Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Subscription Topics/messages, Important Information Please Read!
CelticRadio 
Posted: 08-Aug-2006, 05:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,766 Gold!

Today we reset all topic and message subscriptions on CelticRadio.net. This was necessary because over the course of the past 4 years we have built up an incredible 6,000 subscriptions to be notified of new posts and topics.

This is way more than our email servers can handle, so we have clear all subscriptions. You will need to re-subscribe to any messages or topics you were subscribed to.

If you could use this feature sparingly, understand it uses resources and we would rather have this feature free to all instead of moving it to a founder only feature!

Thanks for your help!

--------------------
Celtic Radio DJ
http://www.CelticRadio.net
Celtic Radio Music Network
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
stevenpd 
Posted: 08-Aug-2006, 05:32 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacReed

Realm: Fountain Valley, Calif.

male

Guilty! It's been awhile since I have pruned mu subscriptions back to more recent posts.

Didn't we have an automatic pruning for everything older than 90 days?

--------------------

user posted image

Vote in the 2018 Music Awards

Dear Lord, lest I continue in my complacent ways, help me to remember that someone died for me today. And if there be war, help me to remember to ask and to answer "am I worth dying for?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
-- Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
CelticRadio 
Posted: 08-Aug-2006, 06:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
ZodiacOak

Realm: Toronto, CAN

male

Medieval Kingdom
Rank #74
198,766 Gold!

We don't have an automatic pruner, but I think that is a great idea. Right now its ad-hoc, but I am going to add this next time to our administration site.

I've verified that topic subscription and forum subscriptions are working. There seems to be a 30 minute inactivity period though, meaning that you have to be inactive on the boards to be notified of the new topic or message.

Going forward we might prune subscriptions once every year, but I think we will go 1 year back, so actually the next prune will be in two years or when we reach an unacceptable # of subscriptions. 6,000 is way too many!

The reason we were getting some mail error codes was related to the # of topic/forum subscriptions we had!

Things are running good now!
PMEmail PosterUsers Website My Photo Album               View my Facebook Profile.View my Linked-In Profile.View my Google plus Profile.View my Twitter Profile.View My Space Profile.View my YouTube Profile.
Dogshirt 
Posted: 08-Aug-2006, 08:22 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Great! I unsubscribed to most of mine a few weeks ago!

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]