gwenlee 
Posted: 03-Mar-2005, 03:45 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacAlder

female

Merewyn I had the same emotions while reading her book. When I read Outlander there were times I had to put the book down because it was so intense.

I loaned Lord John Grey Private Matter to a friend who has never been interested in reading any of DG's books. Well she has now informed me that she loves DG style and may have to borrow my Outlander Series.

CelticRose I hope you are doing well. I am on chapter 48 of Into The Wilderness. I'm feeling somewhat better and started back to work. You are right shingles can be caused by stress. But I can't think of any stress I'm under right now, except I've spent the last 3 months working overtime every week. So I guess my body is telling me to slow down.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 04-Mar-2005, 12:44 AM
Quote Post

Roz

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacAlder

female

Hi Merewyn! Great to have you here amongst us "I love Jamie" fans! LOL I loved Voyager! That book and Outlander were my two favorites!

Keep reading, Rindy! wink.gif Sorry I have been away, but I have been without a computer all week.............sob, sob! My monitor went out on us and I have sulked and whined all week till hubby brought home one of his monitors from his business tonight for me to shut up! laugh.gif I can't stand being without my computer!

gwenlee! I am in Chapter 40 or 41 now in ITW. I love this book and I love Nathaniel! Someone said that Nathaniel reminded them of between a Jamie and young Ian. I love Robbie MacLachlan too! So glad that Elizabeth killed off that Lingo...........wasn't he a sick puppy. glad you are feeling better. Hope you continue.

have missed talking to all you girls!

gwenlee 
Posted: 04-Mar-2005, 08:11 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi CelticRose
I'm in chapter 55, I guess I'll have to get the next book this weekend. I agree with you about Nathaniel, but I thought Robbie reminded me of an older Jamie. I would like to meet someone like Robbie. Ditto on Elizabeth killing off Lingo, I was glad it was her and not the men folk. Well I have to go now I just got off work and I need to get some sleep. This weekend will be busy for me we Scottish Country Dancers are off to dance at a Celtic Celebration. Dance-Dance-Dance yippee!!. Only bad thing I don't get to wear my new kilt mad.gif We ladies have to wear a solid color skirt, white blouse, and our sashes. The men get to wear their kilts--I love that requirement, nothing like a man in a kilt-yes,yes,yes :and I'm thinking I should see a lot of men in kilts at a Celtic event--Even my son will be wearing his kilt.
Merewyn 
Posted: 04-Mar-2005, 09:27 AM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacVine

Realm: Coppell, TX

female

QUOTE (Rindy1202 @ 03-Mar-2005, 04:29 PM)
Hey there Merewyn,

Oh no are you sayin something awful happens to Jamie? I am only half way through DragonFly In Amber, so please don't tell me what happens.. I too have quite the feelin for this character...Have you seen Celticrose anywhere? Hopefully happy readin to ya..

Slainte

Rindy,
I wouldn't think of spoiling anything for you. DG's books are so wonderful that I feel it's necessary for each of us to discover what happens on our own.
My comment about becoming emotional over Voyager was in reference to the way Jamie and Claire's adventures affect me. I'll leave it at that.
I swear I've never read novels by a more accomplished author than Diana. She's bumped Anne Rice off the throne! wink.gif

--------------------
user posted image user posted image

"Dinna be afraid," he said softly. "There's two of us now." ~Jamie Fraser~
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 04-Mar-2005, 04:50 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

gwenlee, have a really terrific time this weekend. Sorry you don't get to wear your new kilt though. What a bummer. I am sure you will have fun anyway.

Yeah, yeah. Robbie Maclachlan does act like an older Jamie, doesn't he? I really like his character. Richard Todd is a real slime ball though. I am at the part where they are all in Canada right now healing from all their injuries. I was so glad that the red dog was fine. I was really upset when Lingo had shot him.

Merewyn, that is saying a lot if you think that DG is above Anne Rice. DG told us at lunch last weekend that she was good friends with her.

Are you all involved in the Ladies of Lallybroch site? It is really good too. However, I would suggest you finish all the books first. wink.gif smile.gif
Merewyn 
  Posted: 05-Mar-2005, 07:39 PM
Quote Post

Servant

ZodiacVine

Realm: Coppell, TX

female

Celticrose,
I've been to the site, but I haven't read it extensively. I'm so leery of spoilers that I'm saving exploring that one and all of the other DG/Jamie sites until I've finished all the books.
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 06-Mar-2005, 03:48 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Hey all
I got absoultly no reading done this week end. I had a lot of fun dancing, listening to music and poetry, and most important of all socializing. I have less than 200 pages left to read of Into The Wilderness. I am anxious to get into the next book. Well I gotta go. Have fun reading.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 06-Mar-2005, 04:13 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Merewyn! I just go to the social board in there on the lallybroch site.

Gwenlee! I thought about you this weekend and wondering if you would be having a great time. I wanted to go to the Renaissance fair but it has rained all weekend. I can't wait to see what you think about the ending of ITW. I am on chapter 45 I think. Do you have the next book in the series all ready to start reading?

Take care!
Hugo 
Posted: 08-Mar-2005, 07:36 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacIvy

Hey CelticRose I finished Into the Wilderness and its good, leaves you hanging. Todd has issues which makes him the way he is. Jullian is another story. From what I read about the next book we get to go to Scotland. I won't get to start that book until Wed.

--------------------
My homeland is the grasslands home of the Karaya tribe just one of the six clans.
The with the Zexens is still on after loosing my best friend I was forced to go to the duck clan village. There I met Lilly and her crew. I promised to take them the Lizard Clan' Great Hallow (where my family was hiding). After we get there there seemed to be a fighting going on between the rest of my clan (Karayan), the lizard clan and the iron heads. After the battle settled I have to go to the Lake Castle. There is were we all get separeted. Going to another one of the clan's villages I met the women that killed my best friend, Lulu, Lady Chris fighting for our clans.
Favorite saying: "Married is a Bliss to women misfortune to men"
PMEmail Poster               
gwenlee 
Posted: 08-Mar-2005, 07:45 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Ok now everyone knows Hugo is my child. I didn't know she was still signed in on this site. So the message under Hugo is mine. Oh I got my ring from Kelticnation and I really really like it.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 08-Mar-2005, 06:01 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Wow, gwenlee! Was I ever confused there for a moment. I read in Hugo's profile that she was only in 9th grade and had read this book already?! ohmy.gif Thanks for explaining!

wow! We get to go to Scotland next book?! Wow! I can't wait! I thought somebody had told me that, but then as I kept reading ITW I thought maybe I misunderstood.

You got your ring from Kelticnations? He does absolutely wonderful jewelry. Wish I could see a pic of what you got.
gwenlee 
Posted: 09-Mar-2005, 07:29 AM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

ZodiacAlder

female

Hi CelticRose I went to get the second book Dawn on a Distant Shore and no one has it. I had to order it. They said it would take up to a week to get here. Oh well.

I love my ring from Keltic nation. The design is called Daonnan. You can see it on their site.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 09-Mar-2005, 04:56 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Oh, I was afraid of that gwenlee in that you might have to order it. I usually have my books all ready for the next one in a series so I can pick it up right away. Well, maybe you can do a quick read while waiting. smile.gif

I am going to the big city tomorrow and taking my book list to see what other books I can find at the used book store. I am hoping that Fire Along the Sky will be there. That's the only book in the series that I don't have.

Oh, I will go look on Keltic's site and see which ring you got. I forget the name of the one that I really like and want. I am always reluctant to buy rings on the net for fear they won't fit. which finger are you wearing it on?

Hope you are doing well!
Rindy 
Posted: 09-Mar-2005, 09:28 PM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacBirch

female

QUOTE (CelticRose @ 09-Mar-2005, 03:56 PM)
Oh, I was afraid of that gwenlee in that you might have to order it. I usually have my books all ready for the next one in a series so I can pick it up right away. Well, maybe you can do a quick read while waiting. smile.gif

I am going to the big city tomorrow and taking my book list to see what other books I can find at the used book store. I am hoping that Fire Along the Sky will be there. That's the only book in the series that I don't have.

Oh, I will go look on Keltic's site and see which ring you got. I forget the name of the one that I really like and want. I am always reluctant to buy rings on the net for fear they won't fit. which finger are you wearing it on?

Hope you are doing well!

have a safe trip rm..

Slainte wink.gif
PMEmail Poster               
CelticRoz 
Posted: 10-Mar-2005, 06:00 PM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

Thanks Rindy! I did have a safe trip. Bought me 8 books too while I was there! rolleyes.gif

gwenlee, I went and looked at Keltic's website and the ring I want is the Na mara, which is the same design but smaller in width. I want it for my thumb though, so maybe I should get the wider one like yours. Hmmm.....
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]