Posted: 03-Feb-2012, 09:17 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacElder

Realm: Ganado, Navajo Nation, Arizona

male

John and Wanda Casias were missionaries near Monterrey, Mexico. They were dear friends of ours and we loved them dearly. We knew them from church work many years ago and they treated my wife and me like their own kids. There were no better people on earth. They went to Mexico with a love in their hearts for the Mexican people and a desire to tell people of the saving grace that is found in the person of Jesus Christ. They did a great job starting churches and helping folks in need.

On Tuesday, John and Wanda closed their eyes in death and awoke to see the face of our sweet Jesus. Sometime between 11:00 Am and 4:00 PM, someone who they apparently knew came over to their home and brutally murdered them. They were found by their son, Shawn, who we knew as a young teenager so long ago.

When I preached on Wednesday night to our Navajo folks about prayer, I had a very difficult time getting through the service. My wife and I are broken-hearted. And yet, I know where they are and I will have the joy of seeing them again someday (I John 5:13 KJV 1611). The loss is certainly ours and the gain is to Heaven.

They knew they lived in an area increasingly run by the cartels and the element that comes with them. Their love for the Mexican people and for Lord Jesus kept them there. Some have said they should have left, but they refused to leave the people they loved. I am proud to have known them and look forward to a grand reunion day.

Something these dear folks earned - The Crown of Life. Revelation 2:10 says "Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life."

Thanks for reading this. It sure helped me to write it, but it was not about me. It was to honor the lives of John and Wanda Casias, servants of the Lord.

--------------------
Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost. -- John Quincy Adams

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less - Robert E. Lee

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved - Romans 10:13 (KJV)

The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble, and he knoweth them that trust in him - Nahum 1:7 (KJV)
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Joanne25 
Posted: 03-Feb-2012, 10:37 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Redmond, WA

female

That's so terrible... I'm so sorry for the loss of your friends. sad.gif My prayers are with you and those that loved them...
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 03-Feb-2012, 10:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

Thank you very much, Joanne. It was very much a shock when I got word of it. They had ten children, all grown. Please do keep them in prayer. They are still unsure as to when the bodies will be released.

Take care and Lord bless.
Vixie 
Posted: 03-Feb-2012, 11:13 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacRowan

Realm: SW Mountain Desert

female

I'm so sorry for your loss. Tragedies of this sort are always so hard to deal with, but most especially when it's the loss of servants such as these who only wanted to help and never harm. This is where our faith is tested the most, I think, when the "Why Lord?" questions have to become the "But I know You know best and are in control" answers.

The Lord will walk by your side through this valley, brother. Take His hand and let Him comfort you as only the Good Shepherd can. heart.gif

--------------------
Slàinte mhòr agus a h-uile beannachd duibh!
(Good health and every good blessing to you! -- Scots blessing)

Victoria Dunn, author writing under the pseudonym Ria MacAlister
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
haynes9 
Posted: 03-Feb-2012, 11:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

Thank you, Vixie. It's a real comfort knowing that folks are praying and that the Lord has not been taken by surprise in any of this. He is our Strength!
Shadows 
Posted: 04-Feb-2012, 11:18 AM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

I grieve!!!
It always seems to be the best of mankind that the worst takes away from us.

I pray!!!

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Robert Phoenix 
Posted: 04-Feb-2012, 05:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Ironwood, MI

male

And may still find it hard to believe that Christianity is the most persecuted religion in the world. Prayers for your friends. They have earned their white robes.

--------------------
Unavoidably Detained by the World

"Irishness is not primary a question of birth or blood or language; it is the condition on being involved in the Irish situation, and usually of being mauled by it."-Conor Cruise O'Brien

Pour mouth to mouth
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 04-Feb-2012, 10:34 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

QUOTE (englishmix @ 04-Feb-2012, 09:47 AM)
Condolences to you. It may best honor Christ to pray for the souls of those who did and witnessed such a wicked deed, that they might repent and yet be saved...

Couldn't agree more, englishmix. I am reminded that the men that killed Jim Elliot, Nate Saint and others so many years ago later on were saved and some even preached the Gospel. There is certainly no place for hatred in this.

Whether we live or die, we are the Lord's. There may be more who hear the message because of their passing. May the lord's name be magnified.
DiMaSt 
Posted: 05-Feb-2012, 11:53 AM
Quote Post

Servant
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacBirch

female

ah, this is a sad thing. Prayers for their family, and for those in Mexico who they were serving. Thanks for sharing the story with us.

I was in Ganado for a couple of days once, we had cousins who were teachers/missionaries there. Probably has changed a bit, that was over 40 years ago.
PMEmail Poster               
haynes9 
Posted: 05-Feb-2012, 02:43 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

Been to Ganado? One of the few and the proud!! tongue.gif The main roads are better, but Ganado seems to be the same Ganado from years gone by.

Thanks for your prayers. It's been encouraging to see how God is using all this. Guess that's why He's God!

Lord bless and have a great day!
haynes9 
Posted: 10-Feb-2012, 02:21 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacElder

male

The stateside funeral for John and Wanda, held on Wednesday, February 8th, was attended by well over 500 people at Liberty Baptist Church in Lewisville, Texas. We were told that Pastor Dick Webster did a wonderful job preaching the message and challenging those attending to continue to serve the Lord.

There work will go on. The work of the Lord is always bigger than those of us doing His work, but I will always be grateful for the memories of these dear folks and how they loved me and my family. They were those rare friends that you do not come across all the time.

Adios, mi amigo! I look forward to the day when Tricia and I see you both on the other side.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]