soft streaming Celtic music from Highlander Radio!
A rowdy mix of hard rocking Celtic music from the Pubs of America, Canada, Ireland and Scotland.
Listen to Celtic Dance - Put on your Ghillies and clear the floor, it is now time for Jigs & Feels!

Journal Entries
Pages: (15) 1 [2] 3 4 ... Last »

Add Entry   

Ouch.
Posted by Ceciliastar1 on Dec 1st, 2004 1:50 PM
So here's my day. lol. It really is quite funny when you think about it. I was up till 5:30 in the morning playing poker. I won 60 bucks so it was kinda sorta worth it. the fact that I had to get ready for work at 7:30 in the morning wasn't very exciting to me. Anyway, everyone in my house needed to wak up at 7:30am and so I spent fourty-fve minutes trying to wake everyone up. Then I got ready for work. i needed to borrow a video from Ryan's house so I stopped there on the way to work. I walk into his house and the minute my foot hit the stair I totally wipe out. I fell ALL THE WAY down the stairs, 12 stairs to be exact. I've got bruises all over my body and I sprained my left two fingers. They hurt like he-double hockey sticks. What stinks more is that I'm left handed. Haha! I can't hardly write let alone type.

My brothers and sisters put on a play of the two towers (word for word, they watched it a lot) and my older sister video tapes (which by the way she is no longer allowed to do cause she did a shoddy job). Anyway, I'm taking the play and editing it and adding stuff to it for a christmas present to my family. I'm taking the original movie and the kids play and kind of morphing them together. It's hard because my footage of the play isn't good at all, when the kids where acting out a scene Gwen would have the camera on the audience...who does that? PLus she refused to use a tripod. But when all is said and done I like a good challenge! BRING IT ON!

Comments: 0 View/Add Comments

Wow.
Posted by Ceciliastar1 on Nov 30th, 2004 2:56 PM
So I just finished applying to about 80 different jobs located all over America. It's crazy! I graduate in two weeks and I need a job. I'm getting nervous. Really I am. Anyway, hopefully it will workou all right. cross you fingers! blink.gif

Omigosh!
Posted by Ceciliastar1 on Nov 29th, 2004 2:03 PM
So as everyone knows by now you cannot use any of the computers in the labs without a STUDENT ID, not a driver's license, not a library card, a STUDENT ID. I have this fricken' grad student in my lab who wants to use his library card as an id. He's all like "The library lets me use this to check books and things out and since the computer lab is in the library then I should be able to use it" WRONG! the computer lab may be in the same building but it is not part of the library! Arg! This guys all like "It's not a big deal..." but now he's demanding that I talk to the head of the library about this issue. How does that not make it a big deal??? I could lose my job if I don't check ids...this is frustrating to me. All the grad students here act like they are the biggest thing since sliced cheese. I've had tons of problems with this guy and it ticks me off that even though he's old enough to be my grandfather he can treat me like that? grrrr, I'm his superior when it comes to my job and computer lab!

Sigh. I'm ok now. I told my boss and she said I done good! lol.

Comments: 1 View/Add Comments

JOBS!!!!
Posted by Ceciliastar1 on Nov 23rd, 2004 11:31 AM
So there's a job opening on-campus for a video editor/videographer!!! I am working my tail off to get my resume tape finished so that I can mail them everything before I leave town tomarrow. Oh that would be such a good thing to happen if I got that job! You know? Cross your fingers!!!

Long time...
Posted by Ceciliastar1 on Nov 22nd, 2004 11:30 AM
So it's been a while since I posted in my journal. Well here's an update. Things are going well. I leave on Wednesday to go visit my family for Thanksgiving. It will be interesting, I haven't seen my family since September. I'm taking Ryan with me too. So it won't be that boring! lol. I think my Aunt and Uncle and cousins will be home to. My cousin just got engaged so I'm sure that will be the topic of conversation. I'm taking a copy of my thesis home to show the family as well. When my aunt and her family visit us they always bring some video of my cousins cause they are dancers and performers and what not so they always need to show off their kids. I don't mind cause I like dancing, but it's my turn to show off! haha!

I'm the search of a job now. It sucks. I don't want to work and that's the truth. I don't want to be a student forever either, it's a no win situation. I just finished typing up my resume and I'm almost done making my resume tape. So I am going to start sending my info to different job places. getting a job in Ohio is really hard though the market is very bad. I'm not going to move out of Ohio yet so I need to find a job here. So anyway, here's a copy of my resumer. If anyone knows anyone who knows anyone who might have a job let me know!!!!! Talk to ya'll later!

E-mail [email protected]

Cecily M. Adams

Education
2001 – 2004 Franciscan University Steubenville, OH
Bachelor’s Degree in Communication Arts
Concentration in Radio and Television

Work experience

2004 – present Franciscan University Steubenville, OH
Lab Assistant
Keep the editing lab, TV control room, and TV studio clean and organized. Assist students when needed.

2002 – present Franciscan University Steubenville, OH
Lab Assistant
Keep computer labs clean and organized. Assist students and teachers. Train fellow lab assistants.

2004 – 2004 Franciscan University Steubenville, OH
Video Director
Control and direct three-camera setup for the Annual Summer Conferences. Record necessary footage. Maintain proper audio levels.

1998 – 2003 University Club of Notre Dame Notre Dame, IN
Busser
Keep dining room clean and organized. Assist servers and customers when needed.

1998 – 2002 The Morris Inn Notre Dame, IN
Pantry Assistant
Assist the Pastry Chef when needed. Prepare salads and desserts. Assist other kitchen staff when needed

Objective
Interested in a full-time or part-time position located somewhere in or near the tri-state area. Prefer not to travel.

Interests and activities
Irish Music and Dance, Tin Whistle, Piano, Guitar, movies, directing, editing, and scriptwriting. I have two and a half years experience working with AVID Editing systems and ProTools.

References
Available upon request.

Clickable Smilies
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 
smilie  smilie  smilie 

Please Add your Entry

Title:

My Signature:

There's a dear little plant that grows in our Isle
Twas St . Patrick himself, sure, that set it;
And the sun of his labour with pleasure did smile,
And with dew from his eye often wet it.
It grows through the bog, through the brake, through the
Mireland, and they call it the dear little shamrock of Ireland.

Number of times Journal has been viewed:

Homepage Journal is a service of CelticRadio.net!