Posted: 23-Jul-2006, 04:59 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Quebec

female

The Highland games in Montreal will be the first sunday of august at Pierrefond.What is extraordinary with this ?This year I am able to go with my honey and a few friend wearing our kilt or for some of us traditionnal scottish costume from medieval time.
PMEmail Poster               
Keltic 
Posted: 23-Jul-2006, 08:20 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacWillow

Realm: Ottawa, Ontario  Canada

male

The Montreal Highland Games are a great games. My only problem, which is shared by many vendors that set up at the games is that they allow too many junk vendors. Aside from that, they have a great venue in Pierrefonds. I remember my years competing when the Montreal Highland Games were held in St. Lambert. It had to be one of the worse venues, right beside a highway with very little shade. Ten years ago, it moved to the Douglas Hospital in Verdun which was a really nice piece of real estate to hold a Games but this only lasted a few years. The sports park in Pierrefonds was a good find to replace the grounds of the Douglas.

Anyways, anyone who hasn't been to the Montreal Highland Games, it's only about 1 hour from Maxville so you can take in the Glengarry Highland Games on Friday and Saturday, then follow most of the competitors to Montreal for Sunday.

--------------------
PMEmail Poster               
Nancy-Raven 
Posted: 09-Aug-2006, 04:18 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHolly

Realm: Quebec

female

Yes you were right it was great.We like more the games and the festivities in Quebec city were not so fun when we went saturday.My honey and I had a lot of pleasure to were our kilt and arisad in wool and it was less hot then the dress and coat we had for Quebec.Anyway I absolutely want to go to the games next year.
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]