hologramrose 
Posted: 05-Dec-2006, 11:43 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacElder

Realm: Los Angeles, CA

female

QUOTE (Lady of the Loch @ 05-Dec-2006, 06:53 AM)

Been to them both, I am from Attica..Have ya heard of the Badlands here in Attica?
We are south west of Lafayette.. but I have been to bloomington many times biggrin.gifI have never went to nashville indiana though, I heard there are a lot of cute shops there

then you must have been to my favorite pub in the world:

http://www.irishlion.com/

I haven't had time the past few years, but i used to go home just to celebrate my birthday with friends there each year. The huge wood bar was brought over on a boat from Ireland in 1860 and it still looks beautiful. One of the few places I've seen yard glasses.
The owner was always a bit drunk - he was also my landlord one year during college...my best friend Matt and i lived in one of his boarding houses. There was a door in the middle of the house that went down to this dirt basement but there were no stairs. He would raid the house periodically to make sure that everyone was keeping the common areas clean (which of course no one did). Our Chinese neighbors, Wei and Won, made rice everynight in this huge wok and would leave it in the sink until the roaches would swarm over it. One Saturday he came over to fix the front door and saw the mess. Matt and I hid as soon as we heard the ruckus start...he took every single pot,pan,dish,cup, fork that was in the kitchen, opened the door to the 'basement' and threw everything in - there was nothing left! Then he sat out in the yard and drank a few beers. We were rolling on the floor laughing for hours...until we realized we had nothing to cook our rice and beans in for dinner that night smile.gif

--------------------
It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honors the we are fighting, but for freedom -for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with his life....."
-The Declaration of Arbroath 1320
PMEmail Poster My Photo Album               
WizardofOwls 
Posted: 06-Dec-2006, 07:21 PM
Quote Post

Wanderer and Vagabond

ZodiacVine

Realm: Wytheville, Virginia

male

Hello hologramrose! Fàilte gu Celtic Radio! Welcome to Celtic Radio!

In my humble opinion, you have found one of the best websites ever. The people here are some of the nicest to be found anywhere on the net, and the music is simply out of this world.

So kick off your shoes, grab a mug of your favorite hot (or cold) beverage, turn up the music and have fun! I look forward to getting to know you better through your posts.

If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to ask anyone with the word "Guide" beneath their avatar. That's why we're here!

Again, it is so nice to have you with us. We are like one big family here, and we just love welcoming new members to the fold! I hope that you will enjoy your stay with us, and that you will come back and visit with us often. I feel quite certain that you will grow to love the place as much as I have.

Welcome to the family, my friend!
And welcome home! smile.gif

--------------------
Slàn agus beannachd,
Allen R. Alderman

'S i Alba tìr mo chridhe. 'S i Gàidhlig cànan m' anama.
Scotland is the land of my heart. Gaelic is the language of my soul.
PMEmail PosterMy Photo Album               
gypseyreyne 
Posted: 24-Dec-2006, 01:45 AM
Quote Post

Braveheart Member

ZodiacRowan

female

Greetings,
You weave a wonderful story. Welcome to California. I am on my way back East.

--------------------
Oh Lord! Thou knowest how busy I must be this day: if I forget thee, do not Thou forget me.Prayer uttered by Sir Philip Warwick before the battle of Edgehill.
PMEmail Poster               
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Quick ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]