> Short bread recipe
Bookmark and Share
scottish2 
  Posted: 24-Jun-2002, 07:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacBirch

This recipe was given to me though have not had chance to try it yet so bare that in mind.

Short Bread

1 Cup Butter
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Confectioners sugar

Cream Butter in a bowl and beat in sugar gradually. Add flour and mix well. (Feel free to use hands for better mixing and more fun  :p )

Press into (2) 7" round baking trays grease (Or your alternative choice of same size) Pinch outside edges and prick surface with a fork. Chill for 30 mijnutes then bake for 5 minutes @ 375 then lower temp to 300 for 55 minutes.

Enjoy!  :p
PMEmail Poster               
taitking 
Posted: 28-Jul-2002, 10:08 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacBirch

:D Here is a shortbread recipe from my mothers mother cookbook right from scotland  2 cups butter   1 cup powdered sugar  3 cups sifted flour  1 cup rice flour    cream butter and add gradually the sugar blend well but do not overwork it.  gradually add the flour  then turn out onto a lightly floured board to pat out   pat the dough into 2 circles about3/4 inch thick   prick all over with a fork  place on a baking sheet  set oven to 350 degrees bake at this temperature for five minutes then lower heat to 300 degrees for about 45 to   60 minutes  when done should be golden not browned at all cut into wedges should be able to get 32 wedges.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       This second recipe is one my mother taught me how to make shortbread.   1 cup butter  1 cup confectionary sugar  4 cups flour  1 cup cornstartch  mix all together  cut out with round cutter and place on greased baking sheet bake in 350 degree oven till golden                                                                                                                                                                        For the original first receipe you will find rice flour in a health food store  most keep it in the refrigerator section  this is the receipe to follow for true shortbread
PMEmail Poster               
maggiemahone1 
Posted: 29-Jul-2002, 06:58 AM
Quote Post

High Queen of Ireland

ZodiacIvy

Realm: Southern West Virginia

female

Yummy, these shortbread recipes sounds delicious.  I am definitely going to try them in the near future. I'm sure my 2 granddaughters ages 7 and 2 would be good taste testers.  

maggiemahone1
PMEmail PosterUsers Website                View My Space Profile.
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Celtic RadioTM broadcasts through Live365.com and StreamLicensing.com which are officially licensed under SoundExchange, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC and SOCAN.
2014 Celtic Radio Network, Highlander Radio, Celtic Moon, Celtic Dance, Ye O' Celtic Pub and Celt-Rock-Radio.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Celtic Graphics 2014, Cari Buziak

Link to CelticRadio.net!
Link to CelticRadio.net
View Broadcast Status and Statistics!

Best Viewed With IE 8.0 (1680 x 1050 Resolution), Javascript & Cookies Enabled.

[Home] [Top]

Celtic Hearts Gallery | Celtic Mates Dating | My Celtic Friends | Celtic Music Radio | Family Heraldry | Medival Kingdom | Top Celtic Sites | Web Celt Blog | Video Celt