Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

> Ask The Other Sex, Things you always wanted to know!
Dogshirt 
Posted: 15-Oct-2008, 07:36 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Well it would if you were going to 

NOPE!

beer_mug.gif

--------------------
Hoka Hey!
The more Liberals I meet, the more I like my dogs!
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
valpal59 
Posted: 15-Oct-2008, 07:59 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

QUOTE (MDF3530 @ 15-Oct-2008, 05:44 PM)
Why do women have to clutter bathroom sink countertops with a bunch of small bottles they never use?

Sorry Mike, not all of us do that. All of my small bottles are in a cabinet. Now hubby leaving his brush on my side of the vanity is another story. biggrin.gif

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.

You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

Author Unknown
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 16-Oct-2008, 09:30 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

Since we are talking about bathroom habits, let me ask you this: why can't my wife rinse out the sink after she brushes her teeth? I've heard of others that do this too, not just women. It is so much easier to simply rinse the sink of toothpaste and other yucky stuff then and there, instead of having to scrub it later, after it hardens.

sad.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Harlot 
Posted: 16-Oct-2008, 10:14 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern Michiagn USA

female

I'm not sure why they do that unless it is because they didn't have my Mother! she'd come get you and make you clean it up all the while your hearing how she's not your maid.

--------------------
user posted image
Hopes are towers in the skies Dreams are wings taking flight

The Boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best Shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins

Photobucket

SLAINTE
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               View My Space Profile.
valpal59 
Posted: 16-Oct-2008, 12:11 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacHolly

Realm: Texas Panhandle

female

QUOTE (Harlot @ 16-Oct-2008, 11:14 AM)
I'm not sure why they do that unless it is because they didn't have my Mother! she'd come get you and make you clean it up all the while your hearing how she's not your maid.

Amen. Our mothers must have went to the same school. LOL
PMEmail Poster               View my Facebook Profile.View My Space Profile.
oldraven 
Posted: 16-Oct-2008, 01:04 PM
Quote Post

The Protector of the Unknown
Group Icon

Group: Scotland
ZodiacHazel

Realm: Guysborough Co., Nova Scotia

male

QUOTE (ballydun @ 16-Aug-2008, 10:04 AM)
A question for the men... Why when a woman has a great idea a man has to shoot it down only to brilliantly come up with the same idea himself later? Maybe it is just the men I've known who do this and not a majority of them, but it drives me crazy!! wacko.gif

It's funny, but my wife has done this to me numerous times. It's one reason I refuse to buy groceries or do any kind of shopping with her. I could suggest something, then she'll tell me a number of reasons why it's a bad purchase and we don't need it. At the next shop she'll find the same thing and put it in the cart. Or in the next isle she'll find the same thing but cheaper and again put it in the cart. I've come to the conclusion that my wife has gotten so used to spending our money (she does 99% of our household purchases) that she can only trust her own judgement when it comes to that spending. Even if that means making my judgements hers. wink.gif

I too am a very hairy man, and make no apologies for it. Angela never thought she'd end up with a hairy man, but she's learned to... well, not like it as body hair, but like it as part of me.

As far as the actress who got lambasted for her arm pit hair, do you think it was the men in the media who were singling her out or the women? I know very little about women, but I do know that judgemental comments about other women's pride in appearance typically flow freely. wink.gif

Here's my question. When you're spatting, and you make us feel like jerks, do you actually think we're jerks, or are you just trying to make us feel that way to win the argument by making us back off to prove we're not jerks? I know I've had my internal dialogue spout, Does she really see me/think I'm like that?, many times.

king.gif

--------------------
Caw

"I am a Canadian by birth, but I am a Highlander by blood and feel under an obligation to do all I can for the sake of the Highlanders and their literature.... I have never yet spoken a word of English to any of my children. They can speak as much English as they like to others, but when they talk to me they have to talk in Gaelic."

-Alexander Maclean Sinclair of Goshen (protector of Gaelic Culture)

We need more Stan Rogers.

jams
PMEmail Poster               
flora 
Posted: 16-Oct-2008, 03:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

Realm: Tangerine, Florida

female

Well now, this is something different. J Paidraig I don't think I have every heard a man complain about this before! I agree I think it goes back to one's mum.

Oldraven I think I have the same situation with my husband. Only it is with repairs around the house. I wonder if each of our spouses consider that "their terf" and we are imposing when we suggest ideas?

As far as the hair issue, I think everyone has a right to be as "hairy" as they want. But when they display certain parts I think to clean up is more attractive. There have been many negative comments from men about hair showing on women since hem lines went up and sleeves went away.

I'm afraid I will have to say that when I do get mad (irish temper), at that moment in time I pretty much think he is a jerk. But it isn't to make him back off and it doesn't mean I don't love him any less. We usually have to take a breather and then discuss it again more rationally. Besides the bigger the fight, the better the makeup. hug.gif

--------------------
"Nature always wears the colors of the spirit." -
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.
K. Gibran

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.
John Muir

"Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. Nature's peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees. The winds will blow their own freshness into you, and the storms their energy, while cares will drop off like autumn leaves."
John Muir
PMEmail Poster               
Dogshirt 
Posted: 16-Oct-2008, 07:49 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacElder

Realm: Washington THE State

male

Oldraven I think I have the same situation with my husband. Only it is with repairs around the house. I wonder if each of our spouses consider that "their terf" and we are imposing when we suggest ideas?

As a carpenter of 32 years, my wife would NEVER tell me how to fix something around the house. The out come of that would be; "Fine, you do it and I'll come fix it right later"! PERIOD END OF DISCUSSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beer_mug.gif
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
flora 
Posted: 16-Oct-2008, 09:06 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

First off, I apologize for misspelling turf. I thought I fixed that.

Well Dogshirt I am sure after 32 years of experience you should know what you are doing. But you didn't mention whether you give her suggestions on shopping. And it nevers hurts to view other options, does it?

Flora
PMEmail Poster               
oldraven 
Posted: 17-Oct-2008, 06:08 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

QUOTE (flora @ 16-Oct-2008, 02:06 PM)
Besides the bigger the fight, the better the makeup. hug.gif

Truer words have not been spoken. wink.gif

And I apologise for even asking that question. It's impossible to answer without making a person feel defensive. It's just been a stressful couple of days. Those are days I should just avoid the internet. wink.gif

Here's a better question.

Why is it that when I can't find something, my wife has 'put it in it's place' for me, but I never really had a place for it before? Sometimes I think they're really hiding places, because not even she can find them. laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 17-Oct-2008, 06:42 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

oldraven;

You hit that one on the head. I have a question. Why is it that if a husband has a favourite piece of clothing (in my case a old beat up, frayed, darned, turtle neck, raw wool sailing sweater) that doesn't fit with the fashion of the day they throw it out. Every time my ex. came across it she threw it in the garbage and every time I'd retrieve it. She finally succeed when I was out of town for a week. Came back and it was gone. I went into mourning.

Camac.

flora 
Posted: 17-Oct-2008, 08:48 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAsh

female

Woah, Wait a minute. I do take issue with oldraven statement! So many times my husband has laid items around the house that he had emptied from pockets after a project and left for me to clean up. I used to try to put small items in baggies in case he needed them but they just piled up, so out they went. Just the other day he let my grandson play with the nozzle from his air compressor. I found in laying around and knew that eventually he would question where it was. frusty.gif

Camac, I have to say I have never thrown out any of my husband's clothes. He had a well worn shirt but I use it as a night shirt now and he doesn't have a problem with it. If I have something he doesn't like, he tells me, but I don't throw it out. I just don't wear it around him.

Flora
PMEmail Poster               
Camac
Posted: 17-Oct-2008, 09:24 AM
Quote Post

Main: Registration
Questions: Help
Important: Rules

Zodiac

flora;

I only wore that sweater when sailing and it was kept on my boat all the sailing season. The only times it was brought home was either to dry out or I had to darn another hole, and off course at the end of the season where it was hung up in my basement workshop. Admittedly when it got wet it smelled because it was raw wool and in an eclosed area could be overpowering. Never could figure out why she disliked that sweater so. When I bought it new it was a beautiful hand knitted turtleneck and cost me $300.00 in 1975.

Camac.

oldraven 
Posted: 17-Oct-2008, 09:51 AM
Quote Post

Group Icon

ZodiacHazel

male

Flora, that is something I really can't explain. My father used to call me a crow, because I would pick up an item from one spot and drop it in another. Just know that it's likely not a concious thought to leave it for you to pick up.
PMEmail Poster               
j Padraig moore 
Posted: 17-Oct-2008, 10:43 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacBirch

QUOTE (oldraven @ 17-Oct-2008, 07:08 AM)
Why is it that when I can't find something, my wife has 'put it in it's place' for me, but I never really had a place for it before? Sometimes I think they're really hiding places, because not even she can find them. laugh.gif

Or, why do they move things? We can have something be kept in the same place for years, then poof! It is now found somewhere else. And she gets so mad at me when I can't find it!
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]