Posted: 28-Feb-2006, 03:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

Realm: Conyers, GA

male

From MSNBC.com:

For the second time in recent months, somebody broke into a 16-year-old girl’s home and stole her prosthetic leg — including one that had been donated following the first crime, authorities said.

The thieves took a $12,000 cosmetic leg and a donated $16,000 leg that Melissa Huff uses to play softball, her mother, Lisa Huff, said. She said a camera in the room was untouched.

“It’s insane. Who hates her that bad?” Lisa Huff said. “I went back to the girls’ room and the room was trashed. Mostly Melissa’s stuff.”

From Yahoo.com:

“I was picking up my little brother from school when my mom called me and asked where I left the two prosthetic legs,” Huff, who lives in the Los Angeles suburb of Temple City, told Reuters in an interview.

“I knew right then that it had happened again.”

So this teen girl has two prosthetic legs: one for normal everyday use (that cost $12,000) and one for sports use (that cost $16,000). And now, for the second time, someone broke into her home and stole both of these legs. Unless these criminals are well-connected I doubt they’re going to be able to sell these on the black market; prosthetic legs are custom-built for one person, they’re not usually universal in their application. So that leave us with these thiefs being nothing more than mean, cruel people.

In November, thieves broke into the Huff residence and took just her prosthetic limb. After that incident, Melissa’s prosthetist and a local real estate company donated about $16,000 for a new limb.

The stolen limb was discovered in the teenager’s backyard about a month ago, apparently thrown there by the thieves.

This was not about money - this was an attack against the girl personally.

Her “sports leg” was something special, donated by the community. An act of grace and kindness by her neighbors. And now taken away by malevolence.

Melissa Huff lost her real leg two years ago while standing in front of Dana Middle School when a driver lost control, drove on the sidewalk and hit her.

“Now, she has nothing to walk with,” said her father, David Huff.

Melissa was injured in an accident. Something not of her own doing. And she lost a leg. She’s only 16-years-old. The community, seeing her athletic abilities, bought her a special one for playing competitive softball. Then they find her leg thrown back into her yard. Then someone breaks into her home and steals both legs, leaving her without the ability to walk.

I certainly hope there is a special place in Hell for someone with this level of viciousness, this level of hatefulness, this level of despicableness. This is beyond teenaged pranks or horseplay. If the community finds this person I hope they prosecute them, as an adult, to the fullest extent of the law AFTER they purchase two new legs for this girl.

--------------------

Clan Mac Cullaich:
- Brewed in Scotland
- Bottled in Ulster
- Uncorked in America

Common Folk Using Common Sense
PMEmail Poster               
Senara 
Posted: 28-Feb-2006, 03:29 PM
Quote Post

Musican/Ruler of the Dells/Warrior
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Caer Portshire, Mist Hollow

female

QUOTE (Shamalama @ 28-Feb-2006, 03:04 PM)
I certainly hope there is a special place in Hell for someone with this level of viciousness, this level of hatefulness, this level of despicableness. This is beyond teenaged pranks or horseplay. If the community finds this person I hope they prosecute them, as an adult, to the fullest extent of the law AFTER they purchase two new legs for this girl.

frusty.gif that's being too kind to them...letting them buy the girl new legs. I'm thinking we ought to amputate the legs off the twerps that are breaking in and stealing the prosthesis. Let them hobble around for a while and try to get censored.gif done.

Then again I always thought they should bring back public stonings for idiots like this....
fish.gif

--------------------
Senara-ism : Life is like a theatrical production only you get to be actor, director, and audience all at once. So break a leg, sit back and enjoy the show!

"When the waves are high and the light is dying, raise a glass and think of me..." -Gaelic Storm

Cha chòir dòrn a thoirt an aghaidh pòig.
A kiss ought not to be met with a fist.

Thig crioch air an saoghal, ach mairidh gaol is ceòl.
The world will pass away, but love and music last forever.

"I am a crazy, rabid squirrel! I want my cookies!" Hammy-Over the Hedge
PMEmail Poster               
Aaediwen 
Posted: 28-Feb-2006, 08:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Super Moderator
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Kentucky

male

The public stonings sound good. After you amputate. The way they did in 1800! Filthy, rotten bastards.

--------------------
Poet and seeker of knowledge

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
connor1985 
Posted: 28-Feb-2006, 08:31 PM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacIvy

male

i must agree with everyone. there really are not words to describe how ignorant this really is. for a young girl (or person) to suddenly and violently lose their legs over something they did not and could not control is extreamly traumatic. whoever did this crime should have there legs broken every inch and told to walk around if they refuse they are stood up and FORCED to walk and thats just for the pain. then take the leg off at the knee and NEVER give them a prosthic leg or anything and see if they can function! sorry i'm a little into you reap what you sow and these people deserve the very worst fate anyone can think of. i myself think disembowlment would be a fitting end to these people. but thats just me wink1.gif giljotiini.gif death.gif clap.gif

--------------------
May all your hardships fade away till night becomes morn, may love remain to guide your way... till the day we are reborn.

Untill the day till all are one.

Every man dies, not every man really lives.

PMEmail Poster                
sisterknight 
Posted: 22-Mar-2006, 11:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

sick,sick pups should be shot!! bash.gif censored.gif evil.gif

--------------------
non nobis domine,non nobis sed nomini tua da gloriam.

OKAY, WHAT DID I DO NOW??
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 22-Mar-2006, 09:14 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

I have a few ideas in my "Cruel and Unusual" file! When they are caught send them to me! dribble.gif

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 22-Mar-2006, 10:23 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

I have to agree with everyone's opinion of what should be done to these Nonhuman beings. thumbdown.gif But I think that you are too kind.

But if you are into Punishment, the only thing that I could think of that is worse. That would be giving these Nonhuman being to the Shawnee Women. If you have any knowledge of Shawnee Laws, we have No Jails, we didn't need them. I will leave the rest to your imagination. jawdrop.gif

--------------------
May your days be filled with Merriment and May you walk in Balance with Creator.

"For every day you fish, you live another day"
PMEmail Poster                
sisterknight 
Posted: 23-Mar-2006, 08:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacOak

Realm: clarks corner, new brunswick

female

ooooo,i love it!!!!not only does the man know how to fish, but he knows where to send people to be tortured!!!! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Richard Bercot 
Posted: 24-Mar-2006, 07:52 PM
Quote Post

House of Hardy
Group Icon

ZodiacAsh

male

QUOTE (sisterknight @ 23-Mar-2006, 09:01 AM)
ooooo,i love it!!!!not only does the man know how to fish, but he knows where to send people to be tortured!!!! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

Sister Knight,

I am Humbled by your Kind Word. notworthy.gif But what can I say coming from Shawnee, Irish and French Ancestry. wink.gif My People know how to PARTY. naughty.gif
PMEmail Poster                
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]