SCShamrock 
Posted: 29-Nov-2006, 12:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: Gamecock Country

male

Again, thank you all! I need the prayers and support you so graciously give, and ask God to bless you all.

Lynn, I know exactly what you mean. I actually have encountered one person who will not drop his hatred of me for five seconds to wish my son a full recovery...but I know eventually he will have to confront that hatred in one form or another. I can only pray it is in this life that he finds peace.

I am about to update my journal. Not much news, but this is as much for my benefit as anything else. I will continue to check in periodically. Thank you all!

--------------------
The peculiar evil of silencing the expression of an opinion is, that it is robbing the human race; posterity as well as the existing generation; those who dissent from the opinion, still more than those who hold it. If the opinion is right, they are deprived of the opportunity of exchanging error for truth: if wrong, they lose, what is almost as great a benefit, the clearer perception and livelier impression of truth, produced by its collision with error. ~John Stuart Mill, On Liberty, 1859

Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge.
~Mark Twain
PMEmail Poster               
sisterknight 
Posted: 29-Nov-2006, 08:55 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

we all need an outlet at times it's what keeps us human and strong in times of distress...writing is a wonderful outlet, don't stop..aaron is in my prayers continually
vik

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 29-Nov-2006, 12:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

I agree with sisterknight; writing is a good outlet and it helps to clear your mind a bit; especially in times when at a certain point your thoughts start to spin around and around without any result.
I did this while going through very hard times; I wrote it down, all my thoughts, my emotions, my hope and despair, pain and small, small joys, I was crying, cursing, being all silent... In the long run it helped a lot to find my way through it all.

We are all brothers and sisters, children of one God, no matter by which name we call him; we are family. Maybe this thought could help you when you feel alone or forsaken.

You are all in my prayers.

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Monarchs Own 
Posted: 29-Nov-2006, 03:51 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Phenix City, AL - back in the good ole USA

female

My heart goes out to you and your loved ones, especially Aaron. You are still in my prayers - all of you!

--------------------
user posted image
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 06-Dec-2006, 07:46 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

I am so sorry that my well-wishes and prayers are so late in coming, but you have them my friend! I am crushed for you at this terrible news. I will keep him, as well as you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care and God bless!
Allen

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 06-Dec-2006, 10:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

I will add your son in my prayers tonight too. I just saw this post today and can understand what you are going through. Stay strong in spirit. I'm praying a prayer as I type for you and your family that you will all make it through this difficult time.
Shalom

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
hologramrose 
Posted: 07-Dec-2006, 12:46 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacElder

Realm: Los Angeles, CA

female

I just read the journal entries and posts tonight but wanted to let you know that Aaron will be in my prayers and wishes each night and I'll add his name to our wishbox at work. I was so sorry to read of his ordeal but I'm glad at least that he is at home right now with you and surrounded with love.
take care,
chelsea

--------------------
It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honors the we are fighting, but for freedom -for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with his life....."
-The Declaration of Arbroath 1320
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
SCShamrock 
Posted: 07-Dec-2006, 10:33 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

male

Many thanks again to all those who are praying for Aaron and our family. God's love is so wonderful and perfect, and although I have my difficult moments in understanding what is happening, I do realize that this is part of life's incessant cycle of trials that, in one form or another, hit us all. I would ask for a special prayer for my wife Dawn. She is having a very difficult time coping with things, and needs to learn to lean on God's promises and grace. Remember her as you pray today, that God will comfort her as she tries so hard to be strong.

Updating my journal today. Thanks to those who are reading it.
PMEmail Poster               
Muircheartach 
  Posted: 07-Dec-2006, 11:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Sunny Sunnyvale, CA

male

Hi Robert,

Without a doubt, you, Dawn and Aaron will be kept in our prayers! I'll update my prayer request for you so that my church knows about Dawn's needs as well.

Please let her and Aaron know that we're all praying for you!

Blessings and love!

--------------------
Best cheers! Robbie
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 07-Dec-2006, 12:54 PM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

SC I will include your son and your familiy in my daily prayers.

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
rwkingv 
Posted: 08-Dec-2006, 07:51 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Griffin, GA

female

We are honored to be able to pray for your son and will gladly do so.

From a mother's perspective, isn't it comforting to know so many people are praying specifically for him.

God be with you all and please keep up informed as to his progress,

Kenya
PMEmail Poster               
SCShamrock 
Posted: 12-Dec-2006, 02:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

male

QUOTE (rwkingv @ 08-Dec-2006, 08:51 AM)
From a mother's perspective, isn't it comforting to know so many people are praying specifically for him.

Kenya,

Yes, it truly is a comfort to know that. I am just amazed at how the internet (which is the source of so much evil) has been so instrumental in gathering loving hearts around my son and my family.

By the way, thank you to all who have visited Aaron's site. If you have somehow missed the post, then I'll say it is the reason I have stopped the journal here. I don't have the time for two journals. I don't even have the time for tv watching. Guess that will be tough for me when I resume classes in January. Anyway, that address again is http://caringbridge.com/visit/aaronmcgrady. I know a heap of you have already visited, and I can't thank you enough for signing the guestbook and for all the wonderful blessings. Christmas is almost here, and Aaron will be coming home from his second round of chemo on Christmas Eve. I don't know how he will feel, but I know it will be a good time to share all the kindness you people have shown over these last weeks. God bless you all!
PMEmail Poster               
emerald-eyedwanderer 
  Posted: 12-Dec-2006, 05:48 PM
Quote Post

The Gypsy Artist
Group Icon

Group: Celtic Princess
ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Wherever life takes me.

female

I hope you all have good news to celebrate this Christmas. He will be in my thoughts and prayers.

--------------------
Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you judge people you have no time to love them. ~Mother Teresa

Help Out

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Antonio 
Posted: 12-Dec-2006, 05:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Tracy, California U.S.A.

male

Hello, I'm new here! I read this post today and had to reply. May the Lord hear the prayers, of so many who truly care for your son Aaron. And may I add my prayers for him also. What you must feel I could not even begin to imagine, but as a father I feel for you. I pray that God grant you the strength, to endure and carry on. May the Lord bless you and your family, I will remember Aaron in my prayers.

Antonio

--------------------
Semper Fi

"If a man has found nothing he's willing to die for, he is not ready to live"

DISCIPLINE MUST BE A HABIT SO INGRAINED THAT IT IS STRONGER THAN THE EXCITEMENT OF BATTLE OR THE FEAR OF DEATH.
General George S. Patton

Laws that forbid the carrying of firearms, disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assulted, and better for the assailants. They serve rather to encourge, than to prevent homicides. For an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

Thomas Jefferson
PMEmail Poster               
stoirmeil 
Posted: 13-Dec-2006, 09:34 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: New York

QUOTE (Antonio @ 12-Dec-2006, 06:53 PM)
Hello, I'm new here! I read this post today and had to reply. May the Lord hear the prayers, of so many who truly care for your son Aaron. And may I add my prayers for him also. What you must feel I could not even begin to imagine, but as a father I feel for you. I pray that God grant you the strength, to endure and carry on. May the Lord bless you and your family, I will remember Aaron in my prayers.

Antonio

How wonderful, Antonio, that that is your very first post here. Hope you will come on the site often and let us get to know you better! Yes, it's a place full of some great, very intensely human humans -- warts, halos and all. smile.gif Welcome!

Rob -- He'll be home for Christmas Eve, then, God willing? I hope like crazy he'll be feeling good enough to really get into the spirit of the holiday and enjoy all the love of his family and friends (and some holiday fixin's -- I think it must be hard on all of you when his natural, growing boy's pleasure in good food wanes a little). Good cheer together, every precious moment of the season, to all of you.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]