maggiemahone1 
Posted: 10-Jul-2004, 06:07 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

QUOTE (Dreamer1 @ 09-Jul-2004, 12:39 AM)
Hi everyone,

I thought I'd let you know how the "war" goes so far....

I got really frustrated with one of the most stubborn colonies--they wanted to take over that section of the garden! nono.gif I retaliated by grabbing a can of Victor Wasp and Bee spray (the foaming variety) and aimed that nozzle right down the main hole. nuke.gif Drained half the can before the foam began seeping up through their emergency exits all around the area. I waited a minute to let it all soak in, then drained the rest of the can. Yes, I know it was vicious of me, but I've tried to be nice then downright gave them notice and they refused to pay attention!! That was about three days ago, and there's been no more activity in that area of my garden! I'm going out to replenish my supply of Victor's! tank.gif robot.gif

(I know that the Bait varieties are also successful usually, but our dog thinks they're invaders on her turf and pulls them up, then chews them for good measure. That's why I'm going this route instead.)

Thanks again everyone! I'm continuing the war, will send regular reports in as often as possible. **Reporting from the Northern Front....**

Dreamer1 thumbup.gif

Hey A Woman's Gotta Do What A Woman's Gotta Do! We can only take so much and then look out! There's nothing more Deadly than a Woman with a Can of Wasp and Bee Spray! biggrin.gif

maggiemahone1
PMEmail PosterUsers Website                View My Space Profile.
Kamchak 
Posted: 10-Jul-2004, 06:21 PM
Quote Post

Master At Arms
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Southern U.S.

male

QUOTE (Shadows @ 09-Jul-2004, 09:43 PM)

but using this herb is less dangerous then the toxic man made stuff being pushed by some here.

Now look at ya! I bet you never met a FIRE ANT mound have ya? For us I don't think we have any other type of ants because the fire ants have complete control of all subterainian living arrangements....LOL!

--------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ![SIZE=7][COLOR=green][CENTER]
PMEmail Poster               
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 09-May-2005, 05:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

Realm: Maryland

female

Ok...time to revive a topic! HELP ME!!! I'm battling these pain in the butt buggers in my house! I have these little black ants all over the place. I spray them and they move somewhere else. They used to be bold enough to be seen out in the open...but I guess I've driven them into the walls. sad.gif First I found a huge nest that they set up in one of my Orchid pots. I had to throw away the orchid, pot, and all because it was totally infested! So, I ended up taking my other orchid and replanting it in totally new bark because it had a couple ants in it too...but not too bad.

Today, I found an ant nest by a power outlet on my wall in the basement. I had one of those large AC adapter plugs plugged into it, and those darn buggers had set up a nest right on top of it like a little ledge. Had eggs all over it. Nothing like ants crawling in and out of the plug area as a nice little doorway.

My neighbor has ants too and she has an exterminator come once a month. She said it does no good that she can see. I've been using RAID ant and roach spray. It works great on the ants you can see, but all it seems to be doing is chasing them to a different place each time.

I think I might be understanding now, why we're the 5th occupants to own this house in the past 8 years. They are definitely enough to drive you out. sad.gif

--------------------

user posted image
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
Shadows 
Posted: 09-May-2005, 05:18 PM
Quote Post

Reader of souls, vision seeker, TROLL
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: The frontier of Penn's Woods

male

BORAX...you know the 20 mule team stuff... also know as boric acid...

place it on the hills and paths... it is more potent then the lemon and pennyroyal...

I always go for the most environmentaly safe methods first, then I go from there...

--------------------
I support the separation of church and hate!

IMAGINATION - the freest and largest nation in the world!

One can not profess to be of "GOD" and show intolerence and prejudice towards the beliefs of others.

Am fear nach gleidh na h–airm san t–sith, cha bhi iad aige ’n am a’ chogaidh.
He that keeps not his arms in time of peace will have none in time of war.

"We're all in this together , in the parking lot between faith and fear" ... O.C.M.S.

“Beasts feed; man eats; only the man of intellect knows how to eat well.”

"Without food we are nothing, without history we are lost." - SHADOWS

Is iomadh duine laghach a mhill an Creideamh.
Religion has spoiled many a good man.

The clan MacEwen
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 09-May-2005, 05:42 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

female

I have no hills and tunnels. They're in the house! sad.gif I don't see any of these things in the yard. Should I just sprinkle this stuff on my carpet along the perimeter of the walls?

Hubby is at k-mart now, and called to see if I needed anything. He found 20 Mule Team and is picking some up now. rolleyes.gif
Shadows 
Posted: 09-May-2005, 06:10 PM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

Yes! Just remember this stuff is an acid and can bleach where it touches if it gets damp or wet... try it first in an area that is not visible, if you have small children or pets it is wise to keep them away also...

it is much safer then then some of the chemical alternatives...
DesertRose 
Posted: 09-May-2005, 06:10 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Irish Stepper, I use the Borax too. I sprinkle it on my carpets and leave it on for a few days and then vacuum it up. You would be surprised the insects that come out and meet their death from this stuff! Make sure there are no ant hills or such outside either and kill them outside too. but you said you already checked the outdoors, but generally if ants are inside, they are usually outside too.........just from my personal experience. Good luck on those irritating varmints.

--------------------
Fine art & photography by DESERT ROSE IMAGES
http://www.desertrose-images.com
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Irish Stepper 
Posted: 09-May-2005, 06:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacOak

female

I'm sure they're outside somewhere...I just can't find em! I don't think they do the usual ant hills like Fire ants do.

How about putting this stuff in a fertilizer spreader and spreading it though my lawn. Would it kill the lawn? unsure.gif
DesertRose 
Posted: 09-May-2005, 07:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: The desert of Arizona

female

Oops! good question! I don't know. I have used it on my carpets despite the fact that I have dogs and it has never bothered them.............that I know of. unsure.gif Didn't realize the stuff was THAT powerful till Shadows said how much so. Oops!
PMEmail PosterUsers WebsiteMy Photo Album               
Shadows 
Posted: 10-May-2005, 06:52 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

male

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 09-May-2005, 08:41 PM)
Oops! good question! I don't know. I have used it on my carpets despite the fact that I have dogs and it has never bothered them.............that I know of. unsure.gif Didn't realize the stuff was THAT powerful till Shadows said how much so. Oops!

Just follow the cautions on the box...I think it is only harmfull if swallowed.

as for spreading on your lawn... I would just spread a thin path around the base of your foundation, that should keep them away from inside.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
©2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics ©2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt