Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Disney Channel And Celtic Music Do Not Work!, GROSS!
Ceciliastar1 
  Posted: 15-Aug-2004, 12:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Ohio.

female

So I was watching Phil of the Future with my family on the Disney Channl just now. It totally grossed me out. It was some thanksgiving special and a character had to sing a song about a pumpkin, and she did. BUT....she sang it to the tune of Loch Lomond. Gross. It was terrible. It's a dumb show anyway.
disgust.gif lamo.gif poster_stupid.gif puke.gif puke.gif

--------------------
There's a dear little plant that grows in our Isle
Twas St . Patrick himself, sure, that set it;
And the sun of his labour with pleasure did smile,
And with dew from his eye often wet it.
It grows through the bog, through the brake, through the
Mireland, and they call it the dear little shamrock of Ireland.
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
ErikDeckers 
Posted: 16-Aug-2004, 07:42 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacOak

Realm: Orlando, FL

male

I've found that a lot of stuff that Disney does is not that great. They tend to screw things up for the sake of entertainment as opposed to accuracy.

Take, for example, The Hunchback of Notre Dame. In the book, Quasimodo died. In the movie, well, they made sure they could do an HND II, which my children keep asking me for.

Erik Deckers

--------------------
[color=blue][b]Erik Deckers
Visit my weekly humor blog
Laughing Stalk[COLOR=blue]
PMEmail Poster               View my Twitter Profile.
Danann 
Posted: 16-Aug-2004, 12:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Alabama

female

And he lives through that one and gets a girl! Plus... let's not forget the whole Pocohantas thing. The girl was 13 or 14... I don't think she looked like that. And the Little Mermaid? That's not how the book was written. Yeah, that one doesn't have a happy ending either. Heaven forbid there ever be a sad ending in a animated movie.

--------------------
So, I have an new site that is pretty neat, Check out Dannah's Home Page

Also, for original storys or thoughts from me, check out my blog: Dannah's Blog
PMEmail Poster               
Ceciliastar1 
Posted: 16-Aug-2004, 02:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Ohio.

female

Haha! Too true. lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
CelticRadio 
Posted: 16-Aug-2004, 03:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
255,098 Gold!

There was one movie, I think made for the Disney Channel, that was about some kids going back in time to Ireland. Alot of Celtic music and dancing. It was pretty good and explored the boys Irish heritiage.

I think we watch more Nick than Disney - for the kids.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Aaediwen 
Posted: 16-Aug-2004, 06:23 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

I have mixed feelings about what Disney does to get their animated features. They pull out a traditional story from somewhere, edit it to be 'PC' edit it again to ensure a happy ending and a G rating, then draw up some really nice artwork for it. Nice that it gets these stories exposure, and revives them for the current and next generation. But it's also a shame how much they edit out in the process. And then it would be nice if they would admit that the stories aren't theirs originally. They really should site the original source, even if it is Public Domain.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Danann 
Posted: 16-Aug-2004, 08:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Alabama

female

I know which one you're talking about, Macfive. I've watched it several times to - where he sends the villain to the shores of Erie. I have to admit I did like that one... unsure.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 16-Aug-2004, 09:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
255,098 Gold!

QUOTE (Aaediwen @ 16-Aug-2004, 08:23 PM)
I have mixed feelings about what Disney does to get their animated features. They pull out a traditional story from somewhere, edit it to be 'PC' edit it again to ensure a happy ending and a G rating, then draw up some really nice artwork for it. Nice that it gets these stories exposure, and revives them for the current and next generation. But it's also a shame how much they edit out in the process. And then it would be nice if they would admit that the stories aren't theirs originally. They really should site the original source, even if it is Public Domain.

Oh don't get me started on Disney. Kinda like a love hate relationship. On one hand, I do love the theme Parks of Walt Disney - even though they are very much over priced.

On the other hand, I don't like what Disney has become today. Just a big money making machine. It is not in the spirit of Walt Disney. And I don't think Michael Eisner has any business trying to influence politics and the PC industry.

If anyone has the movie 'Pirates of the Caribbean', put on the DVD bonus feature and watch Walt Disney explaining what the Pirates of the 'Caribbean' ride is going to be like (1967). And what you will find is just a man that loves what he is doing - creating. Simple as that.......

Disney today, Roy Disney, Michael Isner and the board of Disney - its all about the Stock price and maximizing profits.....

PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 16-Aug-2004, 10:09 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

QUOTE (Macfive @ 16-Aug-2004, 11:37 PM)
Oh don't get me started on Disney. Kinda like a love hate relationship. On one hand, I do love the theme Parks of Walt Disney - even though they are very much over priced.

On the other hand, I don't like what Disney has become today. Just a big money making machine. It is not in the spirit of Walt Disney. And I don't think Michael Eisner has any business trying to influence politics and the PC industry.

If anyone has the movie 'Pirates of the Caribbean', put on the DVD bonus feature and watch Walt Disney explaining what the Pirates of the 'Caribbean' ride is going to be like (1967). And what you will find is just a man that loves what he is doing - creating. Simple as that.......

Disney today, Roy Disney, Michael Isner and the board of Disney - its all about the Stock price and maximizing profits.....

I know what you mean, Macfive. However, February 2005 will see my family at Walt Disney World in Orlando. When our two youngest grandchildren were born in 1999 my hubby and I stated that when they were 5 we would pay for a weeks vacation for all 11 of us to Florida, including Walt Disney World. Boy, did that 5 years fly by. Now we ask ourselves....what were we thinking? laugh.gif

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]