Patch 
Posted: 04-Nov-2010, 02:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacIvy

Realm: America, Mid West

male

The federal reserve plan to defeat deflation is an extremely risky move. We have never gone to this extreme before so we have no example to look at. However in other countries, they have been unable to get off of the "ride" and spiraled into triple and quadruple inflation rates.

At the same time Brenneke was announcing his plan to "create inflation, I believe it was the NY Times that ran a story about inflation that had hit nearly everything in the last 6 months. I have seen prices rocket upward myself.

In a "realistic" food basket, we are probably experiencing around 12 to 14 percent inflation now. All of us do not buy a house, auto and major appliances every year.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
englishmix 
Posted: 04-Nov-2010, 07:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Realm: My place

More than risky, it is just a facade that to make the economy look better than it is, with such great risk to actually tank it! Our government is absolutely unbelievable. One would think they were enemy spies trying to sabatoge our nation ...
PMEmail Poster                
Patch 
Posted: 04-Nov-2010, 09:41 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

If any country has been successful in doing this I am not aware of it.

The time has come to invest in material things that will still have value during hard times.

Finding silver at garage or yard sales is harder to accomplish by the week. Silver is still a good investment though a bit pricy now. Gold is too rich for my blood. I had purchased a few African coins about 25 years ago and now wish I had bought more.

There is a reason people are advertising to buy your "broken or unwanted gold."

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
MacEoghainn 
Posted: 05-Nov-2010, 10:58 AM
Quote Post

Fear-leanmhainn an Rìgh
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Cape Coral, Florida, USA, Planet Earth

male

Confused say: "You can beat a dead horse, but you can't make it drink."

The Fed is trying to fix something with tools that weren't meant to be used on the problem. There is already too much money sitting on the sidelines and interest rates are at or near zero already. The major problem right now is an out of control Federal Government and its bureaucracy. Hopefully Nov 2nd did something about that, but we still have to make it through the lame-duck session of Congress (and who knows what kind of mayhem a bunch of unhappy losers and a Dimocrat party watching its grip on the country slip away will do).

sad.gif

--------------------
MacE
AKA
Steve Ewing

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

"Non sibi sed patriae!"

Reviresco (I grow strong again)
Clan MacEwen motto

Audaciter (Audacity)
My Ewing Family Motto
(descendants of Baron William Ewing of Glasgow, born about 1630)

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum." from "Epitoma Rei Militaris," by Vegetius

PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.
Jillian 
Posted: 06-Nov-2010, 08:09 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Pennsylvania

female

Did anyone hear Donald Trump's interview (can't remember...think it was w/Greta Van Susterin)?

He mentioned that he would place an import tax of 25% on Chinese goods if he were running things...forcing America to rebuild it's manufacturing sector!

Jillian

--------------------

"Disappointments are inevitable. Discouragement is a choice."
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 06-Nov-2010, 11:03 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

We are rewarding companies that move off shore with tax breaks and have one of the most repressive tax rates on US business in the world. There is something wrong with that picture.

We need to tax all imported items and PARTS to make it profitable for new companies to step in and fill the void here.

Actually we need to shake up the government from top to bottom. That may take 4 years which is a long time to be involved in politics. Having a business man as president would be a good start.

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
englishmix 
Posted: 06-Nov-2010, 10:53 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Apparently, the Obama is preparing the way for American job creation in India. He wants to get more dissadents (like me) to leave the country and move there, I guess.
PMEmail Poster                
Patch 
Posted: 08-Nov-2010, 01:01 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

I wish that when I was met with adversity and disappointment I could take a lavish vacation to exotic places to soothe the pain. However in my world, I must just suck it in and trudge forward! I guess it IS good to be king!

Why would we be looking for jobs in India anyway?

Slàinte,    

Patch    

PMEmail Poster               
Patch 
Posted: 08-Nov-2010, 03:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Breneke's plan is being met with much disgust and anger in Europe and Asia where we hope to sell bonds. He may be putting us on the fast track to economic doom. There have been rumors that Calif. Ill. and NY will likely be bailed out in the same manner.

Gasoline just passed $3.00 a gal today here.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
englishmix 
Posted: 09-Nov-2010, 11:53 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Gas is between $2.95-3.10 a gallon here now. I think the FED policy will cause other nations to despise us more. I am very nervous about our near term future in the year or two ahead. And now a missle has launched off the coast of California and our government with all its sattellites etc says they know nothing of it.
PMEmail Poster                
Patch 
Posted: 09-Nov-2010, 04:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Ground beef is over $3.00 a pound and pork steak just under. Hot dogs are about
$4.50 and most lunch meat is over $5.00 That used to be "cheap" meat. I do believe that there is worse coming. Chicken wings and legs are still under $1.50 but the protein to bone ratio is not good.

As for the missile, it came out of the water and headed off shore. Had it been a foreign sub, the missile would have headed east.

I suspect that the Russians picked up on it and maybe we had a close call. I do not believe that a missile launched from a sub off the coast of California could have reached Russia though I could be wrong.

If it was not "ours" or a "foreign country's", who? One would need a high tech sub and missile. which would require billions from a private citizen. Maybe Gates, Soros or the like? I doubt it.

We certainly live in interesting times.

Slàinte,   

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
Jillian 
Posted: 14-Nov-2010, 08:50 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Brittany
ZodiacOak

Realm: Pennsylvania

female

...maybe if we gave California to Mexico, it would completely take out their country. They want to be part of Mexico anyway don't they? (she says with tongue in cheek!)

Jillian
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
Patch 
Posted: 14-Nov-2010, 08:57 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

male

Default is but a matter of time and with no safety net, the illegals in Calif. do not want any part of mexico. My guess is that when the party ends they will return to mexico or head for other sympathetic parts of the US.

Slàinte,    

Patch    
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]