Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 16-Jun-2014, 09:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Spent Saturday at the Oshlosh Irish fest this weekend. Had a great time and it's a very nice festival. There's one main stage and each act get about an hour of performance time so its kind of a sampler festival. One long tent holds the merchants and the cultural area and there are two spots to get food from. You do get a chance to mingle with the entertainers if you know who to look for. I got to see a bagpipe and uilleann pipe demo with John Ceszynski and Peter Pervis from Gaelic Storm and a Irish dance demo for Brian Cummingham. Some of the other performer were the Gothard sisters, Scythian, the SDead Kennendys, and Gleason. Addmission was only $10 which gave me enogh money to purchase a new kilt. My kilts now outnumber my pants by 2 to 1. Progress. Otherwise, great festival so check it out next year if you get a chance. And if you see Patrick Murphy from Gaelic Storm ask him about the soup of the day.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 04-Sep-2014, 08:55 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

Found a video with some highlights from this year. They sure made it seem like they had a lot more merchandise than they did. The one large tent was the one that held the vendors amd demos. Still it was a grand time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYRp4UwWTLg
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt