Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Worker Options -, Releasing excess workers.
davlcam 
Posted: 13-Mar-2009, 04:12 PM
Quote Post

Servant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Southern California

male

The most urgent thing that needs to be fixed, and one that I think would be quite simple to fix, is to add a button on the Workers page that allows you to "release" workers that you don't need / cant use.

This is causing quite a bit of consternation among players. Excessive recruitment is bumping people out of contention range for fighting.

If you want to be the King, - increase in rank, go for workers, but if you want to be able to fight, you need to be able to dump them.

--------------------
Ruithidh an taigeis fhein le bruthaich.
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 13-Mar-2009, 06:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacIvy

female

Davlcam,

I understand your suggestion here but I must disagree in some way.
Again as I said many times...when recruiting workers one should not invest more then what the computer suggest as amount to invest...if one do so then one can expect a substantial amount of workers as results.

And second, one doesn't have to put them all to task and third it all comes down to the "natural disaster" suggestion made to be introduce into the game...this could be consider as a disaster.

There is only one solution to this dilemma you are talking about and it is being attacked unfortunately and face possible destruction and then start over again.

An over population within one kingdom brings unemployments,poverty and theft and diseases along with many other undesirable occurences.

Yes I see this as one disaster already in place into the game so to me it doesn't need to be fixed from the administration view in needs a careful attention from players and logic.

Lady of Avalon

--------------------
"Few men are brave:many become so through training and discipline."
Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"I think a hero is an ordinary individual who finds strenght to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles."
Christopher Reeve
PMRead My Blog View My Photographs               
davlcam 
Posted: 13-Mar-2009, 07:09 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Southern California

male

My Lady of Avalon,

(Who may herself be the once and future Queen)

The way I see it, the disaster is in wasting all that gold on unwanted workers.

But as it stands now, if you screw up and pull too many workers, or say you attack someone with slavers to try to hurt their score, you are stuck with workers you cant shuck off, which automatically raise your score.

With the level caps on who you can attack, this essentially can boost you to a level where you cant really do much, because your score is too high to attack anyone, as you are well aware, having experiences this yourself.

As it stands now I wont ever send slavers on an attack, because I don't want the workers. It doesn't mean I don't want to capture the workers from my enemy, I just don't want to keep them as it will artificially boost my score. Thus we have another troop type that has become somewhat worthless, like the Knight. (Not as bad but still not very useful.)

I don't think one mistake should ruin the game, or force a start over, for any player. Games that do this in my opinion are flawed. djam really has no viable alternative but to cancel his account and start over if he ever wants to contribute in battles, which is really unfortunate in that he would probably play more, and enjoy the game more, if he could simply dump some workers. After all, the game is about having some fun, not being penalized ruthlessly for a mistake of ignorance. And he is not the only one stuck with this problem.
PMEmail Poster               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 13-Mar-2009, 07:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

Davlcam,

Again I understand and hear what you are saying and you are intitle to your opinion but for one my score was not due to recruiting unwanted workers...one I inheritated some from my last battle with EIO clan and second I have become too strong in terms of army size...

If and I apologize for my bluntness here...But if the other members of the other clans and some lone players would get their act together and play the darn game like it is supposed to be played and stop proclaiming peace that they want to live in their kingdoms...well the game would not be such a bore...but they all stay there and doing what...nothing. N.O.T.H.I.N.G.
I even put myself on the block for an all out attack upon my kingdom to reduce my score and they did nothing...so people are not interested in playing...it's a complete mystery to me as I don't know what interest they find in doing nothing at all.

And again I don't see this as a punishment to start over I see it as a lesson in gaining experience into the game and again it comes down to the disaster thing to kingdoms and/or reset where we will ALL have to start over at one point or another.Thus loosing ALL of our resources and ALL that we have worked for to build in terms of kingdoms and start over.

And my dear davlcam if you have noticed I did not name anyone in my post in regards of the incident of workers you did...thus putting that person in jeopardy.

Lady of Avalon
Taliesin 
Posted: 13-Mar-2009, 08:38 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Central Valley, California, USA

male

If and I apologize for my bluntness here...But if the other members of the other clans and some lone players would get their act together and play the darn game like it is supposed to be played and stop proclaiming peace that they want to live in their kingdoms...well the game would not be such a bore...but they all stay there and doing what...nothing. N.O.T.H.I.N.G.

I certainly can see your frustration. However....

Out of Character:

My protestations of loyalty were merely politics. If I were of a size to have attacked you, I would have done so, all the while protesting my loyalty. wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif That's what politics is all about. smile.gif

In Character:

Well, nothing more to say in-character, really. smile.gif

--------------------
-Taliesin

A Scotsman Abroad
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
LadyOfAvalon 
Posted: 13-Mar-2009, 08:50 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacIvy

female

QUOTE (Taliesin @ 13-Mar-2009, 09:38 PM)

I certainly can see your frustration. However....

Out of Character:

My protestations of loyalty were merely politics. If I were of a size to have attacked you, I would have done so, all the while protesting my loyalty. wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif That's what politics is all about. smile.gif

In Character:

Well, nothing more to say in-character, really. smile.gif

Ah! my dear Taliesin...lords like you lost their heads in medieval time as it is short of treason...out of character. wink.gif

But indeed the workers situation is a misconception that the players thinks that the more you recruit the more you'll increase your resources...mistake...build up and the more you will acquire the more the income.

Lady of Avalon
Taliesin 
Posted: 14-Mar-2009, 10:27 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Central Valley, California, USA

male

I intend for my head to stay squarely on my shoulders. Though yes, there were many lords who lost their heads for treason against the crown. The key is learning to back the right horse. wink.gif

Or....becoming a horse one's self. smile.gif
PMEmail PosterRead My Blog View My Photographs               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]