Posted: 13-Mar-2008, 06:33 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

I wouldn't have suggested taking a tour, even for your first trip there but, in your case, being Canadian, the Trafalgar tours work out as a better deal when it comes to the Euro verses the Canadian dollar. Just make sure you do all the rest of your trips to Ireland on your own. That's when you will see the true Ireland. Not the tourist Ireland. I think you will understand what I mean after you have finished your trip.

Enjoy and by all means, mingle with the Irish as much as you can. They will melt your heart and put a smile on your face with their generosity and warm welcomes.

Do me a favor. When an American-Irish goes to Ireland, the Irish always say, "A Yank has come home". Find out what the Irish say when a Canadian-Irish visits Ireland. biggrin.gif
PMEmail Poster               
lawrence50 
Posted: 13-Mar-2008, 09:24 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

male

Will do and report back when I am back
PMEmail Poster               
Finduella 
Posted: 29-May-2008, 07:53 AM
Quote Post

Clan Member

ZodiacBirch

female

dear Shrule Egan, I noticed in an earlier post that you bring rocks back with you, I do too.
When I came back from Scotland and Ireland a bought back 3 kilo's of beach rocks , I love them and I have found my family really adore them,sometimes treasuring them more than the gifts I buy.
I thought it was a fairly excentric thing to do and I'm glad the airport customes didn't mention it !
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 29-May-2008, 06:46 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

The bulk of the rocks that I have brought back from Ireland, are from the Egan farm in Brackloon Shrule, Co. Mayo. I've sent most of those off to my cousins, since I know, they will never get the chance to go to Ireland and see the place for themselves. Not one of them have ever said, they don't want the rock. As far as I know, each one has been placed on a mantle or shelf and displayed proudly. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 29-May-2008, 08:40 PM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

I'm not a relative of Egan's biggrin.gif , he's kind enough to send me rocks thru the mail (for the past 2 years)and I appreciate it so much...and they are on my mantel. I prize them greatly!!!
PMEmail Poster                View My Space Profile.
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 31-May-2008, 02:24 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacRowan

male

QUOTE (maggiemahone1 @ 29-May-2008, 10:40 PM)
I'm not a relative of Egan's biggrin.gif , he's kind enough to send me rocks thru the mail (for the past 2 years)and I appreciate it so much...and they are on my mantel. I prize them greatly!!!

So Patty, when are you going to pack your bags and go to Ireland and collect your own rocks? I'm sure you will find it much more rewarding then receiving the rocks I send you. smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]