> Wisdom Keepers, Any cultures wisdom & related discussion
myriad 
Posted: 17-Nov-2003, 07:45 AM
Quote Post

Knight of the Round Table

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHazel

female

Thank you Castlehigh for your praise and suggestions. As you can see I greatly appreciated and agreed with them. I will post another soon. Hopefully a name will present itself in due time. Thank you again.
PMEmail Poster               
myriad 
Posted: 17-Nov-2003, 07:51 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacHazel

female

a childs' wanderings

the heavenly realms
perched on high
winds whispering
through the white
snow of feathers
moonlight gleaming
farsical patterns on
wintry eves

snow crystals
and frost smiles
into the night sky
like thousands of
stars bouncing eratically
within the forest

movement of tiny
fairies dancing spastically
creating enchantment
and mystical plays
for a childs imagination
~Louise
PMEmail Poster               
myriad 
Posted: 17-Nov-2003, 07:56 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacHazel

female

ahh but for a bit of wisdom today...

"What on a lower level led to the wildest conflicts and to panicky outbursts of emotion now looks like a storm in the valley seen from the mountain top. This does not mean that the storm is robbed of its reality, but instead of being in it, one is above it." -- Carl Jung

Thoughts on this?
PMEmail Poster               
Angel Whitefang (Rider) 
Posted: 18-Nov-2003, 04:02 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacRowan

Realm: Portland, Oregon

female

Myr,
I am always so moved when I drop by... thank you for hsaring your words with us
angel.gif
PMEmail Poster                
myriad 
Posted: 19-Nov-2003, 08:13 PM
Quote Post

ZodiacHazel

female

fantastic 2nd page is a fun place to be smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 21-Nov-2003, 03:50 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacAsh

male

Myriad,

The first little snowflake are for us children. Yes I still consider myself as a child many times.

It is so cool to out in the night when they start flying and I get excited by seeing them.

Good job Myriad, keep them coming. thumbs_up.gif

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 27-Nov-2003, 03:02 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

Elder's Meditation

"People and nations who understand the Natural Law are self-governing, following the principles of love and respect that insure freedom and peace."

--Traditional Circle of Elders, NAVAJO-HOPI Joint Use Area

The Natural Laws work hand-in-hand with the circle. Each part of a circle will look to the center and will see something different. For example, if you put an irregular shaped object in the center of a circle and you have people standing in a circle around the object, each one will describe it differently. Everyone in the circle will be right. Only by honoring and respecting everyone's input, can the truth about the object be revealed. We need to learn to honor differences.

My Creator, let me honor all differences.

PMEmail Poster                
myriad 
Posted: 01-Dec-2003, 08:12 AM
Quote Post

ZodiacHazel

female

Wow, thank you for your wisdom. This would be great in the euro vs amer thread as well. Thank you.
Mary
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 04-Dec-2003, 10:17 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

T?was The Night Before Christmas

"T?was the night before Christmas,
they lived all alone,
in a one bedroom house made of
plaster and stone.

I had come down the chimney
with presents to give,
and to see just who
in this home did live.

I looked all about,
a strange sight I did see,
no tinsel, no presents,
not even a tree.

No stocking by mantle,
just boots filled with sand,
on the wall hung pictures
of far distant lands.

With medals and badges,
awards of all kinds,
a sober thought
came through my mind.

For this house was different,
it was dark and dreary;
I found the home of a soldier,
once I could see clearly.

The soldier lay sleeping,
silent, alone,
curled up on the floor
in this one bedroom home.

The face was so gentle,
the room in such disorder,
not how I pictured
a United States soldier.

Was this the hero
of whom I?d just read?
Curled up on a poncho,
the floor for a bed?

I realized the families
that I saw this night,
owed their lives to these soldiers
who were willing to fight.

Soon round the world,
the children would play,
and grownups would celebrate
a bright Christmas day.

They all enjoyed freedom
each month of the year,
because of the soldiers,
like the one lying here.

I couldn't help wonder
how many lay alone,
on a cold Christmas Eve
in a land far from home.

The very thought
brought a tear to my eye,
I dropped to my knees
and started to cry.

The soldier awakened
and I heard a rough voice,
"Santa don't cry,
this life is my choice;

I fight for freedom,
I don't ask for more,
my life is my god,
my country, my corps."

The soldier rolled over
and drifted to sleep,
I couldn't control it,
I continued to weep.

I kept watch for hours,
so silent and still
and we both shivered
from the cold night's chill.

I didn't want to leave
on that cold, dark, night,
this guardian of honor
so willing to fight.

Then the soldier rolled over,
with a voice soft and pure,
whispered, "carry on Santa,
its Christmas day, all is secure."

One look at my watch,
and I knew he was right.
"Merry Christmas my friend,
and to all a good night,"

This poem was written by a Marine stationed in Okinawa, Japan.
PMEmail Poster                
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 04-Dec-2003, 03:39 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

This was sent to me by our Turtle Clan Mother

Elder's Meditation

"The smarter a man is the more he needs Creator to protect him from thinking he knows everything."
--George Webb, PIMA

A spiritual person needs to be careful. The more confident we are, the more likely our egos will get us into trouble. It's relatively easy to become self-righteous. We start to think we are teachers and others are students. We start to judge others. We start very subtlety at first, to play Creator. After a while we really get good at it. This is very dangerous. We need to remind ourselves, we are here to do Creator's will. We need to pray every morning. Each day we need to check in with Creator to see what He would have us do. At night we need to spend time with Creator and review our day. By doing these things, we will stay on track.

My Creator, guide my path and show me how to correct my life.
PMEmail Poster                
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 06-Dec-2003, 03:47 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

This was sent today by our Turtle Clan Mother.

Elder's Meditation

"In the end I tell my children, there's no way I can tell you how to be an Acoma, how to be an Indian. You have to experience it."
---Stanley Paytiamo, ACOMA PUEBLO

Each person must make their own journey. It is like every human is given a life canoe. The canoe has one seat and one paddle. In order to get anything out of life we must be in the canoe and we must paddle down the river of life. Now, I can share with you how my journey has been, but I cannot paddle your canoe. You must paddle your own. Good luck!

Creator, I'm so glad I have You to guide my path.
PMEmail Poster                
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 13-Dec-2003, 03:17 AM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WASN'T LOOKING
(Written by a former child)

A message every adult should read, because children are watching you and doing as you do, not as you say.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you hang my first painting on the refrigerator, and I immediately wanted to paint another one.

When you thought I wasn't looking I saw you feed a stray cat, and I learned that it was good to be kind to animals.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you make my favorite cake for me and I learned that the little things can be the special things in life.

When you thought I wasn't looking I heard you say a prayer, and I knew there is a God I could always talk to and I learned to trust in God.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you make a meal and take it to a friend who was sick, and I learned that we all have to help take care of each other.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you give of your time and money to help people who had nothing and I learned that those who have something should give to those who don't.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw you take care of our house and everyone in it and I learned we have to take care of what we are given.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw how you handled your responsibilities, even when you didn't feel good and I learned that I would have to be responsible when I grow up.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw tears come from your eyes and I learned that sometimes things hurt, but it's all right to cry.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I saw that you cared and I wanted to be everything that I could be.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I learned most of life's lessons that I need to know to be a good and productive person when I grow up.

When you thought I wasn't looking, I looked at you and wanted to say, "Thanks for all the things I saw when you thought I wasn't looking."

Each of us (parent, grandparent, aunt, uncle, teacher or friend) influences the life of a child. How will you touch the life of someone today?
PMEmail Poster                
Stargazer 
Posted: 13-Dec-2003, 08:07 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacAlder

male

Kudos to the spreading of knowledge and wisdom, for learning should never conclude smile.gif . Here is some chinese wisdom explained by Bruce Lee upon the yin-yang for those of you who may not fully understand the yin-yang, or for those of you who would like to broaden your perspective upon it:

Yin - yang

On yin-yang. - Yin and yang are two interlocking parts of one whole, each containing within its confines the qualities of its complementaries. Etymologically, the two characters of yin and yang mean darkness and light.

The etymology of yang. - The yang (whiteness) principle represents positiveness, firmness, masculinity, substantiality, brightness, day, heat, etc.

The etymology of yin. - The yin (blackness) represents negativeness, softness, femininity, insubstantiality, darkness, night, coldness, and so forth.

The basic theory underlying yin-yang. - The basic theory in yin-yang is that nothing is so permanent as never to change. In other words, when activity (yang) reaches the extreme point, it becomes inactivity, and inactivity forms yin. Extreme inactivity will, in the same way, return to become activity, which is yang. Activity then is the cause of inactivity, and vice versa. This system of complementary increasing and decreasing of the principles is continuous. From this, one can see that the two forces (yin-yang), although, they appear to conflict, in reality are mutually interdependent; instead of opposition, there is cooperation and alteration.

Yin-yang is not dualistic. - The common mistake of the Western World is to identify these two forces, yin and yang, as dualistic; that is, yang being the opposite of yin, and vice versa. At best they see the two forces as cause and effect, but never paired like sound and echo, or light and shadow.

Yin-yang - not yin and yang. - You cannot use the word "and" when speaking yin-yang, as yin-yang is never two, but rather poles of one interconnected process. Just as in pedaling a bicycle; you cannot just push or not push; unless both legs are working together, you cannot get anywhere. Neither can be omitted or separate from the other. Why do we have to use this kind of thinking? It's like trying to move an elephant by pulling it - very unnatural. We must follow the natural course, just like the up and down of pedaling a bicycle. If you tried to pedal by just pushing - or by just releasing - you would get nowhere and would never get to enjoy the beauty of the scenery outdoors.

On the balance inherent in yin-yang. - In the yin-yang symbol there is a white spot on the black part and a black spot on the white one. This is to illustrate the balance in life, for nothing can survive long going to either extreme, be it pure yin (mere passiveness) or pure yang (mere activeness). Notice the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survive by bending with the wind. Extreme heat kills and so does extreme cold; no violent extremes can endure long, but a sober moderation [can]. Therefore positiveness (yang) should be concealed in negativeness (yin) and vice versa.

K'un (yin) is the perfect complement to ch'ien (yang). - K'un (yin, the receptive) is the perfect complement of the ch'ien (yang, the positive) - the complement, not the opposite, for the receptive does not combat the positive (ch'ien) but complements it. The receptive must be activated and led by the positive (ch'ien). Only when it abandons this position and tries to stand as an equal side by side with the positive, does it become evil. Each is the cause and result of one another. The result then is opposition to struggle against the positive, which is evil. It is the positive that begets things, but they're brought to birth by the receptive. The receptive accommodates itself to the qualities of the positive and makes its own. Therefore the receptive has no need of a special purpose of its own, nor of any effort; yet everything turns out as it should. The yin opens when it moves and closes at rest. Be soft yet not yielding; firm, yet not hard.

On Zen and yin-yang. - Zen has derived many of its concepts from Chinese belief in balance : yin, which is feminine and gentle, and yang, which is masculine and firm. Having accepted that basic idea, another must be added: there is no such thing as pure yin or yang. Gentleness should cloak firmness; firmness should be modified by gentleness.

Yin-yang and the relationship of good and bad. - Good and bad or pleasure and pain exist but for the other. Instead of opposites, they are complementaries and [each] is a function each of the other. First of all, if I have not felt pain how can I distinguish pleasure, or vice versa? Looking at the sky I can distinguish a smaller star because of the big stars, and if there were no black sky at all, there would be no stars. It is not a matter to struggle between the good and bad, but to flow like waves on the water.

The way of yin-yang. - When one wishes to expand, one must first contract. When one wishes to be strong, one must first be weak. When one wishes to take, one must first give. Everything in this world has the alternative of existence and nonexistence (positive and negative).

Yin-yang and its relationship to Eastern and Western culture. - Nothing is superior in every aspect. The Occidental education is excellent in some ways, the Oriental in others. You will say, "This finger is better for one purpose; this finger is better for another." But the entire hand is better for all purposes. There are good points in Oriental culture; there are good points in Occidental culture. Oriental culture and Occidental culture are not mutually exclusive, but mutually dependent. Neither would be remarkable if it were not for the existence of the other.

Yin-yang represents totality. - In reality, things are whole and cannot be separated into two parts. When I say "the heat makes me perspire," the heat and perspiring are just one process as they are coexistent, and the one could not exist but for the other. Just as an object needs a subject, a person in question is not taking an independent position but is acting as an assistant. Things do have their complementaries, and complementaries coexist; instead of [being] mutually exclusive, they are mutually dependent and are a function each of the other. No part has a life of its own, but each exists in complementary interaction WITH the other. Yin and yang mutually help each other - duality in harmonious relationship.

Yin-yang and extremes in trends. - Nothing can be secured by extremes. For instance, the haircuts worn by boys at this time are not haircuts at all, but disguises. The fashion cannot last, because it is extreme and will soon tire the wearer and the beholder. Possibly the beholder more quickly, but a vast boredom for all in any case. The so-called jet set is really boring to that extent that they all go to extremes.

Yin-yang and chatterboxes. - The more volubly one talks, the quicker will come his exhaustion.

- Bruce Lee 1940-1973

--------------------
Mellonīn, Im annale i galu calad, meleth, ar i Benain
PMEmail Poster               
MacErca 
Posted: 14-Dec-2003, 09:37 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Houston, Texas

male

Very good stargazer, here are some insights from the Wolf as I have a strong affinity for wolves I thought this would be an apropriate time to place this tidbit of wisdom for all to share in.

Despite the Wolf's reputation as being a fierce creature to be feared by man; in the spiritual world he is actually valued for his affinities with human kind. The reality of it is that the wolf is actually a very social; intelligent and friendly animal; He is one of the most faithful of all animal guides. The wolf and the raven are very close in the spiritual world as the wolf will often be led to food by the raven; and the raven will also follow the wolf closely.
If you were to take the time to study the wolf you may realize the wonderful qualities and energies that this magnificent creature will bring into your life as your guide; you will learn to understand the qualities that this guide urges you to live by.
Although a wolf certainly has the strength and knowledge to stand alone; he shows us the importance of family and friends. The pack is a wolf's large facet of meaningful survival. The pack learns to work together and respect one another's position within the pack; there is much to be said here if we heed to the wolf's knowledge. As a leader of his pack the wolf will use his descipline to keep the wolfs in order; on the same flip of the coin the wolf leader also shows great love and affection for all members of his pack...seeing here the importance of descipline and love within a family unit. The wolf qualities within your life may make you feel as if you need to spend time alone; but don't deny the importance of companionship and togetherness. To know and accept the wolf as your guide will help to bring these qualities into your life where they may be lacking; if just being introduced to the wolf he may be encouraging you to bring and allow these qualities into your life.
The wolf brings all of the qualities of faithfulness,intuition,the shadow and learning. Inner strength is the key to strength and power; if you feel restless within yourself at times; and when you are alone you feel such a stirring from deep within that you feel a fear and uncomfortableness; this may be your innerstrength and power calling to you. You should face those feelings and stirrings within and learn to know your deepest self and even the darkest of places within known as the shadow. When you accomplish this is when and where you will find courage and TRUE spiritual companionship.
The wolf brings learning with him; he tells us that sometimes we must cross barriers in our lives; take risks and to even sometimes go beyond what is considered "normal" behavior in order that we may learn and grow. These barriers may be difficult and painful to cross at times but knowledge is gained through experience; and strength is gained through battles.
If you have embraced, accepted, and know Wolf; you become whole and learn to face your own inner strength; fierceness and power. You learn to trust yourself uniting with the hidden side of your being; find the true power!! Your dreams and intuition will help you to come to know your innerself; pay heed to them. You will allow all of the qualities and energies he brings into your life. An introduction to the wolf may indicate that he is urging you to listen to his message and allow his qualities and energies into your life; he may be telling you that the fear you may feel of aloneness may in reality be a fear of your own inner fierceness and strengths; dwelve within the darkness and discover your inner strength and come to know your inner self.

--------------------
"Cuimhnich air na daoine o'n d'thaining thu"
Remember the men from whom you are descended.

I am Wolf.
It is my cry you hear in the night,
My eyes that gaze at you from the shadows.
It is my heart that beats in your Soul,
My strength that makes you whole.
I am Wolf. I am in you.
You are in Me. We Are Wolf.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
MacErca 
Posted: 14-Dec-2003, 09:46 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHazel

Realm: Houston, Texas

male

Wolf Totem
Wolf - Teacher. Though the moon rises every night Wolf always finds something new to learn from it. We, too, in exploring the hidden paths of consciousness, may discover new truths to share with the rest of our clan, the human race.

Wolf's Wisdom Includes :
Facing the end of one's cycle with dignity and courage
Spirit teaching
Guidance in dreams and meditations
Instinct linked with intelligence
Social and familial values
Outwitting enemies
Ability to pass unseen
Steadfastness
Skill in protection of self and family
Taking advantage of change

Wolf is the pathfinder, the forerunner of new ideas who returns to the clan to teach and share what he has found. Wolf takes one mate for life and is loyal like the dog. Wolf has a strong family tie as well as an individualistic urge. Like Wolf, we also have a strong sense of family and yet still embody our individualistic urges, dreams and ideas.Wolf has very keen senses and the moon is its power ally. The moon is a symbol of psychic energy and holds the secrets of knowledge and wisdom. Wolf medicine allows the teacher in all of us to come forward and aid the children of earth in understanding the Great Mystery of life.Wolf has come to you to tell you to use your powers of teaching to help others. You may have a hidden answer to a pressing problem or a method for the problem to be solved. Wolf is asking you to share your knowledge with others so that they can benefit from it. Wolf may also be telling you to seek out a place of loneliness, where you can think and delve into yourself for answers that are needed but hidden at this time.

PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]