jzimansky 
  Posted: 13-Mar-2007, 11:45 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

Group: Celtic Nation
ZodiacOak

Realm: Newark, DE

female

The Pennsylvania Renaissance Faire has a Celtic Weekend in June. I'm wondering if there is anyone who has been to it? And what did you think of it?
PMEmail Poster               View My Space Profile.
Sekhmet 
Posted: 13-Mar-2007, 02:04 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian

ZodiacAlder

Realm: Pittsburgh-ish, Pennsylvania

female

I haven't been to Penn Renn in years. I'd like to be able to shake the time loose, though. Personally (and this is just me), the Celtic weekends at Faires tend to be half highland games, half St. Patrick's day, and never really addresses much beyond that. Then again come the renaissance period most Celtic nobles were largely influenced by English and Norman elements, but we digress. wink.gif
AShruleEgan 
Posted: 13-Mar-2007, 07:02 PM
Quote Post

Celtic Guardian
Group Icon

Group: Ireland
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Winston-Salem, North Carolina

male

Been to it twice and had a great time both times. You need good walking shoes because the place is rather large and they have 14 stages (I think they only use 10 for the Celtic Fest) spread out over the property. Usually, have a pretty good lineup of bands, plenty of vendors and an assortment of food.

Somewhere on this forum, I have a thread dedicated to that festival, which includes many pictures. Do a search and see if you can locate it.

It did cost $20 to get in the door, the last time I went, so be prepared. To see the bands that usually play there, $20 isn't that bad of a price.

Oh yea, DO NOT TRY THE WINE TASTING. The wine they make there is rather disgusting.

Other than that, have fun!! laugh.gif
PMEmail Poster               
Montie, druid at heart 
  Posted: 03-May-2007, 04:29 PM
Quote Post

Chieftain of the Clan
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacRowan

Realm: Sugar Grove, VA

male

I'm looking at going this summer too and posted the same question in the general area before I saw this one. Hope we get a few more responses.
PMEmail Poster               
maisky 
Posted: 04-May-2007, 07:23 AM
Quote Post

King of CelticRadio.net Jesters
Group Icon

Group: Founder
ZodiacIvy

Realm: Easton, PA

male

QUOTE (A Shrule Egan @ 13-Mar-2007, 07:02 PM)

Oh yea, DO NOT TRY THE WINE TASTING. The wine they make there is rather disgusting.

There is no such thing as bad FREE wine! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."
Carl Sagan
PMEmail Poster               
jzimansky 
Posted: 04-May-2007, 12:44 PM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacOak

Realm: Newark, DE

female

QUOTE (A Shrule Egan @ 13-Mar-2007, 08:02 PM)
Been to it twice and had a great time both times. You need good walking shoes because the place is rather large and they have 14 stages (I think they only use 10 for the Celtic Fest) spread out over the property. Usually, have a pretty good lineup of bands, plenty of vendors and an assortment of food.

Somewhere on this forum, I have a thread dedicated to that festival, which includes many pictures. Do a search and see if you can locate it.

It did cost $20 to get in the door, the last time I went, so be prepared. To see the bands that usually play there, $20 isn't that bad of a price.

Thanks for the info. I've been to the Renn Faire and know the grounds, so I will definitely take good shoes. I am looking forward to the bands that are going to be there and the dancing. I believe they have some demonstrations as well.

Tickets are $24.95 now.
CelticRoz 
Posted: 20-May-2007, 01:28 AM
Quote Post

Roz

ZodiacAlder

female

You in PA are very lucky as you all have several Renn faires and many 18th c re-enactments! Plus you all live in some really beautiful country. I have been to PA a couple times and was very impressed! Hope you enjoy your events!
PMEmail PosterView My Photographs               
robbuck 
Posted: 16-Feb-2008, 09:34 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacVine

Realm: Central Pennsylvania

male

My daughter and I go to the Celtic Fling ever year. Make sure you check out the Scotch Tasting.. You might want to get there fairly early for that. Also was a little upset last year as the beer lines were about 1/2 hour long. You non sooner finish than you have to find another. Fortunately, there are several places to get ale. I think their ales are one of the best around. Enjoy... beer_mug.gif

--------------------
"A Knight is sworn to valor,
His heart knows only virtue.
His blade defends the helpless,
His might upholds the weak.
His word speaks only truth,
His wrath undoes the wicked."
The Old Code from Dragonheart
PMEmail Poster               
robbuck 
Posted: 16-Feb-2008, 09:39 AM
Quote Post

Peasant

ZodiacVine

Realm: Central Pennsylvania

male

I noticed this is last years posting.. The Renn Faire grounds have been expanded as I'm sure you found out if you went last year.. Looking forward to this years fling.. there will be a lot of good groups there.. i believe Enter the Haggis , Glengharry Buoys and Scythian..
PMEmail Poster               
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Reply to this topic Fast ReplyStart new topicStart Poll

© Celtic Radio Network
Celtic Radio is a TorontoCast radio station that is based in Canada.
TorontoCast provides music license coverage through SOCAN.
All rights and trademarks reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.

[Home] [Top]