Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
222,601 Gold!

Background: Donoghue or Donohoe, more properly O'Donoghue, is one of the most important as well as the most numerous names in Ireland. In Irish O Donnchadha, it denotes descendant of Donnchadh, anglice Donogh, a personal name. Several distinct septs o the name existed in early times. O these the principal are O'Donoghue of Desmond, O'Donoghue of Ui Maine (Hy Many) and O'Donoghue of Co. Cavan. The modern representatives of the two latter usually spell the name Donoghoe, and are still found plentifully in Counties Galway and Cavan, while the first-named are mostly in Counties Kerry and Cork, I.e. in the Desmond country. They are of the same stock as the O'Mahonys, descended from Domhnall son of the King of Munster who took part in the battle of Clontarf in 1014.

Variations: Danahy, Denian, Deniau, Deniou, Donachie, Donaghe, Donaghu, Donaghue, Donaghy, Donahew, Donahey, Donaho, Donahoe, Donahoo, Donahoue, Donahue, Donahugh, Donehew, Donehoo, Donehue, Doneyhoo, Donhoe, Donhou, Donhue, Doniho, Donihoo, Donihue, Donnahoe, Donnahoo, Donno, Donnohue, Donnou, Donnowho, Donoahue, Donocho, Donochoe, Donogh, Donoghoe, Donoghue, Donohew, Donoho, Donohoe, Donohoo, Donohou, Donohoue, Donohow, Donohue, Donohugh, Donougher, donoughue, Donoughy, Donowho, Donoyou, Dumphy, Dunaho, Dunahoe, Dunahoo, Dunahue, Dunchue, Dunehew, Dunehoo, Dunfee, Dunfey, Dunfy, Duniho, Dunihoo, Dunnahoe, Dunnahoo, Dunnahue, Dunnehoo, Dunnihoo, Dunphey, Dunphy, O'Donoghue, O'Donohoe, O'Donaghue, O'Donahoo, O'Donahue, O'Donaughue, O'Doneghue, O'Donnoghue, O'Donoghoe, O'Donoghue, O'Donogu, O'Donohoe, O'Donohoo, O'Donohue, O'Donoughue, ODonoghue.

More Info: http://heraldry.celticradio.net/search.php?id=113

Discussion of this family is welcomed.

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteRead My Blog View My Photographs               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]