Posted: 25-Sep-2004, 08:19 AM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

The following link is found in Kirk and Chapel.... it is the link to the web page I am directing your attention to here, not the posts in the topic! It is worth your while to visit the web page mentioned in the post!

http://www.celticradio.net/php/forums/inde...t=0&#entry85627

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Sekhmet 
Posted: 25-Sep-2004, 11:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

Go easy, Shadows.

It *is*, after all, their forum. And you're not going to change their minds.

...just tryin' to keep the peace.
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Shadows 
Posted: 25-Sep-2004, 01:07 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

Not trying to change their minds! Just supplying a link to you folks!
And we all can read and post anywhere in this whole FORUM.... I had promised the mod of Kirk and Chapel I would not post any more to the one post , but never did I say I would stay out of her forum altogether and I do not think that is what she wanted anyway. I asked a question that I thought was in order and expected an answer.

Anyway that is not why I posted the link... it falls in our rhelm and I wanted to share without taking away from the original poster.
Sekhmet 
Posted: 25-Sep-2004, 01:31 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

QUOTE (Shadows @ 25-Sep-2004, 03:07 PM)
And we all can read and post anywhere in this whole FORUM.... I had promised the mod of Kirk and Chapel I would not post any more to the one post , but never did I say I would stay out of her forum altogether and I do not think that is what she wanted anyway. I asked a question that I thought was in order and expected an answer.

I never said we couldn't. But keep in mind that Kirk & Chapel is *their* forum, and like-minded folk will gather there, just like here. You'd be on the defensive too if someone started asking questions like you did there in this one.

I'll give you that the link's most interesting. But I'm forced to agree with Tassiecelt; it's not something normally seen by Christian folk and I can see where they'd be iffy about it. That's their prerogative. All he was asking for was dialogue amongst the *Christian* folk.

Again, just trying to be the diplomat...
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 26-Sep-2004, 01:08 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Tasmania, Australia

male

Thank you Sekhmet for your words.

I wasn't going to say anything, it is not my wish to offend or appear "exclusive', but the post I made in Kirk and Chapel I was specifically inviting opinions from Christians.

It's not that I don't value opinions from non-christians, my other posts should show that I do, but not on that specific topic, which is why I posted it there and not here.

--------------------
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
bubba 
Posted: 26-Sep-2004, 08:03 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Northeast Wisconsin

male

One must tread lightly when religion is involved which is why I don't go to Kirk and Chapel. Not that I don't respect their faith, but I don't share it. It's entirely too easy to seriously offend someone in these matters. A well meant comment or statement can too often be counter to someone elses articles of faith and cause hard feelings.

--------------------
[SIZE=7]Curtesie is cumbersom to them that kens it not.
PMEmail Poster               
Shadows 
Posted: 26-Sep-2004, 05:13 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

QUOTE (Sekhmet @ 25-Sep-2004, 02:31 PM)
QUOTE (Shadows @ 25-Sep-2004, 03:07 PM)

I never said we couldn't. But keep in mind that Kirk & Chapel is *their* forum, and like-minded folk will gather there, just like here. You'd be on the defensive too if someone started asking questions like you did there in this one.

I'll give you that the link's most interesting. But I'm forced to agree with Tassiecelt; it's not something normally seen by Christian folk and I can see where they'd be iffy about it. That's their prerogative. All he was asking for was dialogue amongst the *Christian* folk.

Again, just trying to be the diplomat...

Like I said all I asked was a simple question so I could understand why he felt the way he did... I am bible literate and saw nothing in the book that disallows healing.
I just wanted to understand where he was coming from and that is all!
Tassiecelt 
Posted: 27-Sep-2004, 07:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Tasmania, Australia

male

QUOTE (bubba @ 27-Sep-2004, 12:03 AM)
One must tread lightly when religion is involved which is why I don't go to Kirk and Chapel. Not that I don't respect their faith, but I don't share it. It's entirely too easy to seriously offend someone in these matters. A well meant comment or statement can too often be counter to someone elses articles of faith and cause hard feelings.

Bubba, there was really no problem. I went to a Christian forum asking for advice from other Christians, two Christians in particular gave me good advice, I thanked them.

That's what the forum is all about, when used properly - it works, whether "religious" or not.

There was no question of needing to tread lightly, they understood me and I them .

I love the way this site is set up for forums to keep everyone happy! It treads where xmarks won't go, but does it well.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
bubba 
Posted: 27-Sep-2004, 08:53 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacHawthorn

Realm: Northeast Wisconsin

male

Graham, glad there was really no problem. I've learned over the years that conflicting beliefs can really cause a great deal of it even when no disrespect was meant. I agree with you about these forums. I see a great deal of respect here, even on what might be considered sensative subjects. Some great folks here and thanks for tipping me off to this place.
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]