Posted: 21-Apr-2006, 11:15 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacVine

Realm: south central Kentucky

female

Hi Gals,

Past my bedtime, but thought I'd stop by to see how everyone is doing. Hubby and I are planning on traveling to Florida tomorrow as long as the weather isn't nasty. If so, we will leave on Sunday. We are going to pick up my mom and bring her home. Hopefully we will be home by next weekend. Guess I should pack. Oh well, I'll do it in the morning. biggrin.gif

Marti...hope you enjoy your weekend. Sounds like fun. Glad you like your new job. That's a plus.

Monarch....have fun arranging your new furniture. Always feels good to make changes around the house. The past couple of weeks I have rearranged the furniture in both the living and dining rooms. Feels so good!! smile.gif

Siobhan...glad to be back. Spring is usually the best time to sell a house so hopefully you will soon be able to make the move to the country. It is definitely a great life. I could never move back to the suburbs. It's been 22 years since I have lived in a neighborhood. I'm definitely a country gal now!! wink.gif

--------------------
With God............all things are possible
PMEmail Poster               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 05-May-2006, 06:26 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

clap.gif
We have a buyer for our house!!! I'm so happy - they signed a contract with us yesterday. So if all goes as scheduled, we'll close at the end of the month and have a week to move out. I can't believe its taken 8 months to sell this place - it seems like a couple of years. Now we have the pleasant problem of finding a place in the country! All the ones we liked a couple of months ago have sold, so we have to start from scratch finding a little farm.

I told my husband last night, I have lived in the suburbs my entire life and I'm sooo tired of it, Bluegrasslady! For once I want peace & quiet, land and pasture and open spaces, and horses right there within sight instead of half an hours drive away.

This feels like the beginning of a new life! What a joy.

SB

--------------------
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king..."
user posted image

SGGardner Art

www.SouthernShireFarm.com
PM               
Rindy 
Posted: 05-May-2006, 10:31 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

I am so happy for you SB- woo hoo!!!

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 06-May-2006, 08:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

SB....congrats, SB.....I'm so happy for you!!! biggrin.gif

BGL
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 06-May-2006, 09:40 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey there, SB! You know me and Fred are pretty happy for you. He is all excited and anxious to hear all about what you find! have fun!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Siobhan Blues 
Posted: 12-May-2006, 07:25 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Wow - this house buying adventure has taken an unexpected turn. We went house hunting Saturday with a terrific real estate agent and saw 9 places; there was one in Dallas that we thought would be good since its nearer our work & church, but the price was too high and the sellers wouldn't negotiate. They were downright rude, to the point that the sellers agents mama actually called our agent later and apologized! We went out Sunday afternoon with our kids to show them this place and to our surprize they all hated it. The land wasn't that good and the price was definately too high. We decided not to negotiate any further.

We knew from our agent on Saturday that the house in Bremen that we had a contract on in January is still on the market... spontaneously on Sunday afternoon my husband & our kids drove out to see it, the family was home, Reid went to the front door & knocked and when the owner came out Reid said "I want to buy your house!" When the guy realized we're the ones who wanted to buy it months ago, he was quite surprised and pleased... long tale shortened, the fellas shook hands on it and signed official contract papers Wednesday. Soooo, if all continues to proceed well we're now got a house to move to! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Fred will approve, Rose! A 4-year old house with nary a flaw.
PM               
BluegrassLady 
Posted: 14-May-2006, 08:07 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Hi Ladies'

First, I want to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day!

SB....what great news! So happy for you. Will you beable to have your horses at the new place? Love to see some pictures.

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the weekend.

BGL smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Annabelle 
Posted: 15-May-2006, 08:57 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacElder

Realm: Outer Space

Congrat's on the New House SB!!

I am in the middle of tearing apart this old home I bought last year and redoing it. I love the feel of grit under my feet!!! Saw Dust thru my hair and insulation irritating my skin.....my my life is good! But I love it.

Love the smell of fresh sawed wood!!! I love to tear things up so I can redesign and build things. But I hate to caulk and paint!!! Yep I could give that up for lent for the next 30 years.

Belated Happy Mother's Day to all!

--------------------
My heart will always be in the Highlands!

www.highlanderhouse.com
PMEmail Poster               
Elspeth 
Posted: 16-May-2006, 06:58 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Wales
ZodiacReed

female

Hey A!

I'll caulk and paint for you if you help me someday use powertools on a place of my own. biggrin.gif

SB - I'm so envious I could eat dirt! As one who has lived in the 'burbs too all her life, I can imagine your overwhelming joy to have a place where you can breathe!! Congrats!

--------------------
Compassion is the sometimes fatal capacity for feeling what it is like inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.
- Frederick Buechner

If society prospers at the expense of the intangibles,
how can it be called progress?

-LLP
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 17-May-2006, 01:16 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

First of all, Happy belated Mother's Day to all you mothers! I have four legged kids, so you are the true mothers! Hope it was great for you all!

SB, I am sure Fred would love your new home. I hope we can see it one day soon. We are so excited for you and how God has worked it all out! Now all this dirty work of packing and moving..yuk! Keep us posted when you can! Want to see the pics of the horses at your new place too!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

CelticRoz 
Posted: 17-May-2006, 01:16 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

First of all, Happy belated Mother's Day to all you mothers! I have four legged kids, so you are the true mothers! Hope it was great for you all!

SB, I am sure Fred would love your new home. I hope we can see it one day soon. We are so excited for you and how God has worked it all out! Now all this dirty work of packing and moving..yuk! Keep us posted when you can! Want to see the pics of the horses at your new place too!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Rindy 
Posted: 19-May-2006, 06:01 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

SB Congratulations on the new house! I couldn't remember if I told you or not...
hope to see some pictures when you get settled in..

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Lil 
Posted: 22-May-2006, 04:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Spring Hill, Florida, USA

female

Hey, Ladies, just stopping in to say "HI" and I've missed you all and this place a lot! It's been crazy round here the last couple of months, work keeps switching my schedule, driving me, and my hubby nuts. We have decided to go back to school, now the concern in just trying to decide what we want to do and how we're going to pay for it. I promise I'll try to pop in more often, I have to, my Celtic side is missing you all! I hope everyone is well, Happy Belated Mother's day and happy Birthday, Anniversary, to anyone that I missed, also, Congrats on the new house, SB!

Lil
PMEmail Poster               
Lil 
Posted: 22-May-2006, 04:28 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Spring Hill, Florida, USA

female

Hey, Ladies, just stopping in to say "HI" and I've missed you all and this place a lot! It's been crazy round here the last couple of months, work keeps switching my schedule, driving me, and my hubby nuts. We have decided to go back to school, now the concern in just trying to decide what we want to do and how we're going to pay for it. I promise I'll try to pop in more often, I have to, my Celtic side is missing you all! I hope everyone is well, Happy Belated Mother's day and happy Birthday, Anniversary, to anyone that I missed, also, Congrats on the new house, SB!

Lil
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 22-May-2006, 10:38 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey Lil! Happy to hear from you! Oh, I hope school works out for both you and hubby. That is very difficult, I know. You hang in there. Any ideas what you might consider yet? I have considered going back to school myself. Worry about certain issues first though. Keep us posted!
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]