Shenaniganz247 
Posted: 03-Sep-2008, 11:54 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAsh

Realm: Wise, VA

male

There's this band I've seen for about the past 3 years called Coyote Run, they do a lot of the celtic fests around here in Southwest Virginia. They're out of Williamsburg. They do some great things play tons of instruments and do more than just celtic music. I was amazed to see them at the Virginia Highlands Festival Celtic Fest this year play the Battle of New Orleans made famous by Johnny Horton and 4 of the guys brought out trombones and just wailed on them, you don't see that too much anymore but they were awesome.

And they also are going to Ireland early next year and taking some fans with them on a tour and playing for them every other night. I don't know of too many bands that would do that. You get more than just a tour of Ireland, you get a great tour with them and entertainment too???

My fiancee and I were really wanting to go but it is way too close to our wedding and there is no way we can afford both, I'm hoping they do it the next year tho.

Post here if you've heard of them or seen them live or if you just want more info on them. They really shouldn't be missed.

Also post more great live celtic bands here if you wish that maybe just aren't on the mainstream but have a big following in the celtic festival realm

thanks smile.gif

--------------------
ALBA GU BRATH
PMEmail Poster               
Shenaniganz247 
Posted: 07-Sep-2008, 09:58 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

male

Just came back from a 2 day celtic festival in Elizabethton Tenn called Sycamore Shoals Celtic Fest. Coyote Run was there and yet again played more great shows all weekend. I've never seen many bands interact with the crowd as much as they do, but there is one guy in the band that basically helped all weekend, he helped set up the equipment, he did any of the heavy work that was needed, and when he was done, he came up and watched the other bands with the crowd and conversed with them until it was time for him and his band to go on. You don't see that much anymore because most bands are so into themselves they dont' really care about anyone other than themselves. and aside from that they were fantastic as always.

I suggest everyone go onto their myspace page and check them out or go on youtube and search them, they've got several live videos of them at celtic festivals and renaissance fairs. I hope you enjoy them as much as i do
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 08-Sep-2008, 05:01 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

Sorry Shenanigan247 but I don't know that band.
I check them out on youtube for sure...

Thanks,

LOA

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PM My Photo Album               
Shenaniganz247 
Posted: 21-Aug-2009, 10:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

male

If any of the mods or creators of CR could possibly try to get in touch with this band to see if they'd be willing to spread their music to the world of CR i think it'd be an addition well made. I sent them some info about it earlier in the year and they said they'd be in touch with me after they discussed it, but I'm sure it slipped their minds. I'm thinking that if someone with some power within the website approached them then they'd be open to the idea. This band is simply amazing!!!

www.coyoterun.com
PMEmail Poster               
mcnberry 
Posted: 21-Aug-2009, 11:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

Hello Shenaniganz247!
I have never heard of them, but of course did a little searching on youtube. Here is their first video!

"Coyote Run's first music video, set to the tune "But For Blood." A narrative tale of an ex-soldier in medieval times who finds himself wrapped up in one more duel..."

They seem to be a fun bunch!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
Shenaniganz247 
Posted: 21-Aug-2009, 11:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

male

yes i have their live cd/dvd combo called places that has that video but for blood in it as well. They are very energetic and a crowd favorite no matter where they go.

They always have a celtic christmas in their hometown area in december as well and in this area we have been lucky enough that they are bringing that show to Abingdon, VA in early december that I am certainly getting tickets for.

Their sound is amazing, I encourage everyone to give them a listen.
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 22-Aug-2009, 09:58 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi Shenaniganz247, LOA and mcnberry I too love this band. I have been in contact with them. I hope we will be hearing their music soon.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
englishmix 
Posted: 22-Aug-2009, 02:39 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: My place

COYOTE RUN is loads of fun! Thanks for the video Mcnberry!

I first saw them as the top act at First Night in Williamsburg, Virginia about three years ago. It began raining cats n dogs, but they still held the crowds - amazing. They have very unique instruments and sound, plus a great wardrobe, too!

But I just saw them this past May at the Scottish Festival in Carrollton, KY! I would go out of my way to see them perform, as they are that good.
PMEmail Poster                
Shenaniganz247 
Posted: 22-Aug-2009, 05:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

male

YAY i'm glad to see there are other followers of the coyotes!!!

I really wanted to go to the Grandfather Mountain Highland Games in Blowing Rock, NC to see them play there too along with Barleyjuice and some others but unfortunately was not able to get away from work

they also do a great thing the last couple of years where they take some fans with them on weeklong tours of Ireland and next year they are heading to scotland around september. I'm hoping to be able to come up with enough $$$ to jump on this venture.

They are just a fan friendly band and no matter who i've seen them play with, even if they didn't have the best set in the world or someone maybe played a lil bit better, the fans still support and cheer them more than any i've ever seen. It's a great thing to behold..... and the wide array of instruments???? wow is all i can say.... i do wish that david would go back to the accordion instead of the keyboard tho, i seem to like the sound better that way, but even still they are by far one of the best celtic bands I have ever had the privelege of seeing live.

hope to hear their music here soon!!!!
PMEmail Poster               
Nilsemann 
Posted: 30-Aug-2009, 10:50 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

male

That was one cool video, singer reminds of someone, but I cant place him.
Oh well, it will come to me eventually, anyway I really enjoyed watching.
walkman.gif

--------------------
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!

Rudyard Kipling

And when it comes to music..
Play something irish

Cheers
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Shenaniganz247 
Posted: 31-Aug-2009, 12:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

male

Coyote run started out as a folk kinda band, but the lead singer has always been there. His name is david doersch. amazing vocals and one helluva accordion player although he has recently switched to the keyboard instead.
Doug Bischoff is the man of way too many instruments and plays just about anything you could name.
If they come in ur area you'd be a fool to miss them!!!!
PMEmail Poster               
Rindy 
Posted: 07-Sep-2009, 07:00 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I see the new album is in from Coyote Run. Now I'm off to request. Yay it will be wonderful hearing them here on Highlander Radio.

Slainte
PMEmail Poster               
Shenaniganz247 
Posted: 07-Sep-2009, 10:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

male

YESSSSS!!!!!!! i'm so freakin happy that Coyote Run finally got put up on here. If no one has heard of them yet I invite you to give them a preview and then request away!!!!!!!!
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]