> Diana Gabaldon Fans
CelticRoz 
Posted: 31-Jul-2005, 06:48 PM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

You all get ready for the new book in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon coming out in late September. I have it on good authority and given permission to share this much with you. It is going to be:

980 pages
12 sections
124 chapters
and weigh 3 lbs!

Bigger than The Fiery Cross! :shock:

I know two people who have read the manuscript and said it is VERRA VERRA good. And we're going to learn some things that have yet to be revealed. :wink: biggrin.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
gwenlee 
Posted: 03-Aug-2005, 12:37 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

CR-I am so looking forward the the next book. We it comes out I'm going to find a nice quiet spot and put out a do not disturb sign.
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 04-Aug-2005, 12:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

Realm: Tempe, Arizona USA

female

I can hardly wait...my kids know when Mommie has the big book out...they stick to themselves...or sort of for a 7 & 8 year old!! I was given a copy of Drums of Autum in hard back by my oldest daughter for mother's day this year. I have my old set (in paper back) which were my Mom's - so I'll never get rid of them but did want to have them all in hard back...so just waiting on September to get here so I can add to my collection...when? when? when? Too many questions running through my mind on how I think - then how I wish - then how things will actually turn out....

--------------------
CelticRoz 
Posted: 04-Aug-2005, 04:00 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I am anxious for her new book to come out too, although I have several other books going on right now too so........ it may take me awhile before I actually get to reading the new book. I have a set of paper backs, but I am slowly having them all replaced by hard backs and having Diana sign each one of them each time I see her. This last time I saw her she didn't have any hardbacks with her though. sad.gif Oh well.

Amy, you like fairies? so do I! I collect them! wink.gif In fact, I used to have one fairy sig I had on here all the time. I should see about putting that back on. I love that little creature! biggrin.gif
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 13-Sep-2005, 09:27 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

Is anyone else looking at their calenders to see that it is just 2 weeks until we can have a copy of ABOSAA in our hot little hands?? I just looked up and noticed that!! Can't wait!!
CelticRoz 
Posted: 14-Sep-2005, 03:13 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Well I am! hee hee! I pre-ordered my DG book a long time ago so I am pretty anxious.

Amy, got something for you when I see you on Friday! Hope you will like! wink.gif
Rindy 
Posted: 14-Sep-2005, 09:14 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

Hi, you gals rubbing it in... ha... I am still on Voyager!!! You will let me know how the new ones are won't you? Got to keep inspired you know...
It's good to see you all....I was also just given A River Runs Through It by a close friend- I saw the movie has anyone read the book?

Slainte smile.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 19-Sep-2005, 05:37 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

A week from tomorrow and ABOSAA comes out! Yippee!

Rindy, I have seen the movie "A River Runs Through It" several times, but never even knew about the book until I saw it at the book store the other day. There are a bunch of books I want to buy right now, but I have too many on my TBR list here at home now as it is. I heard something disturbing about the ABOSAA book today that I am hoping is not true, so I may end up reading that book before I had planned. unsure.gif
gwenlee 
Posted: 21-Sep-2005, 12:19 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

I preordered by copy of ABOSAA. I can hardly wait to pick it up.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 21-Sep-2005, 05:09 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I pre-ordered my copy of ABOSAA too! Hope it is delivered to me on time! rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

Have you checked out her updated website? She had quite a following in Germany and I believe the book was #1 seller there in the first week. The photos of her trip to Germany are beautiful. I also saw on the website that DG is going to be an hour south of me in October, so depending on the time of day I may drive down there and get my new book signed! Yippee! She is doing quite a tour so y'all ought to look and see if she is going to be anywhere near you. wink.gif

http://www.dianagabaldon.com
gaberlunzie 
Posted: 28-Sep-2005, 03:52 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

I picked up the book on Monday night and have read 800 of 1300 pages already.
WOW! I love it so far! This is all I will say right now... wink.gif

"A Breath of Snow And Ashes" still is #1 of the "Spiegel" bestseller list over here.

--------------------
"Now here's my secret", said the fox, "it is very simple. It is only with ones heart that one can see clearly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."

("The Little Prince" by Antoine de Saint-Exupery)

"The soul would have no rainbow, if the eye had no tears."
(Native American Proverb)
ArizonaAmy9 
Posted: 02-Oct-2005, 10:13 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacVine

female

biggrin.gif Weel...I can say that I have just finished reading my copy of ABOSAA and it certainly was worth the wait! I will give nothing away but that Herself is at peak when writing this latest novel. There is some good, some bad, some surprises and some tears but this is true of the whole series eh?

Best of the 'page turning' to everyone...now I have to go back through it slower so absorb...and catch all the little things you don't see at first!

Take care DG fans!! I'll not be shocked to see ABOSAA on the best seller list for quite some time!
CelticRoz 
Posted: 07-Oct-2005, 10:16 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I FINALLY received my ABOSAA book yesterday! ohmy.gif I pre-ordered the book on February 3rd from Amazon! Can you believe it took that long? Anyway, I haven't started it yet. very anxious too but got some other books I need to finish first.

Hey Amy, did you see our friend Susan's name in the acknowledgements? ! Cool, eh? I think the next time I see her I am getting her to sign my book as well. How about you?! biggrin.gif
CelticRoz 
Posted: 16-Oct-2005, 06:37 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

I am embarrassed to say that I have not read ABOSAA yet. Well that is not entirely true. I read the last two chapters! Yep! You read right. Naughty me had to see if Jamie and Claire dies and I couldn't wait. So since I found out the answer, I have other books in line to be read first and I figure it will take Diana probably two years to write the next one, so I have time! laugh.gif I heard that this new book was #1 on the Best Seller's list for the New York Times though! Best seller for Germany and the states! How great is that?

Gabby, have you finished, ABOSAA yet Wondering what you thought of it. I heard it is a real wild ride!

Amy, you too! What did you think?
gwenlee 
Posted: 17-Oct-2005, 10:52 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

CR you are so much like me. I too have read the last two chapters. We are so bad!! I had to find out what happened. The bad thing now is I can't wait for the next book to come out and I've only just started reading ABOSAA.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]